Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Learners Permit

• 27-08-2011 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi

After I complete my theory test and pass (hopefully) I will receive my learners permit once I've applied for it. Can i get insured straight away or do I have to get 12 lessons before I can start driving? OR if I get 12 lessons can I apply for the full test once I've them completed or do i have to wait 2 years?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Also, you don't need to have any insurance to do lessons (the instructor's insurance will cover you), so you can have 5/6 lessons or so before you get insured on a car if you want, as insurance can be quite expensive, especially if you are a young male.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dandii

k perfect thanks!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Roaning

Just so you know you have to wait 6 months from the issue of your first provisional before you can sit the test for the full licence. You can book whenever, you just have to sit the test after the 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement