Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC Fight Night 73 - Glasgow - 18/07/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Definitely worth going regardless of who's fighting Sure it's practically next door.

Joanne Calderwood is a banker for it. Are there any other Scots on the roster?? Maybe a few Irish as well??

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Robert Whiteford should be on it also

I'd guess Norman Parke to as Northern Ireland is virtually next door

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Is whiteford still even in the UFC? Not heard diddly about him for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya I'm gonna try to go to this as well. Don't really care about the card itself but would expect someone like Tom Lawlor to jump on the chance to fight at it which would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

John_D80 wrote: »
    Definitely worth going regardless of who's fighting Sure it's practically next door.

Joanne Calderwood is a banker for it. Are there any other Scots on the roster?? Maybe a few Irish as well??

RE:JoJo surely is will prob be co-main Jessica Penne would maybe justify that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hi all,

Since the UFC have announced an event in Scotland, I thought it would be a good idea to set up a thread for discussion on same.

Like myself, I'm sure a lot of people will be planning on getting to this, so I'll kick off the thread with a questions regarding ticketing. This will be (hopefully) my first UFC event, but I have no idea of the ticketing process? I read somewhere that people have already pre-registered for tickets on Fight Pass, is this what I need to do to ensure I'll pick one up? I still have the use of my free trial if that helps.

It would be a disaster to book flights and accommodation (which I want to do as soon as I can) but miss out on a ticket so better to be safe than sorry!

Thanks all.

EDIT - apologies I just noticed the other thread. If a mod could merge my post into that thread please. :)

Calderwood speaking on the MMA hour pretty soon

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

I think the 3000 people only signed up to the venues mailing list so they will get informed when tickets go on sale

I'd be confident if you were a fight club member of getting tickets in the pre sale

I think the 3000 people only signed up to the venues mailing list so they will get informed when tickets go on sale

I'd be confident if you were a fight club member of getting tickets in the pre sale

So would I, wouldn't chance general sale esp since no London card took place.

Ariel suggested on the MMA hour the UFC may be planning a title fight for JoJo, She doesn't want to be inactive for 7 months but would do as they ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

So would I, wouldn't chance general sale esp since no London card took place.

Ariel suggested on the MMA hour the UFC may be planning a title fight for JoJo, She doesn't want to be inactive for 7 months but would do as they ask.

Off topic, but Cormier is giving a fantastic interview on it now.

I don't see how anyone can not love the guy, really felt bad for him after the Jones fight

• Advertisement

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Off topic, but Cormier is giving a fantastic interview on it now.

I don't see how anyone can not love the guy, really felt bad for him after the Jones fight

Agreed great interview, does a great job breaking down of fights on Fox too.

Thanks lads. Looks like I'll sign up to Fight Club to avoid disappointment.

On a similar note, how soon do tickets generally go on sale before the event for both Fight Club and general sale? I see on the Fight Club website that pre-sale tickets for Bigfoot vs Mir haven't even gone on sale yet with the event only just over 3 weeks away, yet the UFC 184 and 185 has been and gone.

You can get return tickets to DUB->GLA for less than €50 on Ryanair at present by the way. Excellent value.

Paully D wrote: »
    Thanks lads. Looks like I'll sign up to Fight Club to avoid disappointment.

On a similar note, how soon do tickets generally go on sale before the event for both Fight Club and general sale? I see on the Fight Club website that pre-sale tickets for Bigfoot vs Mir haven't even gone on sale yet with the event only just over 3 weeks away, yet the UFC 184 and 185 has been and gone.

You can get return tickets to DUB->GLA for less than €50 on Ryanair at present by the way. Excellent value.

Depending on where fight is taking place/what sort of event it is would dictate when they go on sale.

Last year for Dublin after it was announced well it was announced as Mcgregor v Miller it took ages for tickets to go on sale you knew he was fighting Brandao before tickets went on sale in June with event in July. Tickets went on-sale in conjunction with Ticketmaster to FC members the Wed, Newsletter Thurs,with general sale on Friday.

Also the weigh-ins will prob be ticket based aswell they are free but are not included with actual event ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

This is a Fox Sports card so fight card will be decent. In the new SSE Hydro. 13,000+ capacity so should be good.

ciano316 wrote: »
    This is a Fox Sports card so fight card will be decent. In the new SSE Hydro. 13,000+ capacity so should be good.

