Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Remember kids, piracy is wrong, leave it too the professionals...

:rolleyes::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn!
    I didn't see the MD games there at all, would have got Ristar, have the rest.

Well they weren't boxed, just the loose carts thrown in a cardboard box with the console so you would have easily walked by it. Everything was filthy though, like they had been lying in a shed for years. All cleaned now of course.

Thanks for the tip anyway, I had written that market off a while ago but it appears to have a new lease of life going by today.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Well Guys I have finally got the 3DO I have been looking for.....No Games ,but heck who cares when its in this good a condition....... Got it of ebay for 75 sterling....but looks brand new.......:D:D:D:D- Have to get some games....Wife got it for me as a Valentines Present
    Also saw this....Wonder if I could get this to.......Well see wants another child.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Atari-800-XL-1050-Disk-Drive-Fantastic-Boxed-/160537033264?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item2560c0ba30

DSC03806.jpg

DSC03808.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Well Guys I have finally got the 3DO I have been looking for.....No Games ,but heck who cares when its in this good a condition....... Got it of ebay for 75 sterling....but looks brand new.......:D:D:D:D- Have to get some games....Wife got it for me as a Valentines Present
    Also saw this....Wonder if I could get this to.......Well see wants another child.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Atari-800-XL-1050-Disk-Drive-Fantastic-Boxed-/160537033264?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item2560c0ba30

DSC03806.jpg

DSC03808.jpg
    It has a 1050 drive? yeah I'd be tempted myself ;)

Looks to be in beautiful condition alphaeagle, they're big money when boxed etc, but as I was saying before, if you were bitten by the 3DO bug when it was retailing, it's a wound you never recover from, unfortunately :p

Small piece of technical information for those that are interested:
    The 3DO is one of few CD-based units that feature neither regional lockout nor copy protection

Source

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Laus Dublin claws off...I will have enough trouble bidding against other people, but when I saw that 800xl...I said to the wife "You know I love you".....

EnterNow....It looks Fine.....I was well and trully bitten by that bug.....I will soon start replacing all my current consoles with fully boxed ones....Now if anyone has any console boxes they don't want!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,420 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow, that is indeed a lovely piece of kit! Great price too. Nice one.

Joining the ranks of my Atari collection (I really should fix that 6 switch woody) is this, the 'Vader' model.

2l94md2.jpg

Picked up this little gem too. Boxed & complete with sealed instructions etc. The aerial was broke & needed fixing, which took all of three minutes to do :cool:

2hsajbb.jpg

2ynla1v.jpg

2itha4o.jpg

Both CIB, just need SOR 3 now...ya know, the dear one :(

6isopg.jpg

Sonic 2 for the Mastersystem, Sonic 1 for the GameGear & Desert Strike for the MD

zmxkb7.jpg

When cover art was never an indication of what you were getting. Nevertheless, when games were games.

28jksgi.jpg

The price for this haul? Well combining currencies etc, it evens out at about €40. It's a buyers market indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just won radical rex for the MD

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Regarding the 3DO, burning off the hard to get games is a must, Star Control 2 for example, but I recommend buying the likes of Need For Speed and Road Rash, in the american oversized packaging as well, unless you have a thing for the double cd cases europeans got!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

keithgeo wrote: »
    Just picked up off Landsleaving a boxed street fighter 2 turbo snes in great condition in fairness, with a 2nd controller mario world, starwing, jurrasic park2 and UN Squadron. Absolutley delighted! The other half paid for it for my Birthday, which isnt till March but she said keep an eye out for one!

If i had the money id buy your Saturn aswell, unfortunatly she wants to get bunk beds for the kids ;(

I guess they should have somewhere to sleep in fairness! I'm secretly hoping half that stuff doesn't sell so i can keep them anyway :D

What are Space Station Silicon Valley & Perfect Dark worth? (N64 PAL carts only)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Picked up cart-only Space Station Silicon Valley in the RAGE for less than a tenner, think they were selling a boxed Perfect Dark for around the 20-mark.

ghostchant wrote: »
    Picked up cart-only Space Station Silicon Valley in the RAGE for less than a tenner, think they were selling a boxed Perfect Dark for around the 20-mark.

