Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iniscarra Lake and Permits,Fines Etc.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I fish there a lot (was there yesterday) and have never heard of a permit being needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭calerbass

coolwings wrote: »
    Calerbass:
    If you have the permit. Call the office and tell them that. They may be willing to return your gear. I have heard this done in other cases, but other locations. You've nothing to lose by asking.

Actually what happened is, when i payed the fine i got the gear back so you can take it as a given that if your caught fishing there without a permit they will take the rod etc as insurance so u pay the fine.Fines are paid in Macroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭calerbass

ch750536 wrote: »
    I fish there a lot (was there yesterday) and have never heard of a permit being needed.

You are the same as me so, im not originally from the area, when i went out there that day,where the boats are tied up etc .They were no signs relating to permits at all.I made this point to the fishery officer but was to no avail,took the rod and gave me a 90 euro fine.You can get day and season permits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

And as for 'go and find out' I drove for 20 mins around the lake yesterday looking for a good spot, no signs, no shops open.

Advertisement