Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone TV Offering - Launch Pending?

• 16-10-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭

Vodafone have previously said that they will launching an IPTV offering in 2015 to complete heads-on with Virgin and Sky. Are we weeks away from launch? I suspect that we are.

Expecting a heavily discounted offer at launch stage or very shortly after launch.

Anyone got any more news on the Vodafone IPTV service?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Szero

Update:
    In-store adverts have started inside Vodafone stores for their IPTV product.
    TV adverts start in December 2015.
    Vodafone IPTV product goes live in January 2016.

Despite, the in-store adverts, the Vodafone sales reps had no firm details on the product other than:
    7 day catch up on all channels.
    No lag when flicking between channels.
    Seemed to indicate that there is a large number of channels included.
    Sales rep said will be sold as part of bundles. Special offers at launch.

Seems strange that the in-store display is up 2 months before the product is live.

More competition for Eir, Sky and Virgin Media is around the corner. Aggressive sales offers from all 3 are likely in January 2016.

Update:
    In-store adverts have started inside Vodafone stores for their IPTV product.
    TV adverts start in December 2015.
    Vodafone IPTV product goes live in January 2016.

Despite, the in-store adverts, the Vodafone sales reps had no firm details on the product other than:
    7 day catch up on all channels.
    No lag when flicking between channels.
    Seemed to indicate that there is a large number of channels included.
    Sales rep said will be sold as part of bundles. Special offers at launch.

Seems strange that the in-store display is up 2 months before the product is live.

More competition for Eir, Sky and Virgin Media is around the corner. Aggressive sales offers from all 4 are likely in January 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭galtee boy

I suppose there's no chance it will have UTV NI on it ?

Grrrr ... I can't delete my duplicated post above.
    I suppose there's no chance it will have UTV NI on it ?

I would be very surprised if UTV Ireland is not included.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well, this can only be good news. But I guess anyone signing up will have to have fibre BB to get a decent stream. Anyone with less than 10 mbps will struggle to get any good quality stream. Will be interesting how much Voda will charge for their bundles, especially as they are the most expensive mobile network.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

More competition is always good as UPC/eircom/Sky seem to have the market monopolised.

Hopefully they'll offer some competitive prices without a massive degradation in broadband speeds.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Niemoj wrote: »
    More competition is always good as UPC/eircom/Sky seem to have the market monopolised.

I wouldn't say that, the market is becoming VERY competitive and fragmenting.

For a long time your only option was Sky and UPC/Virgin, with Sky really being the only options outside of urban areas and of course totally dominating sports and movies.

Now we have Eircom and soon Vodafone shaking things up and adding options.

We have Saorview and Freesat being an increasingly popular free option.

You have over the top services like Netflix, Amazon, etc. shaking things up.

And finally you have BT Sports, etc. shaking up Sky's monopoly of sports.

Yes competition is very good :D

Advertisement