I got both carts for €14...has to be an alright price in that case?

Edit - actually it was €12 I got them for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Just got a few megadrive bits there..

2 Official Pads

All boxed games

Sonic 1 with manual
    Sonic 2
    Sonic 3 with manual
    Alex Kid with manual
    Streets of rage
    Desert Strike with manual
    EA Hockey with Manual
    Mega Games 2
    Altered Beast with Manual
    European Club Soccer with manual

and some genesis game called Raiden Trad with the manual too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »
    I got both carts for €14...has to be an alright price in that case?

Edit - actually it was €12 I got them for.

Really good price you got. Perfect Dark is one of those games that goes for more than it's worth since it's popular. It's also not all that great although it's a massive improvement on goldeneye. Space Station Silicon Valley is worth about what you paid for it and is a fantastic game. There's absolutely nothing else like and is kind of sandboxy as well. Also it's made by DMA who would go on to be Rockstar North and make the GTA games so it's interesting in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

Picked up a couple of wii games and mass effect 2, only to have my xbox die after five minutes:( Anybody know if they are worth getting fixed?
    The mario 25th allstars is available sealed in pc world in blanch for 21.99 if anybody is still looking for it, also got path of radiance second hand in hmv. Good weekend untill the box died.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Got Arc The Lad collection today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

Latest addition to the gamecube collection,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Three weks ago: Black PAL GC (with power/AV), 1 black GC pad (Nintendo), GC Star Wars Rogue II, GC Star Wars Clone Wars, GC Mario Party 4 (all boxed/complete/mint) (£15)

Two weeks ago: 2 black GC pads (Nintendo) (average of £6 inc. P&P)

Last week: GC Mario Kart Double Dash, GC Super Smash Bros Melee, GC Soul Calibur II (all boxed/complete/mint) (2-for-3 deal at local Gamestation, worked out at £5 apiece)

This week: 1 black GC pad (Nintendo) (straight swap for an old pair of Sony headphones), GC Scorpion King (was part of pad-4-cans swap, going on eBay Sunday :pac:)

Never realised Martio Party 4 and Beyond Good & Evil had gotten so rare/sought-after, I could have picked BG&E for £4 at Gamestation last week :pac:...will nip back this weekend and see if it's still there :D

• Advertisement

Ah balls, just noticed there I already have Perfect Dark. It came with an NTSC N64 I got from Augmerson, any distinct advantage between the PAL / NTSC versions? I do plan on modding the N64 for RGB at some stage, so perhaps the NTSC one is the one to keep?

I got 2 things in the post today

1. A mint copy of General Chaos for the MD

2. My College degree in quantity surveying

Should I be worried that i still havnt opened up my degree and general chaos has already gotten about half a hour of play time

Master of the Universe

1. A mint copy of General Chaos for the MD

2. My College degree in quantity surveying

Well done! Any chance you could appraise my games collection? ;)

that stuff is worth nothing i'll give ya a tener for it all

Master of the Universe

You sure that's a degree you got, yeah? :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's definitely his degree, bought and paid for.

Of course he paid a slightly soiled issue of Sega Power magazine and a copy of Pit Fighter for the Megadrive, but that's the way ole Jack rolls!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Anyone been into RAGE this weekend to see what new stuff they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

according to their facebook page they got in a few SNES consoles and games.

Master of the Universe

Just picked up Robocop Versus The Terminator for the Snes. It's rubbish in comparsion to the epic Megadrive version, but I wanted it to do some comparisons on real hardware.

Next on the list, Alien Versus Predator for the Snes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Just won Ico for the ps2 for a tenner!

Not bad!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement