Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rising Irish MMA Fighters

Options
  • 17-04-2015 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

So, who in your view are the next batch of Irish MMA stars? Who is the next McGregor/Duffy/Holohan?

Post up any information you my have on Ireland's future UFC fighters!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Saipanne wrote: »
    So, who in your view are the next batch of Irish MMA stars? Who is the next McGregor/Duffy/Holohan?

Post up any information you my have on Ireland's future UFC fighters!

There's a really great amateur pool of talent in the country who I'll be excited to see make their pro debuts in the next 12 months and we have some solid pros aswell who aren't to far away from getting in the door.

I see severe mma are doing an amatur prospect list which I'm really looking forward to, the first guy on its a beast called valdrim...he's very exciting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I suppose I'd say James Gallagher. Don't know the chap personally. Seems cocky and talented though

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

We (SevereMMA) are doing a Irish MMA Amateur Prospect article series at the moment and started with Valdrim Lubishtani

It's on the website, posted yesterday, i would post the url but when i do post urls they usually get edited and removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

SevereMMA wrote: »
    We (SevereMMA) are doing a Irish MMA Amateur Prospect article series at the moment and started with Valdrim Lubishtani

It's on the website, posted yesterday, i would post the url but when i do post urls they usually get edited and removed

That's a shame, especially since I'm requesting such info!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I presume it's alright for me to post as I have no affiliation to the aforementioned?

http://severemma.com/2015/04/irish-mma-amateur-prospect-valdrim-lubishtani/

• Advertisement

Saipanne wrote: »
    That's a shame, especially since I'm requesting such info!

Yea its understandable though, you can't just let people post links because people will spam and post links to their sites everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

James Gallagher, Tommy Martin, Dylan Tuke, Richie Smullen would be my somewhat, ok totally and utterly, partisan picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm a little bit removed from the Irish scene. But I got a bit of training done at xmas when I was in dublin, and I was quite impressed with Dylan Tuke. So he'd be my sole pick for the future.
    I'm sure there are many others, I just haven't come across them yet.

We just posted another article, this time on James Gallagher

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Without knowing too much about the Irish scene, I do think James Gallagher has a bright future. Bit mad on the aul Twitter machine but a very talented fighter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuHLYDzxL3k

The aforementioned Dylan Tuke, fighting Aaron Maguire last night for the bantamweight ammy title at Battlezone.

Brilliant performance against a game and accomplished opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Richy06 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuHLYDzxL3k

The aforementioned Dylan Tuke, fighting Aaron Maguire last night for the bantamweight ammy title at Battlezone.

Brilliant performance against a game and accomplished opponent.

Dylan looked great, extremely relaxed and fluid. Was really impressed by Paul Lawrence and Darren o'gorman in their pro debuts as well

Advertisement