Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car Lights

• 01-12-2006 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi,

Is it just me or does it seem like approx. 1 in 3 or 4 cars has a problem with their headlights. I see an awful lot of cars with either one headlight not working at all (which makes them seem like motorbikes when on an unlit road) or both headlights working but one appears to be on full beam so almost blinding you.

Out of habit I do a visual check of my lights twice a week.
    My car actually makes a continous buzzing noise if one of my bulbs has blown.

Is this problem not apparent to the people who have it?

Maybe I'm moaning unnecessarily :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

As you said, its a habit for you.
    If its not obvious to most people then they dont think of it.

Though you'd think people would notice only having 1 headlight working. :rolleyes:

Only last week I had to replace 2 bulbs on my rear lights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Funny that with the NCT and most people actually getting their cars serviced nowadays, this problem persists.

I have to drive home on very narrow back roads and when I see a single headlight coming for me, I always assume its a car until proved otherwise. This way, I get to keep my right hand wing mirror by keeping as far to the left as possible. Otherwise, if I thought it was just a bike, I'd get hammered by the eejit driving the car with the one headlight.

Advertisement