Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Burglar cut off artist's fingers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

I believe that the victim should be able to prosecute the judiciary/state in some fashion for negligence in protecting her as a citizen of the state, based on the fact that he was clearly a danger to society. All the judiciary understands is money, so if there is a chance that they may lose some watch the system tighten up fast.

Also a claim for loss of earnings for the rest of her life could be put on the waste of space who did this. (who will no doubt be on our streets again in another five or six years fitter, stronger and angrier). He should be made work in prison earning the going rate and every penny he earns goes to the victim, when he has paid off the debt (in this case when she retires) then and only then should his court appointed sentence begin.

We have allowed crime to take the upper hand in this country and sadly more draconian action needs to be taken now. However the judiciary and the legal profession itself has become a bloated gravy train (like our political system) and seems to exist merely to feed itself and not to do what most people believe it should. i.e protect the citizens of the state from harm and discourage criminality and anti social behaviour. I am no fan of the Gardai but I imagine that it must be disheartening for them to see what their hard work comes to when sentencing (the non dangerous easy part) takes over.

Its easy to say that our justice system is rubbish, it is not but it needs to wake up to the depth of public feeling and the suffering of its taxpaying lifeblood. I feel so sorry for the victim and the pointlessness of her injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

bluewolf wrote: »
    That's twisted :confused:
    Psych evaluation or otherwise, he needs to be locked up for a long time

A long time isn't going to prevent this monster from reoffending. He is either jailed for life (dies in custody) or treated before release. The duration of the sentence is irrelevant if he is not deemed to be no longer a danger to society.
    If it is decided he is untreatble then a mental facility is the only SANE thing the judicial system should place him.

I'd be surprised if this guy is ever released. He sounds like a villain from a horror film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I bear no animosity toward this clearly mentally ill man. The judicial system that released him after four years without rehabilitation is to be blamed.

Should society have to be burdened with the cost and risk of unproductive and downright hostile elements ?

I think we're too liberal by far when it comes to the law and it has destroyed society so badly that we can't trust one another due to fraud/theft/attack/violence etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

In that incident he broke into the home of a man and tied him up. When the man tried to escape he stabbed him repeatedly. The man escaped and then Kenny stabbed the man’s partner 10 times. He received a four-year sentence for that offence.

Who in their right mind would give 4 years for that??? Does anyone know who that judge was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

syklops wrote: »
    Who in their right mind would give 4 years for that??? Does anyone know who that judge was?

It should be 4 years for just breaking into the house, another 4 on top of that for holding them prisoner and at least 20 years for attempted murder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Ah sure aren't we a grand liberal little country?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I feel bad for the artist, that was her life and (possible) career which was taken away from her for what?..........absolutely nothing.

It really pisses me off when I hear of these vicious crimes and it turns out the perpetrator was a repeat offender from an equally sick past crime.

Utter bullshìt.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

He will obviously re-offend when out in a few years. Our judicial system seriously needs overhauling, scum like this should rot in prison.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

He'll likely get another daftly short sentence. Probably because of his "addiction issues and background". The usual BS in other words. BS because 99.999% of the people from wherever he's from aren't psychopathic scumbags who should be hug from the nearest gibbet.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Humans eh! wrote: »
    I believe that the victim should be able to prosecute the judiciary/state in some fashion for negligence in protecting her as a citizen of the state, based on the fact that he was clearly a danger to society. All the judiciary understands is money, so if there is a chance that they may lose some watch the system tighten up fast.

Also a claim for loss of earnings for the rest of her life could be put on the waste of space who did this. (who will no doubt be on our streets again in another five or six years fitter, stronger and angrier). He should be made work in prison earning the going rate and every penny he earns goes to the victim, when he has paid off the debt (in this case when she retires) then and only then should his court appointed sentence begin.

We have allowed crime to take the upper hand in this country and sadly more draconian action needs to be taken now. However the judiciary and the legal profession itself has become a bloated gravy train (like our political system) and seems to exist merely to feed itself and not to do what most people believe it should. i.e protect the citizens of the state from harm and discourage criminality and anti social behaviour. I am no fan of the Gardai but I imagine that it must be disheartening for them to see what their hard work comes to when sentencing (the non dangerous easy part) takes over.

Its easy to say that our justice system is rubbish, it is not but it needs to wake up to the depth of public feeling and the suffering of its taxpaying lifeblood. I feel so sorry for the victim and the pointlessness of her injuries.
    QFT a bloody good post.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I feel bad for the artist, that was her life and (possible) career which was taken away from her for what?..........absolutely nothing.

It really pisses me off when I hear of these vicious crimes and it turns out the perpetrator was a repeat offender from an equally sick past crime.

Utter bullshìt.

I agree. I'm not an artist, but I'm a musician, and if someone had done that to me my livelihood would be gone down the drain too. Her life has been changed so drastically, and because this man was not properly detained and/or rehabilitated after his first sick sick crime.

I don't even care what the government does about the economy - if they don't start making steps to fix the grave injustices of our sentencing system then they'll have failed in my eyes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Filthy,dirty,coawardly little bastard.
    Wes hould have a whip around to have him carved up when he gets to prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

fking scum of the earth..

