Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon s/w refresh rolled out last night Nov 23

• 24-11-2015 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭

Just brought up 'My Recordings' and noticed a few things different, including that in the lower-right it shows how much disk space is used - you previously had to go to Diagnostics to see this. It also now shows a 'HD' logo beside programs recorded in HD and there's a one liner description about the recorded program.

When you play a recording, you will see tips at the bottom of the screen. Not sure if this was there before but now if you hold down the large left or right buttons (not the rew and FF white buttons) the recording will run backward or forward at a fast rate and to stop and resume play, just take your finger off the button.

The s/w appears to have been updated last night.

Please post any new or updated features you spot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Noticed the tip showing when I was watching the recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Most of the menus are definitely faster and when you're asked to confirm an action (e.g. delete a recorded program), you can hit the button straight away, previously you had to wait a second or two before hitting the 'ok' button or it would be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

Try this
    go to a channel you have not been watching (i tried e4 and rte 1)
    Wait for the on screen banner to go away
    Press and hold the left arrow button - it rewinds back - even though you were not watching:pac::pac::pac:

Also the font on the banner is a good big bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Left and right now skip forward and back by a set amount that you can specify in the settings menus which is brilliant. Also holding down left or right slides along the bar to wherever you want. Works in the players and the recordings!

Also noticed that when I press menu TV guide is in the center now and on demand is more centered as well.

Probably other bits I've missed but I like it so far.

I noticed that "more like this" feature seems to work a bit better now. Seems to stream from the players utv Ireland has a few shows. Also noticed it won't let your fast forward. It says this content does not allow this. Assume to stop you skipping the ads...

Also noticed you can stream shows, say for example from rte, like the Big Bang theory, not available on rte player from on demand but available under "more like this" from rte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭leche solara

Kurn wrote: »
    Try this
    go to a channel you have not been watching (i tried e4 and rte 1)
    Wait for the on screen banner to go away
    Press and hold the left arrow button - it rewinds back - even though you were not watching:pac::pac::pac:

Also the font on the banner is a good big bigger

But when you rewind in the other channel it doesn't rewind that channel - it rewinds the channel you just came from. Don't see the point of this

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

The best thing about the rewind is it shows it in clock format rather than winding back a number of minutes.

You can go back an hour in just a few seconds, it's really nice and far better than leaving it on x30 rewind for ages.

The whole box seems quicker.

But when you rewind in the other channel it doesn't rewind that channel - it rewinds the channel you just came from. Don't see the point of this

This feature has always been there, I like it, They added little tick marks a few software releases back to show where channel changes were made

This feature has always been there, I like it, They added little tick marks a few software releases back to show where channel changes were made
    Your right. I was sure yesterday it was rewinding channels I had not watched. Ah well. The tick marks look much clearer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭bulbs2010

anyone know why when I set my horizon box to series link it records even the repeats of the show

• Advertisement

what has that got to do with the new SW release?

You probably have disk management set to Auto and your box is 99% full so its auto removing watched or partially watched recordings and then re-recording them as it doesn't think it has them. One of the new features of the box is it shows disk use in both my recordings and the planner

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭bulbs2010

what has that got to do with the new SW release?

You probably have disk management set to Auto and your box is 99% full so its auto removing watched or partially watched recordings and then re-recording them as it doesn't think it has them. One of the new features of the box is it shows disk use in both my recordings and the planner
    it has everything to do with software release as it only started happening when the new sw was released

There are tons of posts here going back to the launch of horizon on this happening.

Advertisement