Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,348 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd say Carla could knock seven shades outta little Simon and Peter wouldnt do a thing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I just don't like Carla. I feel sorry for her, going through the rape, but I just don't like her!

She's not a good match for Peter either.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

deelite wrote: »
    Well spotted but i thought she used the money for a good brief but I can't remember at all.

Deirdre and Ken remortgaged their house for Tracy's defence which was why Deirdre was so upset that Blanche left all of her money for Tracy. I can't remember if Blanche paid for part of Tracy's defence too but she definitely left a lot of money to Tracy and Tracy mentioned it a lot when she was first our of prison as she wanted to start her own florists with it.

Also in the real world she'd get a pretty massive compensation settlement for 3 years of 'wrongful' incarceration.

LOL @ Julie ".... in the middle of Dirty Dancing"
    Hailey "I love that film"
    "Oh I wasn't talking about the movie":D:D:D

Completely agree with Leanne as well, Peter doesn't love Carla, he's addicted to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

lizt wrote: »
    LOL @ Julie ".... in the middle of Dirty Dancing"
    Hailey "I love that film"
    "Oh I wasn't talking about the movie":D:D:D

Completely agree with Leanne as well, Peter doesn't love Carla, he's addicted to her.
    Julie annoys me sometimes but she gets some good lines ;)

• Advertisement

I find the story such uncomfortable viewing because of that. I know 2 people where the exact same thing happened when one partner was in AA. It's really common for alcoholics to end up with a 'cross-addiction' to someone at their meetings (usually of the opposite sex) instead of actually recovering, it's nickname is 13th stepping. And it's such an unhealthy, damaging thing for just about everybody involved.

I'm glad though that Corrie seem to be doing a (reasonably) realistic job of it instead of making Peter and Carla out to be each other's true love. I think they are showing the damage it's causing everyone, especially Carla, who was the one who latched on to Peter even when he didn't want it. Imo, she seems worse off now with Peter than she did a week or two after she was raped. She'd have been much better off if she stuck to getting support from a professional person who would never be weak enough to cross the line with her as Peter has done.

Michelle is so annoying lately. All she seems to say is "Oi you!" and generally yell at anyone who looks the wrong way at Carla.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Poor Etta James, at last has never been so badly used:D:D

Steves face hilarous,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

This is what Corrie excels at, comedy gold

Beth 'what a waste of a bath' classy lady:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

That scene was very funny with Steve calling Craig downstairs then giving him money :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Yes!! :D, Frank is at last going to throw Sally down like an old rag doll,

Not a day too soon.

Michelle is so annoying lately. All she seems to say is "Oi you!" and generally yell at anyone who looks the wrong way at Carla.

Michelle is always annoying plus of a sudden she is best pals with Carla

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Another excellent scene yesterday with Peter, Leanne and Simon, I thought it was very tense, I wasn't sure Simon was going to own up to it or just let the lie continue. Nice one Corrie.

Sally needs such a kick up the backside, she is on a right power trip with her position in the factory, bit of a bully too. If she had any loyalty to her friends and neighbours she'd tell them straight away their jobs are on the line.

Cow. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Even though I had seen the spoiler where Steve was going to move Beth and son into no 13, the way they have done this is brilliant. Love the pet rat, great storyline potentials with this.

Has anyone else noticed that whenever a character on Corrie goes away for a week or two they come back with gleaming white teeth. I'm starting to find it a bit distracting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

^^^^ I thought Mammy Foster was in the frame too?

cofy wrote: »

I guess that means for sure that she did it then. There is no way one of those characters is a murderer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

cofy wrote: »

I thought Maria was a suspect as well

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    coro_murder_suspects.jpg

Kevin did it! Well he's missing his nasty jacket so that makes him the odd one out I reckon.

Either way I'm surprised to see he's so tall, I would have thought Peter was a good 3-4 inches taller than him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I know the topic hasn't been mentioned in a while but surely Fizz could've been more help to Katy. Considering all Chesney and Katy did for her... minding little Hope when she was in the clink. Freakin' useless cow, she could've minding the child a few evenings a week for the young one:mad:.

Carla looks so out of place in Peeetah's tiny wee flat. A big strapping, striking woman like that with a booming foghorn voice clumping about the place with her enormous flapping batwing sleeves. There's no room to move in it! She shouldn't be moving in so soon with him imo. Let little Simon come to terms with the changes in his life. (Mad the way Leanne's eyes move in opposite directions when she gets upset, that tends to distract me:confused:.)

I know I'm harping on about it but I wish someone would batter the sh*te out of Sally very soon, I can't bear the way she's so smug and self satisfied, does she really believe Frank really enjoys going to her house for tea with Sawphie???? I hope he throttles her:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

iguana wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that whenever a character on Corrie goes away for a week or two they come back with gleaming white teeth. I'm starting to find it a bit distracting.

same:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Ann22 wrote: »
    does she really believe Frank really enjoys going to her house for tea with Sawphie???? I hope he throttles her:(.

ha! Last night she was inviting him over for tea and she said something like 'i'll make my carrot and parsnip mash'.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I know I'm harping on about it but I wish someone would batter the sh*te out of Sally very soon, I can't bear the way she's so smug and self satisfied, does she really believe Frank really enjoys going to her house for tea with Sawphie???? I hope he throttles her:(.

She'll know the truth by the end of this week. I'm really curious about what Frank does to her that makes Kevin mad enough to be a suspect.

She'll know the truth by the end of this week. I'm really curious about what Frank does to her that makes Kevin mad enough to be a suspect.

Dumps her for Jenny made more sense if he had raped or tried to rape her

Dumps her for Jenny made more sense if he had raped or tried to rape her

I know, why would you want to kill the guy who dumped your ex? It's nuts.

I know, why would you want to kill the guy who dumped your ex? It's nuts.

Kevin did worse to Sally by cheating with Molly and having a kid

Kevin did worse to Sally by cheating with Molly and having a kid

I've lost count of how many times they've cheated and counter-cheated on each other over the past 25 years. The only thing thats remained true in that relationship is Kevins jacket.
    _50331858_19_11_coro_molly_kevin_03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

ha! Last night she was inviting him over for tea and she said something like 'i'll make my carrot and parsnip mash'.

I believe it was "carrot and swede" (gulp :(). Parsnips are too posh for Weatherfield!

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I believe it was "carrot and swede" (gulp :(). Parsnips are too posh for Weatherfield!

Didn't we establish the Christmas of Sally's cancer that none of the Webster's like parsnips so Sally casually threw them in the bin amazing the girls and impressing Kevin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement