Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Bay's....Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Bay sh*tting on another beloved franchise...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

He says theyre working with 1 of the creators. Anyone know if its Eastman or Laird? Havent heard about either being involved

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I am not happy about this, not happy about this at all!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As much as I despise Michael Bay, the truth is it can only be better than that crappy second sequel where they went to feudal Japan for some bizarre reason...

Have you ever seen so many dodgy 90s pop culture references in one trailer?

As much as my childhood memories are filled with Turtle related nostalgia, it definitely isn't a grade A franchise in anything other than nostalgic terms.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but I have good memories of the first film which I recall being quite dark. I must watch it again and see how it holds up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but I have good memories of the first film which I recall being quite dark. I must watch it again and see how it holds up.

I have it on dvd, it is what it is, and it does actually hold up despite some crappy 90s fashion and overuse of the surfer speak by the turtles, but the fight scenes are still quite good and some of the banter is funny, and the dynamic between Leonardo and Raphael is well done. wasnt it one of the most successful independent movies ever? remember reading that somewhere. The original comics were dark as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Rist added, "I know believing in mutated talking turtles is kinda silly to begin with but am I supposed to be led to believe there are ninjas from another planet? The rape of our childhood memories continues ... "

It does indeed. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

At least with Michael Bay we're guaranteed a few explosions...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

As much as I despise Michael Bay, the truth is it can only be better than that crappy second sequel where they went to feudal Japan

I'm sure Bay can prove you wrong on that.

Chavways wrote: »
    At least with Michael Bay we're guaranteed a few explosions...;)

and turtles standing up in slow motion.

with a panning shot.

and a sunset.

• Advertisement

concept art?

teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_by_nebezial.jpg

Doubt it. That pictures being going around a while

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

With Shia LeBouf as April :pac:

pretty cool though, I like how they're not all identical looking and have their own physical attributes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

krudler wrote: »
    concept art?

teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_by_nebezial.jpg[IMG][/img]

This is a few good representations of the characters in the Alternate Art thread in the CV&P&L forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77066910#post77066910

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Sindri wrote: »
    This is a few good representations of the characters in the Alternate Art thread in the CV&P&L forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77066910#post77066910

April is looking good as usual. :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

He's just producing. Jonathon Leibsman (Battle LA) is directing. I think. Either way God help us all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Y'know what. I've decided. If this is gonna happen, then I'm not even gonna bitch about it. I hate Michael Bay. I can't imagine he'll do a good job of it. But I'm not gonna bitch. Cos I'm defo gonna go see it. Cos, Michael Bay or not.... the turtles are fucking awesome. So here's hoping.

He's just producing. Jonathon Leibsman (Battle LA) is directing. I think. Either way God help us all

Battle LA had a rake of potential, excellent trailer, cool concept (its Black Hawk Down with aliens) and some decent effects work, just a crappy script and some ideas that werent realised fully (the aliens not being mindless drones and using tactics in battle) made it fall flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

woke up this morning to hear that the TMNT are going to be aliens ? WTF Bay They are Mutants its in the Damn title , how you manage to screw that up is beyond me

• Advertisement

Y'know what. I've decided. If this is gonna happen, then I'm not even gonna bitch about it. I hate Michael Bay. I can't imagine he'll do a good job of it. But I'm not gonna bitch. Cos I'm defo gonna go see it. Cos, Michael Bay or not.... the turtles are fucking awesome. So here's hoping.

And we can always rest easy on the fact, that even if it hits Dark of the Moon levels, it still wont be the worst thing the turtles have ever been a part of.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yeah, that always cracks me up. "Topher Grace is Venom!? I'm boycotting Spider-Man 3!!"

STFU pal, we all know you'll be at the midnight showing on the day of its release.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hope they go closer to the comics than the animated series with this one. They won't though.

As said above I'm still going to watch this for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Teenage Alien Hero Turtles

Doesn't have the same ring to it!

A load of TAHT...

May wanna rethink the renaming!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Go ninja go ninja go, go ninja go ninja go, go go go go, go ninja go ninja go.

I watched Turtles 2 so much as a kid I knew that entire thing by heart :o

heh

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hope they go closer to the comics than the animated series with this one. They won't though.

No way in hell. the original comic was WAY too dark.
    http://www.cracked.com/article_18906_7-shockingly-dark-origins-lovable-childrens-characters.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

He says theyre working with 1 of the creators. Anyone know if its Eastman or Laird? Havent heard about either being involved

Taken from thedailywhat

"Although Bay didn’t specify which Turtles creator was involved, it’s most likely Kevin Eastman. Peter Laird has said that he has nothing to do with any of Nickelodeon’s new Turtles projects, and Eastman has apparently seen the script for the new film.

Whether that means Eastman approves of this new “aliens” origin story remains to be seen."

not exactly a confirmation but interesting nonetheless.

Advertisement