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Air_Bass

Absolutely Right!
    There is not much chance of rehabilitating a depraved f**k like that.
    I for one would welcome the re-introduction of the death penalty in cases such as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Judge Tony Hunt adjourned sentencing until July 4th next to allow Kenny to be psychologically assessed in prison.

Psychologist: Yea, he's daft in the head and an utter scumbag. Lock him up permanently in the basesment, melt that key into a coin and let's go eat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

We really are some nation. How many times have we seen stuff like this happen?, how much longer can we sit back and do nothing?.

At what point do we collectively stand up and say, no more.

I've a rope that's good for a hanging...

...anyone else up for a good'ole lynch mob?

PS: bring yer own torches....

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I've a rope that's good for a hanging...

...anyone else up for a good'ole lynch mob?

PS: bring yer own torches....

Well, i was just saying. I didn't plan on actually doing anything about it. Some one else will probably do something eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Got talking to a garda one time when I was in court as a witness. The guy on trial had something like 45 convictions. The garda was saying that the judges are so far removed from normal society that they really don't know what it's like to be a 'normal' person, and the sentences they hand out are pathetic. The garda said it was incredibly frustrating as the same people would pop up in court on trial. The judiciary in this country are living in cloud-cuckoo land. I guess they're from the same ilk as a lot of the politicians. 'Our betters' as Martin Mansergh once described them. Absolute joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Now if we could just get him for an upaid TV licence fine....... then he'd go down for a long time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I hope a bus drives over his own finger.............when hi is picking his nose at the same time.

• Advertisement

Sure he probaly had a drug addiction, which means he can do that to any of us and get away with it. Desparate childhood and all that b*****

bastards, like him should be left like a vegetable. Slice his arms and legs off, cut out his tongue, puncture his eardrums, and blind him as well. So he cant move, touch anything see or hear anything. i'd leave him like a f****** pea.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Psychologist: Yea, he's daft in the head and an utter scumbag. Lock him up permanently in the basesment, melt that key into a coin and let's go eat.

The judge is the one needing a psych, if he cant see what the rest of us see.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

i live in the same apartment block (well obviously not anymore)as him!
    there is nothing really i can say. i was at his court appearance in a professional capacity.
    prison does not rehabilitate. it only makes it worse.
    i personally blame the people of ireland for their political correctness and bull****.
    its all well and good saying throw away the key but unfortunately in our society today the perp has more rights than the victim. the key will NEVER be thrown away!
    he served his time on remand. he probably won't get much more. :(

on a lighter note the girl got married a few months ago. i wish her and her new husband all the best x

this is a matter close to my heart as i knew kenny and the girl in question very well.

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Got talking to a garda one time when I was in court as a witness. The guy on trial had something like 45 convictions. The garda was saying that the judges are so far removed from normal society that they really don't know what it's like to be a 'normal' person, and the sentences they hand out are pathetic. The garda said it was incredibly frustrating as the same people would pop up in court on trial. The judiciary in this country are living in cloud-cuckoo land. I guess they're from the same ilk as a lot of the politicians. 'Our betters' as Martin Mansergh once described them. Absolute joke.

But aren't they bound by the constitution or something? A friend of mine studying law explained to me one time that they can't give harsher sentences because otherwise the criminal would appeal and they'd get off scot free. So clearly it's not a problem with the judges but rather the system they work within.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Aeronautical engineers have to sign a piece of paper after they have worked on an aircraft that it is fit to fly. If the plane crashes due to mechanical failure the engineer faces a long strech inside.

Its a pity they dont have that for Judges and/or Parole boards.

syklops wrote: »
    Aeronautical engineers have to sign a piece of paper after they have worked on an aircraft that it is fit to fly. If the plane crashes due to mechanical failure the engineer faces a long strech inside.

Its a pity they dont have that for Judges and/or Parole boards.
    wouldn't you think? unfortunately its all a play - its all drama. depends on how the judge feels on the day and how many backhanders he/she gets from the defense.
    its a disgrace. but i'm not surprised anymore. i saw too much to be surprised anymore.
    but after all we live in a human rights society. they have their human rights. oh if you could see their face once they tell their sob sorry to the judge with crocodile tears and all and then walk past the door and laugh and jeer in your face - its a totally different world.
    i used to show emotion - i have learned to not show emotion anymore. this is the way it is - i have accepted this.

But aren't they bound by the constitution or something? A friend of mine studying law explained to me one time that they can't give harsher sentences because otherwise the criminal would appeal and they'd get off scot free. So clearly it's not a problem with the judges but rather the system they work within.
    the other poster was right. your friend is only studying. practicality and theory are two different things altogether. i would advise your friend to delve into the real world and put down the books.

the other poster was right. your friend is only studying. practicality and theory are two different things altogether. i would advise your friend to delve into the real world and put down the books.

TBF she's only in 2nd year of a law course, so it's not like she has real world experience. :P

TBF she's only in 2nd year of a law course, so it's not like she has real world experience. :P
    yeah thats what i mean. no bother. it just annoys me when people have no life experience. and just preach from theory. :D

i feel quite strongly about this. this guy was a odd job man taken on by our management company. she let him in because she trusted him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭DailyBlaa

This is one issue where I wish Ireland was more like America. He would have never gotten the chance to commit this latest crime as he would have gotten a lot more than four years for his previous offence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement