Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can you return an item without a receipt?

• 25-04-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

I bought a heart rate monitor from Lidl last month, and its a piece of crap, not working properly, giving incorrect readings, too low and too high.
    I dont have the original packaging or the receipt(this is like the one receipt i DIDNT keep for the last 3 mths!!:mad: ), can i still return it?

They have a 28day refund policy, this Monday being day 28, whats your thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Why don't you ring Lidl and ask? They have a customer service number which opens for calls at 8am on Monday. Check their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I doubt you can without a receipt. You could have bought it last year for all they know. Worth a go though. If you bought it with laser or credit card, maybe bring a copy of your statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Unfortunately i paid cash for it, and 99 times out of 100 i user Laser. :rolleyes:

Aaarrrgghh, lost cause i think, i might try calling them and see what they say, but i wont hold out much hope.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

You can return an item once you have proof of purchase. So if you bought it using your credit card, maybe a credit card statement would do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Recce

The store is under no obligation to take an item back without a receipt or proof of purchase so its unlkely they will especially without packaging etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

If it's not fit for purpose, they have an obligation to repair/replace/refund the product.

The lack of receipt may be an issue, but less of an issue than if you just wished to return an item without any fault. If it's a Lidl only product, it may be easier to prove as you couldn't have got it elsewhere.

Lastly, if you have a laser/credit card statement to hand with the payment on it, that will help as proof of purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Unfortunately i paid cash for it, and 99 times out of 100 i user Laser. :rolleyes:

Aaarrrgghh, lost cause i think, i might try calling them and see what they say, but i wont hold out much hope.

Thanks

Yeah, you should try calling at least.

Your username is giving me a craving for cherry coke. Mmmm:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Not even Dunnes will do that. Exchanges/credit notes are often possible- ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

def worth a try.

I bought a product from them last year which broke within a couple of weeks. Like yourself, I normally keep every reciept (have a box of them) but I couldn't locate it.

I decided it was worth a try & guess what - no problem. The item had since dropped in price so they could only give me the reduced price, but I still knew it was more than they were obliged to & I was happy enough.

I would guess it was in my favour that they had just finished selling this item & it was clear that it had barely been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭superdog

Lidl are good for taking items back from their "specials". I've taken stuff back before without receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 alice Carr0oll

I purchased a drill from aldi last year Power craft91 44 serial no. 0800953C model no. pcd-2400/k. Its not working and I have lost my receipt is it possible to do anything about it without my receipt. As I am an old age pensioner it is difficult for me to purchase another. I thank you for your time, Alice Carroll

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Hi Alice, Call in to the Aldi Store and ask them. You will be sorry later if you don't at least ask them. If they say NO, its hard luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You can freephone Aldi customer service
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/information/all-about-aldi/contact-us/

There may be a manufacturer warranty.

Advertisement