Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fees and student contribution what's the difference

• 16-09-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Please help me understand the difference?

We got awarded 50% student contributon with Susi so €1500 does his mean I have to pay the other €1500 plus I have to pay fees??
    Or are fees free??
    Please help am really panicing about this thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

Fees refer to tuition fees,student contribution and some colleges have other fees aswell.

Usually when people say fees they mean tuition fees which again are normally covered by the Dept of Education under the Free Fees Scheme if you are eligible

SUSI only cover student contribution and never tuition fees.

Have you been told by your college how much fees you owe...If it is 3000 then that means you are only liable for the student contribution and from what you said SUSI will pay 50% of that

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

ok thanks for that yep is €3045 owed

Advertisement