Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tour de France betting **Please use spoiler tags before midnight**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

The current yellow jersey is 11/1 to still be in yellow after tomorrow's stage. I'm not saying he'll be contesting a sprint finish but those odds look wrong to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Brailsford said the don't want to keep the jersey but if SKY go all out and ride at front to keep Froome up there then there is a a high possibility they will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I think Stybar has a good chance tomorrow.
    Pity the bookies think the same, 10/1 best price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I've gone on two long shots, Senechal and Debusschere. Both 100/1. Both have previous on the pave.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Stage Matchups
    Contador to beat quintana
    Thomas to beat valverde
    Greipel to beat cav
    3.4 treble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

GVA all the way today at 18/1 with Paddys last evening.

I'm on Degs for Green so it's not a bad result if he wins but I cannot see a position where he's brought to the finish. He will need to be super strong in dry conditions with the likes of GVA, Vanmarcke and Stybar all chomping at the bit

Also on Gallopin to beat Pozzato in a match bet at 11/10. Pippo crashed heavy yesterday, and is on Rui Costa duty. Gallopin was Top 20 on this stage last year and is flying Seems a mismatch.

there's also a 2/1 offer in Paddys for the winning margin being 2 seconds or more. It's an uphill sprint so even if there's a smallish group arrivng together, there might be time gaps...or a lone GVA romping home

bacekd Elmiger at 150/1 and Gallopin at 50s also both ew with Boylespprts for 5 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    bacekd Elmiger at 150/1 and Gallopin at 50s also both ew with Boylespprts for 5 places.

good call on both thats what I went for on my tips.

interesting how this plays out with tactics etc key based on who has to protect and who has free role.

i'm still reeling after my monster matchbet on Frank v Barguill yesterday at 6/4. Frank crashed heavily, landing on his back. Missed the first echelon split and then got shelled out on the penultimate climb.

Frank was a shoo in for that bet. He loves Fleche Wallone and is a lightweight explosive climber. Barguill finished where I expected him, or or around the top 20 but behind GVA and Gesink...

kicking myself not backing the Vuillermoz v Uran matchbet - even money in some places yesterday. also Gesink v Bardet was Evens,

a day to forget

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭daramike

I think the cobbles are being over-estimated. They are not as hard as last year, we won't have anywhere near the bad weather and they are further from the finish. I expect a reduced sprint of 50 riders myself. I think Degenkolb, Kristoff, Sagan and Greipel are the big stand out favourites. T Martin is interesting at a big price 66/1. He finished top 20 last year in the cobbles and has 13K after the last section to go for the win and yellow jersey. Trentin is my other outside pick at 66/1. Finished 9th in last years stage would have been higher only for a Kwiatkowski puncture. He is very strong in these longer stages and won a reduced sprint stage last year in the Tour. Of the favourites Sagan at 7/1 for the win. He finished 4th in the similar stage last year. He nearly caught Griepel on the line in stage 2 so is very strong.

• Advertisement

daramike wrote: »
    I think the cobbles are being over-estimated. They are not as hard as last year, we won't have anywhere near the bad weather and they are further from the finish. I expect a reduced sprint of 50 riders myself. I think Degenkolb, Kristoff, Sagan and Greipel are the big stand out favourites. T Martin is interesting at a big price 66/1. He finished top 20 last year in the cobbles and has 13K after the last section to go for the win and yellow jersey. Trentin is my other outside pick at 66/1. Finished 9th in last years stage would have been higher only for a Kwiatkowski puncture. He is very strong in these longer stages and won a reduced sprint stage last year in the Tour. Of the favourites Sagan at 7/1 for the win. He finished 4th in the similar stage last year. He nearly caught Griepel on the line in stage 2 so is very strong.
    its apparently drizzling over the cobbles - they might have more of an impact than thought.

the cobbles are one thing but the distance is another and their placement in the final 30 or so kms after 3 hard days of racing. I think there will still be gaps, 50 or so riders seems a little high, almost a third of the peloton?

