Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

zumo_b wrote: »
    This isn't Big Brother. We're not voting to evict here or anything... :D

On the Lucy is Harry's lovechild theory...would that not mean she's riding her half-brother though?

When is she riding him?! She's constantly with Delores and living in Delores's house an didn't he say before she was a bit of a frigid[/QUOTE]

nah he definitely lobbed it in, defo, i saw, he's got a little pecker on him too, thats why she aint too bothered about banging him

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kieraneen14

any sign of dr dillions boobies

• Registered Users Posts: 84,834 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

is fair city no on tonight ?

No must because Corrie is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

zumo_b wrote: »

On the Lucy is Harry's lovechild theory...would that not mean she's riding her half-brother though?

Doubt it, the FC writers have done that before. Remember all the steamy goings on between Heather and Floyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

I've been busy thinking up horrible ways in which Lucy can die. That neck of hers is really beginning to bother me. It's so skinny and pointy that it's like a snake. She needs a good meal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Yangedd wrote: »
    I've been busy thinking up horrible ways in which Lucy can die. That neck of hers is really beginning to bother me. It's so skinny and pointy that it's like a snake. She needs a good meal!

Maybe the answer is in your statement! After all apparantly a Lion was on the loose in England last week, why not an escaped python or Cobra from Dublin Zoo, slithering round the food supplies in the Hungry pig!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Thanks Simon Cowell for no Fair City ep this evening... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

RVD420 wrote: »
    Thanks Simon Cowell for no Fair City ep this evening... :rolleyes:

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

:confused::confused::confused:

(tinfoil hat on)

I'm guessing Coronation St. now is being shown on Wednesdays (in Fair City's 7.30 timeslot) now cos X-Factor US is gonna be aired on Thursdays. Maybe RTE don't fancy entering a ratings war with Corrie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Dub XV wrote: »
    Lucy is the daughter of Harry molloy's ex.

Doe stole Harry from her back in the day.

She swore to her mother, on her death bed, that she'd Get revenge on Delores.

Sorry just watched the last episode of Revenge on rte2 so that is what I'm running with :)

If you're referring to Shelley.... then Lucy is too old to be her daughter.

• Advertisement

(tinfoil hat on)

I'm guessing Coronation St. now is being shown on Wednesdays (in Fair City's 7.30 timeslot) now cos X-Factor US is gonna be aired on Thursdays. Maybe RTE don't fancy entering a ratings war with Corrie...

It's a bullsh*t excuse. RTE need to get their act together.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Do you think Wayne gets confused when he meets his original "ma" (Dr Dillon) walking around Carrigstown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 silvertree50

Fair City by name but fair play is not a gift the scriptwriters have at all. I think it is rather cruel of them to keep up this LOONY LUCY story. I can't bear to watch the farce next week with more mind games from Loony Lucy. .
    and finally aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh COMPLETELY, TOTALLY, UTTERLY SICK OF STUPID LUCY NUTJOB/PSYCHO/ SCREWLOOSE LUCY. Finally said it as clearly as I can. End of rant. Finally.......!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 xylophones

Marcusm wrote: »
    Do you think Wayne gets confused when he meets his original "ma" (Dr Dillon) walking around Carrigstown?
    ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

(tinfoil hat on)

Well !! All I can say to X-Factor Us is

220485.gif

xylophones wrote: »
    ?????

Catherine Byrne (Judith Dillon) was the original Dolores Molloy - c1989/1990.

The scriptwriters are hoping we didn't notice but some of us have long memories.

Marcusm wrote: »

I'd say he is so taken with Lucy at the moment, he probably doesn't even spot the difference.

Couldn't Fair City come up with a version of the Venus Flytrap but with a difference
    a venusLucytrap . Bono could give Lucy a few clues with the costume. Just a thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Rocky Dennis is getting her kit off

:D Harsh.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Don't think I'm looking forward to the end of the Lucy storyline - who will I love to hate, it used to be Billy Mehan then Trevor, and now Lucy.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

Can anybody remember this story line?
    I loved it at the time and I would like them to do similar again!
    Fair City broadcasts two exciting weeks of drama in which Mondo gets caught up in Murder, Drugs and Insider Trading.

Tuesday 26th July, 12.00am
    For the next two weeks, Fair City, will break from its normal storylines for a dramatic two week special entitled “Sins of our Children”. The plot revolves around Mondo O’Connell (George McMahon) and will result in his departure from the soap. The episodes will be broadcast in the usual Fair City time-slot at 8.00pm, between [...]

For the next two weeks, Fair City, will break from its normal storylines for a dramatic two week special entitled “Sins of our Children”. The plot revolves around Mondo O’Connell (George McMahon) and will result in his departure from the soap. The episodes will be broadcast in the usual Fair City time-slot at 8.00pm, between Tuesday 26th July and Sunday 7th of August on RTÉ One, and will include a dramatic one-hour episode on Thursday 28th of July at 8.00pm.

A host of new characters will be joining the cast for the next two weeks, including some well-known faces from television, theatre and film. These include Gary Whelan (Brendan; Ballykissangel), Ciaran Fitzgerald (Ossie; Into The West), Colin O’Donoghue (Peter; Love is the Drug), Billy Carter (Festival), Orla O’Rourke (Jenny; The Clinic, 2nd Series)

As the story begins, Mondo is becoming involved with a few of Lauren’s (Rachel Kavanagh) friends who are embroiled in insider trading. They’re young, rich and arrogant and are using information gleaned from their wealthy and influential parents for their own benefit. Between them they have amassed millions which are hidden away in offshore accounts.

The group consists of Jake (Billy Carter), Finn (Ciaran Fitzgerald), Emmet (Colin O’Donoghue) and Avril (Orla O’Rourke). Jake is the brains of the operation, a Machiavellian character who is adept at manipulating the group. He’s also blackmailing Finn, supplying him with heroin while at the same time threatening to go public with his addiction.

However, things quickly unravel for the group when Finn is murdered at a party in Emmet’s house. One person holds the key to what has happened: Mondo. He witnesses Finn’s death from a bedroom window. No one believes his account though, as Jake busily spins a web of lies in attempt to cover his tracks.

To make matters worse, the Office of Corporate Enforcement notice something amiss in some of their companies’ transactions and the investigation leads them to Emmet.

Mondo and Lauren rekindle their relationship. The reunion is short-lived, however, when Mondo finally admits the real reason for their break-up. He begs for forgiveness and tries to warn her about Jake. But it’s Jake that Lauren chooses to believe. Jake remains worried though – Mondo needs to be silenced if Jake’s to keep out of trouble with the law.

George McMahon has decided to take a break from the Fair City but may return at some point in the future. He is twenty years of age and has been in the soap for three years. During this time George has been involved in some of the soaps more popular soaplines such as his on/off relationship with Kira Cassidy, the birth of their daughter Juliet, and his transition from apprentice mechanic to burgeoning business tycoon.

http://www.rte.ie/presspack/2005/07/26/fair-city-broadcasts-two-exciting-weeks-of-drama-in-which-mondo-gets-caught-up-in-murder-drugs-and-insider-trading/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Kira is presumably the sister of Niamh and Sean? Mondo is Ray's son?

Much is heard of the Aussie based Doyles; these erstwhile characters seem to have been forgotten by their families!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Did anyone else notice the teacher seemed to have more clothes on after the strip than before it .

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

cloptrop wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice the teacher seemed to have more clothes on after the strip than before it .

Yeah...........thank god :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84,834 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I caved in and I watched :o I'm loving Pete and Neil :p hope they get the bitch fast

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I caved in and I watched :o I'm loving Pete and Neil :p hope they get the bitch fast

Well, I'm not one to give away spoilers but....... we will smile at the end of the wk for once when Lucy is in action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete and Neil to do a Poirot & Hastings routine ............................... and not before time.
    Come on Dolores, Keep up!!!!!!!!!!!

• is fair city only twice a week now of what because corrie moved wed 7.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

is fair city only twice a week now of what because corrie moved wed 7.30pm

It's now been moved to 8pm on Wed evenings.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

If they clashed i'd rather watch Fair city :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement