Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

ok lads i need some help here :)
    my lil sis is in 4th year and has no idea where she wants to go on work exp :rolleyes: (4th year problems )
    anyways me and her are polar opposites and everything i suggest she turns down so.....
    where did ye go on work exp and did you like it etc :) ?

It all depends on her interests but I'll throw out a few ideas anyway:

Clothes shop, supermarket, restaurant, hairdressers, beautician, pet farm, horse-riding centre, swimming pool, cinema, newspaper, radio station, music shop, etc...

Most people I know who had to do work experience went back to their old national school for a week. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Enjoying bed so far :D

Fella rang the house like 3 times, ignored it the first two but thought it was important on the third ring so ran downstairs to pick up.

'Hello?'
    'Yeah is this plastic weldings?'
    'Ehm no?! This is a residential number?'
    'I must have the wrong number, sorry!'

Rang three times and hadn't a clue he was ringing a house. What an absolute...

vinyl-plank-flooring.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭checkcheek

hows the studying getting on for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

what is this study you speak of.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

:O Who do you know from Oughterard?? And nope, it was a loooooovely paper!
    0_o

You from Oughterard, Couer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Went in to do midterm study in school and it was LC's in one room and JC's in the other. I was on the way into the LC room and the supervisor said ''Sorry it's leaving cert only in this room, junior cert across the hall.''

Apparently I look about 15. That is just great :(:P

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I'm up and about working in my Aunts Solicitors Office.. Kept busy Shredding Paperwork and getting coffees.. :/ FML but still 60e a day is not too shabby for sitting on my hóle.. :D
    I'd honestly love to be doing that because I think I wanna go into law.. Swap!?
    Fella rang the house like 3 times, ignored it the first two but thought it was important on the third ring so ran downstairs to pick up.

'Hello?'
    'Yeah is this plastic weldings?'
    'Ehm no?! This is a residential number?'
    'I must have the wrong number, sorry!'

Rang three times and hadn't a clue he was ringing a house. What an absolute...
    Flipping hate when the phone rings in the mornings you're off school. Once I'm up I'm up! :(
    13spanner wrote: »
    Went in to do midterm study in school and it was LC's in one room and JC's in the other. I was on the way into the LC room and the supervisor said ''Sorry it's leaving cert only in this room, junior cert across the hall.''

Apparently I look about 15. That is just great :(:P
    Hahaha I've been bragging that I'm 18 every chance I get :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

58% in my oral, lordy lord

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Namlub wrote: »
    58% in my oral, lordy lord

:O i also got 58% in my oral, my teacher said i was all over the place :( :pac: ah well atleast it wasnt the real one right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

tbh all I studied were the sraith pictiurs and vocab for complicated stuff, then she told me the main thing I got wrong was basic tenses. I just panic :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭wispa9

ok lads i need some help here :)
    my lil sis is in 4th year and has no idea where she wants to go on work exp :rolleyes: (4th year problems )
    anyways me and her are polar opposites and everything i suggest she turns down so.....
    where did ye go on work exp and did you like it etc :) ?

I went to my old primary school. Bad idea, considering I have a very low tolerance for children. :pac: Some of the little ones were amusing though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

wispa9 wrote: »
    I went to my old primary school. Bad idea, considering I have a very low tolerance for children. :pac: Some of the little ones were amusing though. :p
    I worked in a Primary School and broke one of the ceiling lights in the classroom by playing football indoors with another lad working there :P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I worked in a Primary School and broke one of the ceiling lights in the classroom by playing football indoors with another lad working there :P:pac:

Then blamed it on the children?:p

Cian A wrote: »
    Then blamed it on the children?:p
    Haha no, we spent a half hour trying to keep it from falling down, and when we got it to (loosely) stay up, we left it at that and never said a word :D Bear in mind that the building was really rickety and the children always stomped round the place :D Could've feel down at any minute ha :pac:

**** happens in primary schools. :pac: I was outside at lunch supervising and some child came over to me and handed me an empty, broken flower pot. I had no idea what to do with it so I went into the staff room to try beat it into fitting in the bin with all the teachers looking at me. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Haha no, we spent a half hour trying to keep it from falling down, and when we got it to (loosely) stay up, we left it at that and never said a word :D Bear in mind that the building was really rickety and the children always stomped round the place :D Could've feel down at any minute ha :pac:

Ah, I see. So the light will soon fall down thus injuring one of the children. That'll learn 'em.