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    its apparently drizzling over the cobbles - they might have more of an impact than thought.

the cobbles are one thing but the distance is another and their placement in the final 30 or so kms after 3 hard days of racing. I think there will still be gaps, 50 or so riders seems a little high, almost a third of the peloton?

my prediction of 50 was loosely said, your right it will be less probably 20 to 30 if T Martin hasn't the stage won already;)

retalivity wrote: »
    Stage Matchups
    Contador to beat quintana
    Thomas to beat valverde
    Greipel to beat cav
    3.4 treble
    Contador the only one to come in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

GetWithIt wrote: »
    The current yellow jersey is 11/1 to still be in yellow after tomorrow's stage. I'm not saying he'll be contesting a sprint finish but those odds look wrong to me.
    The odds were wrong but a lose is a lose.

daramike wrote: »
    I think the cobbles are being over-estimated. They are not as hard as last year, we won't have anywhere near the bad weather and they are further from the finish. I expect a reduced sprint of 50 riders myself. I think Degenkolb, Kristoff, Sagan and Greipel are the big stand out favourites. B]B][B]T Martin is interesting at a big price 66/1. He finished top 20 las[/B[Bt year in the cobbles and has 13K after the last section to go for the win [/B]and yellow jersey[/B]. [/B]Trentin is my other outside pick at 66/1. Finished 9th in last years stage would have been higher only for a Kwiatkowski puncture. He is very strong in these longer stages and won a reduced sprint stage last year in the Tour. Of the favourites Sagan at 7/1 for the win. He finished 4th in the similar stage last year. He nearly caught Griepel on the line in stage 2 so is very strong.

Ah lovely worked out perfectly.

Double for tomorrow:

Greipel to beat Kristoff
    Dekenkolb to beat Bouhanni
    Odds of 12/5

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

spock. wrote: »
    Double for tomorrow:

Greipel to beat Kristoff
    Odds of 12/5

Looks fairly flat and straight forward tomorrow. I reckon Cav is the man.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote:
    Looks fairly flat and straight forward tomorrow. I reckon Cav is the man.

It will be interesting how focused Etixx are on Cavendish with the yellow jersey to defend.
    I fancy Greipel to do it again.

i wonder will Greipel miss his lead out man Greg Henderson

weather is atrocious today. cross winds for first 100 kms in pissing rain

headwind final 90kms though so probably will be a bunch sprint in the rain.

Kristoff and Sagan for me today

Happy enough with Martin winning yesterday. I wouldn't touch Greipel to be honest with Henderson injured. Renshaw will lead Cav out if he waits long enough he wins this. Kristoff 7/1 and Bouhanni 10/1 are my 2 picks for today.

• Advertisement

**** forgot about Henderson. I didn't back Greipel anyway as he was too short but the double could be in trouble.

Double for tomorrow:

Greipel to beat Kristoff
    Odds of 12/5
    Boom!
    A bit sickened now that I didn't back Greipel for the win but I guess I got lucky with Bouhanni crashing.

Coquard at 33s for tomorrow. Might see Bennett and martin involved

Boasson-Hagen @ 16/1 for me

Bennett e/w @ 150/1 aswell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Boasson-Hagen @ 16/1 for me

Bennett e/w @ 150/1 aswell.

That's crazy good value from Bet365. Bennett is 33/1 on PP, tight.

two nice bets with paddys if u can get more than few quid on, boasson hagen to beat demare 6/4 paddys
    cimolai to beat bennett 6/5 paddys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

manafana wrote: »
    two nice bets with paddys if u can get more than few quid on, boasson hagen to beat demare 6/4 paddys

Thanks for the heads up, I've jumped on both of those.

manafana wrote: »
    Cheers for that, Demare and Bennett are MIA so seems very good odds.

Taken the gorilla at 10/3 and degers at 9s

Went to check my pp account as theres nothing atanding out on bet365 matchups...and I'm limited to a max bet of €4 on each.

Screw you paddy!!

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Cheers for that, Demare and Bennett are MIA so seems very good odds.

Taken the gorilla at 10/3 and degers at 9s

took sagan and degenkolb myself 5/1 and 12/1, but my main trader is the 80s i got on boassen hagen (with some 75s)

Advertisement