Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Michael Bay's....Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Galvasean wrote: »
    We've all had that moment when we first found out that our best friend prefers The Monkees to The Beatles, that our significant other believes wrestling is real....

:mad::mad::mad:
    358vwi.jpg

In other news - this movie is gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That sounds fantastic. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jaysus i can just see the turtle fansboys collapsing in despair !

:D

be careful batman fans, YOU could be next !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Mickeroo wrote: »

This site used to have the first issue up in digital format but has been removed since I last read it, about 2 years ago. Unfortunate, it was a great read!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Mickeroo wrote: »

No pizza, no surfer talk, no purple masks.... harumph!

How did that CG Turtles movie reboot that came out a few years ago do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

It was passable, but not great.

Turtles Forever on the other hand? MASTERPIECE! It has the recent turtles (cartoon from the 2000s), the classic turtles (the 80s cartoon) and even the
    original (dark) comic turtles
    all in one movie! I dont know why they are doing a new movie, as it will not be better than this.

Trailer does not do it justice.

You mean TMNT? It was actually a sequel, set after the (awful) feudal Japan instalment. It did really well iirc. Was a great flick actually. I saw it in the cinema and was glad I did. The rivalry between Raphael and Leonardo was awesome as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

He's just producing. Jonathon Leibsman (Battle LA) is directing. I think. Either way God help us all

But what about the writing talent?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

This is aload of bollocks .......that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Stormageddon

It was passable, but not great.

Turtles Forever on the other hand? MASTERPIECE! It has the recent turtles (cartoon from the 2000s), the classic turtles (the 80s cartoon) and even the
    original (dark) comic turtles
    all in one movie! I dont know why they are doing a new movie, as it will not be better than this.

Trailer does not do it justice.

:eek: How have I not seen this before? (or remember seeing it - my memory is really terrible) Must investigate.....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

:eek: How have I not seen this before? (or remember seeing it - my memory is really terrible) Must investigate.....

Its actually brilliant. Gave me the many happehs!
    Especially when youre reminded of how different each era is :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

The only thing that has amused me about this whole debacle

cad-20120323-003b8.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

CAD are just not as funny as they used to be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Don't worry, Penny Arcade will have a good comic about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Tallon wrote: »
    Teenage Alien Hero Turtles

Doesn't have the same ring to it!

This is how a lot of websites have complained about the change - if they are aliens then they can't be mutants. However the problem is not how can they be mutants if they are aliens (you can have mutant aliens) its how the hell can they be turtles if they are aliens? The name will have to be Teenage Mutant Ninja Aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Its just gonna be called Ninja Turtles apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

everything i read and hear about this makes me just ache inside at bay. I didn't care what he did to transformers and could live with it but i love the turtles and his comments suggest his influence will ruin it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Please film Gods dont let Michael Bay ruin the turtles, I have the original trilogy on dvd and at least once a year ill have a turtles day for nostalgia, the first two films in my opinion are still decent enough third one not so much but still always watch it. Ive even been giving some serious consideration of getting a Turtles Tattoo lately, so Mr Bay dont **** this up, with alien origins sounds like hes already on a slippery slope even with one of the original writers on board doesnt guarantee this wont be a srew up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

It was terrible,
    at one point after Leonardo and Raphael fight on a rooftop, and which before there was a very poor take off of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly's showdown at first Leonardo defeats Raphael to which he says as Raphael goes flying through the air and lands in a heap and I quote, 'Goodnight sweet prince'.
    :rolleyes:

The dialogue and the whole thing was absolutely dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

^

Another good link on that same page.

If classic movies were re-made by Michael Bay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Looks like this is off the cards for a while at least Paramount shuts down "Ninja Turtles" production

Awesome news.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I wonder are paramount in trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I wonder are paramount in trouble?

G.I. Joe 2 delayed for 3D conversion. World War Z delayed for 7 weeks of reshoots.

Yeah, not a good time for Paramount so far this year. Madagascar 3 may help them though.

Awesome news.

I dont know initially when I heard they were doing a re make I was all aginast it, but when I got more used to it was kinda curious to see what theyd do with the serious, for me having grown up on the turtles and still owning the original three films on dvd itd would be nice to see them back on the big screen.

I dont know initially when I heard they were doing a re make I was all aginast it, but when I got more used to it was kinda curious to see what theyd do with the serious, for me having grown up on the turtles and still owning the original three films on dvd itd would be nice to see them back on the big screen.

They were back on the big screen 5 years ago with TMNT. I'm all for a reboot/sequel/whatever but I'd really prefer Michael Bay have nothing to do with it and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and not Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles. I would also like Nathan Fillion to voice Donatello.

• Advertisement

They were back on the big screen 5 years ago with TMNT. I'm all for a reboot/sequel/whatever but I'd really prefer Michael Bay have nothing to do with it and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and not Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles. I would also like Nathan Fillion to voice Donatello.

Ah yeh I do remember the animated version of a few years ago not great by any stretch. As for your other points made I concur on all of them after seen Michael Bay destroy Trnasformers and reading the aliens part cant argue with you. But hopefully it is revived at some stage just staying closer to its original roots and with Michael Bay shown the door.

Advertisement