**** happens in primary schools. :pac: I was outside at lunch supervising and some child came over to me and handed me an empty, broken flower pot. I had no idea what to do with it so I went into the staff room to try beat it into fitting in the bin with all the teachers looking at me. Good times.
    Ha some girl from the Gaeltacht came all the way up to Dublin to do work experience in the school, and for some reason she was singing on the phone to her parents as gaeilge (:confused:), and the lad who was also working with us too opens a window, pops his head out, looks at her and shouts 'freak!' :pac:
    Seemed harsh, but I couldn't stop laughing ha :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

ha me three :) i loved it though :) ha except the children had to show me around because the school was all different since I was last there :o

Ha some girl from the Gaeltacht came all the way up to Dublin to do work experience in the school, and for some reason she was singing on the phone to her parents as gaeilge (:confused:), and the lad who was also working with us too opens a window, pops his head out, looks at her and shouts 'freak!' :pac:
    Seemed harsh, but I couldn't stop laughing ha :o

Oh god, I don't think anyone would blame you for laughing at that! :pac:

ha me three :) i loved it though :) ha except the children had to show me around because the school was all different since I was last there :o

Aw. :) Yeah kids can be cute. One little junior infant came over to me one day and started telling me all about his muscles. :pac: I wouldn't be able to stick teaching kids all day every day though! Are you interested in primary teaching? :)

• Advertisement

0_o

You from Oughterard, Couer?
    Glann Road, haha! Don't tell me you are? : o

Aw. :) Yeah kids can be cute. One little junior infant came over to me one day and started telling me all about his muscles. :pac: I wouldn't be able to stick teaching kids all day every day though! Are you interested in primary teaching? :)

ha well i was like making friends with the lil kids, because i am like a child myself :pac:
    yep i am , i always have been too :) i really would love to be a teacher, either primary or secondary :) i just think it would be so cool teaching small kids the basics , reading and writing and maths and stuff :) and secondary, well i'd love to teach maybe maths, economics or irish or something. I just think i could be a good teacher :) unfortunately i havent put teaching as my number 1, its like number 3 :o
    wbu ? what would you like to do ?

unfortunately i havent put teaching as my number 1, its like number 3 :o
    wbu ? what would you like to do ?

Aw what have you put as your first two? I have applied languages in UL as my first choice. No idea what career I want but I like languages so... :rolleyes:

Aw what have you put as your first two? I have applied languages in UL as my first choice. No idea what career I want but I like languages so... :rolleyes:

Actuarial maths are my first two , every so often i have my doubts whether i'm choosing the right thing :o
    oooh thats really cool :) i know a girl in my year who is think of doing that :) translator maybe ? :) i dunno, but thats what she's thinking anyways :)

Actuarial maths are my first two , every so often i have my doubts whether i'm choosing the right thing :o
    oooh thats really cool :) i know a girl in my year who is think of doing that :) translator maybe ? :) i dunno, but thats what she's thinking anyways :)

Just had to google actuarial maths to find out what it is. :pac:
    Yeah something along the lines of translating or interpreting I suppose. And I know how you feel! I keep changing my mind tbh but I've decided to just stick with that course. :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Glann Road, haha! Don't tell me you are? : o
    Nope, but I know a few out there! :p

All quite cuckoo tbh! >_>

Paul's then?

Just had to google actuarial maths to find out what it is. :pac:
    Yeah something along the lines of translating or interpreting I suppose. And I know how you feel! I keep changing my mind tbh but I've decided to just stick with that course. :o

dont worry everyone does that :pac: :) when i say that to friends, relatives they just have the confused look on their face and eventually ask what is that :pac:
    ha i have a feeling i'll be changing it in may/june , my parents keep trying to get me to put teaching as number 1 , they are worried bout me being an actuary and who can blame them so am i :pac: :eek:

Same here! Not doing AL in UL though, doing Arts in NUIG and gonna take French and German to degree level. Not a clue what career I want out of it though!
    Nope, but I know a few out there! :p

All quite cuckoo tbh! >_>

Paul's then?
    What are you talking about! :o Maybe you should visit some friends, I'm rather spicy in the sack ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I did work experience in a primary school too... I left it way too late and couldn't get anywhere I was actually interested in. My greatest concern while there was not stepping on the children, I had to remind myself that they're not like dogs and they won't move out of the way. :L I'd be a terrible primary teacher. They'd also come up to me and say things like "Namey Namington said I was stupid!!" and my reaction would be "oh...right. Well...you're not stupid, Namey made a mistake." I'd be so awful at educating the children when it comes to morals, because I just don't care what they say to each other. :L The ones I wouldn't crush to death would end up in prison. :L

• Advertisement

finality wrote: »
    I did work experience in a primary school too... I left it way too late and couldn't get anywhere I was actually interested in. My greatest concern while there was not stepping on the children, I had to remind myself that they're not like dogs and they won't move out of the way. :L I'd be a terrible primary teacher. They'd also come up to me and say things like "Namey Namington said I was stupid!!" and my reaction would be "oh...right. Well...you're not stupid, Namey made a mistake." I'd be so awful at educating the children when it comes to morals, because I just don't care what they say to each other. :L The ones I wouldn't crush to death would end up in prison. :L
    I got this too when I was working :P
    Best repsonse;
    'Really? Ahh here, I wouldn't take that' :p
    Next thing you know theres teachers in the yard frantically trying to pull one child off the other :p:o:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement