Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Why haven't I started JoJo's Bizarre Adventure sooner? It's awesome! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Currently watching In Search of the Lost Future. It's very odd. Starts out as a simple SOL show, then boom, there's time travel, ghosts, aliens, and mysterious devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

mrkite77 wrote: »
    Currently watching In Search of the Lost Future. It's very odd. Starts out as a simple SOL show, then boom, there's time travel, ghosts, aliens, and mysterious devices.

Have to check that one then XD

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was watching freezing but stopped midway through 2nd season as I got bored so now I'm watching magi.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

And i'm still reading Skip Beat... it would have been nice if they made more seasons out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I'm at ep 20 of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I had already watched FMA and TBH I was hoping FMAB would be much different and more adult, but the storyline isn't all that different and there's no end of jokey bits.
    Resreving judgement until the end, but I won't be voting it best series ever like many have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I'm at ep 20 of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I had already watched FMA and TBH I was hoping FMAB would be much different and more adult, but the storyline isn't all that different and there's no end of jokey bits.
    Resreving judgement until the end, but I won't be voting it best series ever like many have.

The thing is, the first adaptation of Fullmetal Alchemist was made while the manga was still being written, so it got to a certain point where they basically had to make up their own plot for the rest of the show. If you've already watched the original FMA, then you're going to find the earlier episodes a bit boring because they cover the same plot, and to be quite honest FMA:B kinda rushed through those episodes. But on the whole, the plot is quite different indeed, and it's generally considered top-tier anime because it's a faithful adaptation that has an amazingly cohesive plot and a fantastic ending.

A lot of people would say that the first FMA actually did a better job with the earlier episodes (and was a bit darker too), until the point where it just became fanfiction, but that on the whole FMA:B is the better show. Stick with it, and you'll get why it's so highly regarded. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I thought fmab was far far superior to the original series too.

Onto season 2 of magi, really enjoyed season 1, season 2 is subbed though :/.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I thought fmab was far far superior to the original series too.

Onto season 2 of magi, really enjoyed season 1, season 2 is subbed though :/.

I agree, except for the rush job on the start and the pointless filler episode that opened the series. They ended up skipping the
    Youswell coalmine
    because of it, which is semi important as it introduces a character that turns up again later whose motives are kind of lost without it.

I agree, except for the rush job on the start and the pointless filler episode that opened the series. They ended up skipping the
    Youswell coalmine
    because of it, which is semi important as it introduces a character that turns up again later whose motives are kind of lost without it.

They did a flashback scene for that, but yeah, not quite the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hmm i have no idea which FMA I watched, time to find out. Same as when i realised I hadnt seen hellsing ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭IHeartYuki

So I watched Zero No Tsukaima last week. Really enjoyed it so then I finished Zero No Tsukaima: Futatsuki No Kishi and laughed through that. I'm halfway through Zero No Tsukaima: Princess No Rondo now and I'm liking that too although there seems to be less plot this season. I don't know why I put this off but if you haven't seen it and like a laugh with your Fantasy stories I recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭golodge

Currently I watch Psychic detective Yakumo, Noragami, Accel world and finished Kuro****suji: Book of Circus.

Watching A Certain Magic Index

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ShawC5

Anyone remember Rainbow Brite? :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Starting soul eater, maybe a bit more log horizon to give it another try.

Starting soul eater, maybe a bit more log horizon to give it another try.

Ahhh soul eater, I loved that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭IHeartYuki

Just started Kamisama Hajimema****a Series 2 today. It's still making me smile, especially the "Ojisan-Obasan-Ojisan" (guy-lady-guy) Wind God.

The new anime season looks pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to the following shows:

Aldnoah Zero Season 2
    Ansatsu Kyou****su
    Dog Days Season 3
    Durarara!!x2 Shou
    Tokyo Ghoul V-R

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mathrew

My brother used to watch Hunter x hunter and fairytail, I think those are awesome anime.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

Trying to catch up on Jojo's Bizzare Adventure. Also rewatching Durarara because it's been two years since I saw the bloody thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

AzN wrote: »
    Trying to catch up on Jojo's Bizzare Adventure. Also rewatching Durarara because it's been two years since I saw the bloody thing.

They're the only two series of the new season that I have started watching. Might check out Assassination Classroom as well.

Watching knights of sidonia, good so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

New season stuff is mixed watching all of the first episodes of the new stuff but dropping any boring or crap ones. So far the new yatterman series and rolling girls are the best new stuff, assassination classroom was ok Maou no testament is icky and world break was just dreadful

Still a few more to watch and I'm happy for Tokyo ghoul and aldnoah zero's return

Rolling girls I feel might be the breakout of the new series, very pretty with a strong visual flair but a story that will balance a road movie & Ott actin series into 1.

IHeartYuki wrote: »
    Just started Kamisama Hajimema****a Series 2 today. It's still making me smile, especially the "Ojisan-Obasan-Ojisan" (guy-lady-guy) Wind God.

The new anime season looks pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to the following shows:

Aldnoah Zero Season 2
    Ansatsu Kyou****su
    Dog Days Season 3
    Durarara!!x2 Shou
    Tokyo Ghoul V-R

Having never seen dog days 1 or 2 I binged watched them over the week

Christ they are the most harmless shows I've ever seen. It's not that nothing happens it's just harmless fun with no drama. Especially the 2nd season. At least the first tried briefly.

Not terrible but not great either. At least season 3 seems to be making an effort

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mathrew

i've been starting to hook reading Parallel, i love the story so far :)

Started watching From The New World.

3 episodes in and all I can think is "This is why I love anime!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Back on Hunter x Hunter bandwagon after giving it a rest for a few months when I was just starting the Chimera Ant arc. I must say there's a surprising lack of ants. Other than that, I have a hankering to watch all the Ghibli movies because I know I'm missing out on some great movies.

Well I've been put in my place on the whole dont judge a book by its cover.

"Wrath of bahamut: Genesis" is downright fantastic and one of the best I've seen in ages.

Really likeable characters with a proper swashbuckling feel to its fantasy, its like an anime princess bride with dragons with its characters, call backs and humour.

And when it aired I passed over it because it was described as "Based on the online card game by Cygames."

Which made me think it was going to be full of stupid ways to tie the card game back to events.

Seriously check out the first 2-3 episodes. Its excellent.

I've started knights of sidonia and really like it, I'll be finished it in no time.

• Advertisement

I've started knights of sidonia and really like it, I'll be finished it in no time.

Ya its really good, Im nearly finished it.

Advertisement