Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Hp chromebook 11

• 21-10-2014 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I purchased a chromebook 11 four months ago. I had the computer for about one week when I lost the charger at work. Currys pc world dont do the chargers for it. Google play store or Google in the states,UK or Ireland cant send me one or I cannot source one anywhere that is powerfull enough to charge the device completely. Has anyone out being using this device? Can anyone help me out on this. Im completely frustrated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭notmymark

I have a Chromebook 11 as well. First thing you should know is that any micro USB charger will charge the device, however only a charger with a higher Wattage will allow you to charge it while using it. This does not have to be the included one, any high Wattage charger will work. If I'm not mistaken the included charger is rated for about 3A and just over 5V output.

I know the French Play Store sells the official charger separately in the accessories section so it is possible to get it. There are also several replacement / generic high Wattage chargers on Amazon that will work.

If the official charger isn't sold on the Irish Play Store then I wouldn't waste your time contacting Google. It is a HP machine so you should contact HP for hardware issues.

PC World used to sell the Chromebook 11 so it is possible that they can order one for you.

Finally if you are getting an "official" replacement from anywhere other than HP make sure it is one of the new ones that done suffer from the overheating issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jezz77

notmymark wrote: »
    I have a Chromebook 11 as well. First thing you should know is that any micro USB charger will charge the device, however only a charger with a higher Wattage will allow you to charge it while using it. This does not have to be the included one, any high Wattage charger will work. If I'm not mistaken the included charger is rated for about 3A and just over 5V output.

I know the French Play Store sells the official charger separately in the accessories section so it is possible to get it. There are also several replacement / generic high Wattage chargers on Amazon that will work.

If the official charger isn't sold on the Irish Play Store then I wouldn't waste your time contacting Google. It is a HP machine so you should contact HP for hardware issues.

PC World used to sell the Chromebook 11 so it is possible that they can order one for you.

Finally if you are getting an "official" replacement from anywhere other than HP make sure it is one of the new ones that done suffer from the overheating issue.

Hi and thank you for your reply. I had originally contacted Hp who were unable to supply me with a charger so they referred me onto Google as apparently they have equal rights to the device. I also tried to go down the route of buying one via another play store but I couldn't do it via the UK as your billing address has to match the shipping address and all this rubbish. As for Amazon and charging with low powered chargers ive also tried this and I need the device charging while using. It took me a whole night to charge for half a battery with a phone charger. No charger ive purchased can charge my device. If you could tell me where to get a USB high Wattage charger in a store here in Ireland that would be great. Currys pc world have washed their hands of the Chromebook and proved as useless in helping me out in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭notmymark

jezz77 wrote: »
    If you could tell me where to get a USB high Wattage charger in a store here in Ireland that would be great.

The only physical store I could think of is Maplins but I don't know if they do such a thing. I just checked and Amazon have a few that are specifically for the HP Chromebook 11.

Advertisement