Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Palestine Solidarity Campaign

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

A PA country would be as messed up as Libya Syria Iran etc etc
    Do we really need another terrorist state controlled by Hamas and their suicide bombers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

A PA country would be as messed up as Libya Syria Iran etc etc
    Do we really need another terrorist state controlled by Hamas and their suicide bombers.

Would it be any worse than the terrorist state next door controlled by extreme religious nutjobs like Netanyahu, who believe they have a right to bulldoze people's homes and throw them out on the street because an ancient book tells them they rightfully own the land those people are living on?

I'd argue that it would be a lot less dangerous actually, since it wouldn't have millions of dollars in weapons money poured into it annually by the "freedom loving" United States of America...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Irish Palestine Solidarity Movement: Useful Idiots (for Islamist Arabs states).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

By not going they are taking a position on the issue...... Should have just went.

Either way bar the temporary internet ruckus and the tiny nothing of people who really care about some far away countries that aren't emigration destinations, the show goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I'd argue that it would be a lot less dangerous actually, since it wouldn't have millions of dollars in weapons money poured into it annually by the "freedom loving" United States of America...

And don't forget their latest gift of some German submarines. What chance do the kids with rocks stand now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The last time I checked, Freedom of Speech, Freedom to Dissent and Freedom to Protest were wholeheartedly democratic ideals.
    Ironic, as there seems to be quite an undertone in this thread suggesting that this protest shouldn't have been allowed, or that the social media campaign was doing something wrong by speaking freely.

Now have a go again, who exactly is anti-democracy...?

These people use fear and intimidation to enforce their ideals. The only democracy that these extremist left wing groups will accept is their own brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

richard hillman- what a load of nonsense. are you referring to the palestinian lobby or people in general who have 'left' leanings ?
    how do they use fear ?
    there has also been a lot of annoying commentary about pro palestinian supportersturning a blind eye to other human rights campaigns. the suggestion here is that you have no right to support one human rights campaign unless you support every human rights campaign in the world.......this is just not possible. however it is a view that suits the majority of people, especially here because then they can turn a blind eye to all injustice in the world.
    i applaud any artist who refuses to endorse the ethnic cleansing carried out by the israelis against the palestinian people. it is an area i have visited and worked in. the 'state' of israel is not and was never based on democracy or justice.i don't think dervish fall into this category, i'd say it was poor ticket sales
    i personally refuse to buy israeli products as i see boycott as a powerful form of protest.
    i cant possibly protest against every violation of human rights but i have every right to protest against the documented and outrageous violation of human rights of the palestinian people.
    some people on this thread make me sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

These people use fear and intimidation to enforce their ideals. The only democracy that these extremist left wing groups will accept is their own brand.

I think you're missing the point of democracy. As long as they're not breaking the law (and if they are, links please) it's just people expressing a different opinion to yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭shancoduff

:D

Jeremy Usborne: [about politicians] They should be more honest. I mean, at least Tony Adams from the IRA, he's like, "Yeah, I shoot people. I like shooting people." You know, if they were more honest, then maybe people would vote and not switch straight over when the news comes on.
    Johnson: You turn over when the news comes on?
    Jeremy Usborne: No, no. No, sometimes... maybe for a treat but generally it's great, isn't it? Who do you support? Mark likes Israel, I'm Palestine. Makes it more interesting when you a pick a... No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Pedant wrote: »
    Irish Palestine Solidarity Movement: Useful Idiots (for Islamist Arabs states).

Possibly the most insightful post we've had on the subject since somebody typed 'Fuck Israel'. I may rethink my entire position on the matter.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    Possibly the most insightful post we've had on the subject since somebody typed 'Fuck Israel'. I may rethink my entire position on the matter.

The IPSM inadvertently collude with Hamas terrorists who'd gladly instill Sharia Law if they got their way. IPSM and the like are useful idiots for the Islamist cause.

how dare any talk about hamas terrorists and totally ignore the violent ethnic cleansing the israeli regime engage in everyday, and the violation of human rights at every level, all documented. disgusting and ignorant comments.

hungrypig wrote: »
    how dare any talk about hamas terrorists and totally ignore the violent ethnic cleansing the israeli regime engage in everyday, and the violation of human rights at every level, all documented. disgusting and ignorant comments.

How dare anyone talk about Israeli policies and totally ignore Hamas, a group who are bent on wiping Israel of the face of the map and collude with the like of Syria and Iran who are guilty of far far far far greater violations of human rights. Disgusting and ignorant comment, hungrypig. You are a typical example of the leftist human shield used by the Islamist regimes to enhance their ultimate goals. Israel is an easy target for you, you're afraid to tackle the wider and more serious issues in the region. If Israel wasn't allowed to defend itself, the Arab states would invade and commit a second holocaust against the Jewish people - their goals are no secret.

The IPSM inadvertently collude with Hamas terrorists.

You realise that Hamas are a minority group only in power in Gaza? The settlements and occupation are actually in Arab East Jerusalem, the West Bank, Golan etc which are nominally run by Fatah/PLO.
    You are a typical example of the leftist human shield used by the Islamist regimes to enhance their ultimate goals...... .

"Islamist regimes"? There is no Palestinian state, or overall authority. There is only one theocracy in the middle east, and its of the minority sect. Syria isn't an "Islamist" regime, its a largely secular dictatorship.
    If Israel wasn't allowed to defend itself, ......

Nowhere do the IPSC state that Israel should be prevented from doing so. The campaign is for end of the occupation and the settlements and the welfare of the Palestinian people. The worst offences here are all carried out by Israel illegally outside its internationally recognised borders.

pedant, i am not 'used' by anyone and base my opinions on my widespread travel throughout the middle east. you ignorantly paint all arabs with the one brush.israel are in no way an easy target and are supported by the most poweful and corrupt lobby in the world via the jewish lobby in the states .your talk of a second holocaust is pathetic given the israelis efforts to erradicate the palestinians from their homeland.

pedant, i am not 'used' by anyone and base my opinions on my widespread travel throughout the middle east. you ignorantly paint all arabs with the one brush.israel are in no way an easy target and are supported by the most poweful and corrupt lobby in the world via the jewish lobby in the states .your talk of a second holocaust is pathetic given the israelis efforts to erradicate the palestinians from their homeland.

I'm not painting all Arab people with the same brush, merely all Arab regimes.

pedant, you have clearly painted all arab people with the one brush and i suspect have little or possibly no experience of them. i have met people like you before , racist. you probably think all asians are the same, all africans.
    people like you constantly use the horror of the hollocaust to excuse the widespread abuse, murder and torture of the palestinian people who were forcibly removed from their homes and denied the most basic of human rights.

pedant, you have clearly painted all arab people with the one brush and i suspect have little or possibly no experience of them. i have met people like you before , racist. you probably think all asians are the same, all africans.

Calling me a racist now? Lovely. It would suit you well to stick to fact rather than settling for ad hominem attacks. I did not say all Arabs were like this. There seems to be a culture of antisemitism that wishes to annihilate Israel. That is racism.
    people like you constantly use the horror of the hollocaust to excuse the widespread abuse, murder and torture of the palestinian people who were forcibly removed from their homes and denied the most basic of human rights.

And people like you turn a blind eye to the dealings of Hamas.

I'm not painting all Arab people with the same brush, merely all Arab regimes.

....which aren't actually all "Islamist". For somebody with stong feelings on the issue, you don't seem too well informed of the facts.

whats wrong pedant, not happy that your biggoted views were exposed. everyone can see from your posts that you believe all arab nations would commit another hollocaust, this is a racist statement and i reiterate that i firmly believe you have no experience of any arab nation.
    anyway we are clearly never going to agree on this issue and you are clearly going to keep trying to convince yourself and others that there is nothing wrong with the ethnic cleansing and daily abuse of human rights being carried out by the israeli state on the palestinian people who have been robbed of everything.

• Advertisement

....which aren't actually all "Islamist". For somebody with stong feelings on the issue, you don't seem too well informed of the facts.

Yes some are dictatorships, just as bad. What's your point? They're still anti-Israel and fund terrorist campaigns against it.

Yes some are dictatorships, just as bad. What's your point?.

.....that you aren't very coherent in your objections to the IPSC and the pro-palestinian camp generally. That you seem to make rather wild statements - hysterical in tone - that have very little basis in fact.
    They're still anti-Israel and fund terrorist campaigns against it.

All of them? This comes as news to me. What grouping does Jordan fund, for instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

.....that you aren't very coherent in your objections to the IPSC and the pro-palestinian camp generally. That you seem to make rather wild statements - hysterical in tone - that have very little basis in fact.

All of them? This comes as news to me. What grouping does Jordan fund, for instance?

jordan is so afraid of israel and hamas......it shuts up.......but giving a chance.....the people of jordan would be happ to push the israeli's into the sea......and quite rightly so......

jordan is so afraid of israel and hamas......it shuts up.........

Given that Hamas is a Shia organisation and that Jordan is around 90% Sunni, I doubt its too bothered.
    ....but giving a chance.....the people of jordan would be happ to push the israeli's into the sea......and quite rightly so......

I've no idea, however I fail to see how answering a wrong with another wrong would either get anyone anywhere, or be justifiable, regardless of the result.

Given that Hamas is a Shia organisation and that Jordan is around 90% Sunni, I doubt its too bothered.

I've no idea, however I fail to see how answering a wrong with another wrong would either get anyone anywhere, or be justifiable, regardless of the result.

justification.....is not part of this world........the strongest hold the keys......

justification.....is not part of this world........the strongest hold the keys......

The whole "might makes right" nonsense bears a great deal of blame for many problems in the world. I see no reason to give it respectability.

The whole "might makes right" nonsense bears a great deal of blame for many problems in the world. I see no reason to give it respectability.

nor do i....but i am a realist.......

people want land.....nobody will stop them wanting.....the strong can stop them getting.......

it is only the weak that lose.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

jordan is so afraid of israel and hamas......it shuts up.......but giving a chance.....the people of jordan would be happ to push the israeli's into the sea......and quite rightly so......
    What do mean "and quite rightly so", are you calling for the destruction of the state of Israel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

lividduck wrote: »
    What do mean "and quite rightly so", are you calling for the destruction of the state of Israel?

Nothing wrong with wanting the "state" of Israel to be destroyed. I don't think that will be possible now since their is such strong anti-islamic feeling on one side and pro-islamic on the other. This is why their is such a big push for the return to 1967 borders as a compromise. Ideally I would like to see a free and open Palestine that Palestinian Jews could call home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Nothing wrong with wanting the "state" of Israel to be destroyed. I don't think that will be possible now since their is such strong anti-islamic feeling on one side and pro-islamic on the other. This is why their is such a big push for the return to 1967 borders as a compromise. Ideally I would like to see a free and open Palestine that Palestinian Jews could call home.
    WTF is a Palestinian Jew, other than an insulting term for an Israeli?

Advertisement