Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,405 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've just tweeted my post to ray It needs to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Ray : " What do you get when you mix a shark and a tornado? "

Phil : " Jaws 5". :D

Loved today's 7 Days.

Also, did PD Michael not realise that Ray was more inclined to be even MORE sarky about the prize by sending that e-mail telling him to tone it down?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Those two songs for the Switzerland national anthem... I couldn't stop laughing : D

Also, Phil really is very witty. I wish him and Deeno were on the whole show, like they used to do on the Chris Moyles show.

Seren_ wrote: »
    Those two songs for the Switzerland national anthem... I couldn't stop laughing : D

Also, Phil really is very witty. I wish him and Deeno were on the whole show, like they used to do on the Chris Moyles show.

Ya see, if we see it why don't the top brass in 98 see it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I know Adrian used to do bulletins for Spin as well as 98 when he was there, I think they're a part of the Communicorp news team (forget how that works tbh) rather than direct 98 employees, so they probably aren't able to do it full-time.

You also have to take into account that BBC Radio 1 would likely have someone writing bulletins for Dom and Tina when they did it on Chris Moyles. Local news teams in Ireland have to prep their own bulletins so there's a lot more work involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭monariek

whats the story with the podcasts, is there a solution to the peter curtin debacle?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

monariek wrote: »
    whats the story with the podcasts, is there a solution to the peter curtin debacle?

The only way I managed to fix it was to go to iTunes, search for the Ray Foley Show and resubscribe to the feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭monariek

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    The only way I managed to fix it was to go to iTunes, search for the Ray Foley Show and resubscribe to the feed.

worked a treat. cheers

leggo wrote: »
    I know Adrian used to do bulletins for Spin as well as 98 when he was there, I think they're a part of the Communicorp news team (forget how that works tbh) rather than direct 98 employees, so they probably aren't able to do it full-time.

You also have to take into account that BBC Radio 1 would likely have someone writing bulletins for Dom and Tina when they did it on Chris Moyles. Local news teams in Ireland have to prep their own bulletins so there's a lot more work involved.

Well technically they are all communicorp employees just in a specific station.

Aye but a few years ago, when INN died, Communicorp and UTV started pooling news teams (which is why 98 and Spin's news teams work from a different building). Like I said though, I'm not sure what the exact arrangement is now though, but it's probably just not possible for them to work full-time for the show.

• Advertisement

Jesus a steward enquiry there on the superquinn question. Was the person on Phils team a member of the board ? Ya fecking chancer whoever it was. Haha

The ray foley show.
    Ray, JP, Phil, and Deeno.
    Three men and a little lady, except foley isn't that little.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Am I imagining it or have they completely stopped doing Feedback? Can't remember hearing it the past few weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus a steward enquiry there on the superquinn question. Was the person on Phils team a member of the board ? Ya fecking chancer whoever it was. Haha

I didn't catch this in the podcasts - what happened? I guess it was it on the 7-days quiz?

Michelle was fun wasn't she ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The "Ah, Yeah, Ok" theme song reminds me of The Commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

That_Guy wrote: »
    The "Ah, Yeah, Ok" theme song reminds me of The Commitments.

Ah the commitments aren't that bad.

2nd of September will be a great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

What's on?

Synode wrote: »
    What's on?

Deenos doing a 10km run in the Phoenix park the Saturday before and the training doesn't appear to have gone well.

• Advertisement

DING DONG, DING DONG, DING DONG SEVEN DAYS!

My most favourite jingle ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Seren_ wrote: »
    DING DONG, DING DONG, DING DONG SEVEN DAYS!

My most favourite jingle ever.

Ding Dong Seren!

Ding Dong Jason!

2nd of September will be a great show.

That's when they take over Pat Kenny's old slot isn't it? :p

Jesus could Michelle be abit more enthusiastic during ding dong quiz ?

What does a sports gorilla sound like lads ?

Can someone please perform a men in black flashing memory thing to erase the kids bits from our collective memories. It's fecking woeful.

Clare Solan is a funny funny lady IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Can someone please perform a men in black flashing memory thing to erase the kids bits from our collective memories. It's fecking woeful.

Agreed. I absolutely hate it and have turned the show off a good few times to avoid

• Advertisement

2fm should have kept nicky Byrne as he comes across as having a personality unlike tubbs.

Advertisement