Where did you here it's on Fox? If thats the case will it be like Sweden as in card finishing 2.30/3 our time?

Where did you here it's on Fox? If thats the case will it be like Sweden as in card finishing 2.30/3 our time?

http://talkingbrawlsmma.com/exclusive-glasgow-earns-showcase-fox-sports-ufc-event-exclusive-interview-with-ufc-emea-senior-vice-president-david-allen/

Should be a great card.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

My money would be on Bisping to headline if he's not booked in yet.

That_Guy wrote: »
    My money would be on Bisping to headline if he's not booked in yet.

Doubt it now that it's a Fox card wouldn't rule him out being there though, he hasn't actually fought in the U.K. since UFC120 :eek::eek::eek:.

He is supposed to be fighting CB Dollaway at UFC186 end of April (not sure if this is confirmed) but I'd imagine the UFC would have plans well underway for July (The Poland event would have passed too so those taking care of the European side would have turned their attentions to this event).

Tickets on sale May 27th (Fight Club and Sun + members) and May 29th (general) for this lads!

http://www.ufc.com/news/tickets-on-sale-may-29-glasgow
    UFC® today confirmed tickets to the highly anticipated UFC® FIGHT NIGHT GLASGOW will go on sale to the general public on Friday, May 29.

UFC FIGHT NIGHT GLASGOW, which will take place on Saturday, July 18 at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow, will be the first UFC event ever to take place in Scotland.

Following widespread demand from mixed martial arts fans for an event in Scotland, together with the overwhelming success of recent UFC events in nearby European regions including London and Dublin, the decision was made that a live event would this year be hosted in Scotland.

Subsequent to the announcement of the event, which was made back in January by UFC, thousands of fans registered their interest online. As a result, tickets for the event are expected to sell out incredibly quickly.

There are currently three Scottish fighters signed to UFC: fan-favourite and No.8 ranked women’s strawweight Joanne “Jojo” Calderwood (9-1-0, fighting out of Glasgow, Scotland), lightweight Stevie “Braveheart” Ray (17-5-0, fighting out of Fife, Scotland) - who just weeks ago secured a KO win in his debut UFC fight in Poland - and exciting featherweight Robert “The Hammer” Whiteford (11-2-0, fighting out of Glasgow, Scotland). All three fighters have made no secret of their desire to step inside the Octagon at the UFC’s debut event in their home country.

Tickets will go on general sale on Friday, May 29 and 10:00 BST. UFC Fight Club® members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets ahead of the crowd on Wednesday, May 27 at 10.00 BST via www.ufcfightclub.com, while Sun+ members will also have an early opportunity to secure tickets on Wednesday, May 27 from 12:00 BST. Visit thesun.co.uk/sunufc to join Sun+.

Sun+ actually offer a free trial and allow you to cancel at any time too. Looks a much cheaper route for those without Fight Club to go down, though I wonder if they will have all that many tickets available for those?

Anyone else thinking of heading over? Can get flights for €20 return. Decent headliner and i'll probably go. Bisping v Machida to main possibly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Anyone else thinking of heading over? Can get flights for €20 return. Decent headliner and i'll probably go. Bisping v Machida to main possibly?

Where are those flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

dulux99 wrote: »
    Where are those flights?

Ryanair. Just booked 3 of us there. 20e flights is brilliant

ciano316 wrote: »
    Ryanair. Just booked 3 of us there. 20e flights is brilliant

The train ticket to get to the airport will cost more for me!

Few more fights have been added to the card:

Robert Whiteford vs Paul Redmond
    Leon Edwards vs Pawel Pawlak
    Ilir Latif v Hans Stringer

Initial ticket prices released, starting at £56-£168. No other information on prices at present (or if there is, I can't find it). Certainly not cheap starting at that price point anyway!

Doors open at 6:30pm.

There has to be main event information over the weekend, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,187 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Typical.

Those prices are considerably higher than the Berlin card afaik, which has a title fight.

Guys do ye think this will sell out straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,187 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Guys do ye think this will sell out straight away?

Despite the card, yes.

Big annoucement on BT's fighting talk, Probably the main. Its on now.

• Advertisement

Show hasn't said it yet but according to twitter its Bisping v Thales Leites

Advertisement