Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dark Souls

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Worth remembering the AI is pretty terrible, I found if you put a gap between yourself and an enemy they'll often fall to their death trying to get you. The ogres in blightown are very susceptible to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

This Lautrec fight is really frustrating me at the moment, no way of blocking the spells and I lose health even if Lautrec attacks my shield. All the strategies I'm reading don't seem to apply to me as I'm solely using melee. Trying luring them into a single file on the stairs but still getting hit by spells

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

Harps wrote: »
    This Lautrec fight is really frustrating me at the moment, no way of blocking the spells and I lose health even if Lautrec attacks my shield. All the strategies I'm reading don't seem to apply to me as I'm solely using melee. Trying luring them into a single file on the stairs but still getting hit by spells

What I did on ym melee character was ensure that I had attunement to at least one and bought the healing miracle which you can use in an invasion. I also take out the wizard first. But I'm cheap like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Harps wrote: »

His hooked sword(shotel) bypasses shields. Best strategy is run and try get them 1 by 1, try getting a spear and poke them to death constantly backing and prepare to roll back to dodge his shotel or the magic user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

His hooked sword(shotel) bypasses shields. Best strategy is run and try get them 1 by 1, try getting a spear and poke them to death constantly backing and prepare to roll back to dodge his shotel or the magic user.

And the cheap strategy is poison arrows, they at least will deal with his minions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Theres some a hole waiting around the entrance of the Four kings, keeps invading me and killing me. My sword has zero effect on him. Starting to piss me off

weiland79 wrote: »
    Theres some a hole waiting around the entrance of the Four kings, keeps invading me and killing me. My sword has zero effect on him. Starting to piss me off

Just keep running away? He has to get sick of it sometime :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I just beat the Taurus Demon in such a cheap way. He knocked me off the edge and then followed me down. The screen said "You have died" quickly followed by "Victorious!". I went back after respawning, he was dead and I could collect my souls. Thank **** for that. Dis game hard

Grimebox wrote: »
    I just beat the Taurus Demon in such a cheap way. He knocked me off the edge and then followed me down. The screen said "You have died" quickly followed by "Victorious!". I went back after respawning, he was dead and I could collect my souls. Thank **** for that. Dis game hard

Some day you'll look back at this and laugh... cheap haha I didn't know the meaning of the word

MOC88 wrote: »
    Some day you'll look back at this and laugh... cheap haha I didn't know the meaning of the word

Is everything in this game cheap?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

pretty sure he meant the taurus demon is unbelievably piss easy compared to what's to come

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Or that sometimes you'll take cheap if you can get it?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Is everything in this game cheap?

No, but he's not the only boss you can make kill himself. There are two other main bosses than be convinced to do it. I won't tell you which ones though. :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

weiland79 wrote: »

If you can get to the fog gate you can enter and he'll be sent back to his own world.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

danthefan wrote: »
    And the cheap strategy is poison arrows, they at least will deal with his minions.

I found falling attacks were the way to go with Lautrec. Get them all to chase you and eventually you'll end up on top of the stairs with them on the bottom, and bobs your uncle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

danthefan wrote: »

Yeah, stick on the hawk ring for the extra range, and a long bow or better and you can snipe the three of them from range. It's cheap, but the game can be cheap too. i.e. Anor Londo Archers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

does anyone on xbox get massive lag in Blighttown?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

calex71 wrote: »

Yep, same happens at the start of new londo, just as you run over the bridge. Think it's the same on Ps3.

I get massive framerate lag in Undead Burg on PC when I look in certain directions. I'm not surprised though because it doesn't seem to be optimised for PC at all

I didn't notice it much at the time but apparently lower blightown is known for it.

• Advertisement

Got summoned there and headed for the boss in blighttown, 3 of us on the run ..... someone then invaded and was relieved of his souls rather quickly lol bet he wasn't expecting 3 players :D

Can someone explain to me how the multiplayer works? I was given that white stone thing but I can't seem to use it

Can someone explain to me how the multiplayer works? I was given that white stone thing but I can't seem to use it

There's certain areas you can't use it. Go into your inventory and equip it the same as your estus flask, so you can find it when you push down. When you use it he should write a symbol on the floor, usually the last bonfire before a boss's or just outside the fog gate are the best places.

To invade you use cracked red eye orbs but you have to be human to do that. There's other ways to invade but you need to join a covenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

For Being Summoned
    You can (or should) be able to put the white soapstone down anywhere excluding a few places (Firelink Shrine as an example). Equip it into your tool slots like your Estus for easy access. You basically place the white soapstone down in areas where you wish to be summoned by another player to help them defeat the boss. An example area where you could put the white soapstone down is before a boss fog gate or at a bonfire.
    You cannot use certain items while summoned such as Estus and will require the host to heal you or you will need to use healing miracles or humanity to heal.

For Summoning
    You can only summon either players when you are human and not hollow. If you are human and if you are exploring and see a shining white/gold sign on the ground it means somebody else has put their white soapstone down for co-op play. You can then summon this person. The only downside for being human to do co-op is you risk the chance of being invaded by another person.

A general rule of thumb for summoning/being summoned is that you cannot be summoned or summon unless you are of a certain soul level range (usually 10-20%) so for example a level 100 player cannot summon a level 70 player and vice versa

So I haven't seen any because I'm like level 7 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Depends on which boss you are at, if you are level 7 and happen to be later in the game you find it very hard to find people to summon because everyone would be a much higher level.

If you don't see any signs and you've just defeated the Taurus Demon then either you are not checking the more popular places where people put signs down or it's just a quiet night for people to be on.

Your next area should be Undead Parish and alot of people put their signs out just after the stairs from the Parish that leads to the courtyard (where there is one crossbow hollow and 2 hollow soldiers)

Edit: Also check to make sure you are human before looking for summon signs as you can only see them as human. To be human you need one humanity on your counter and you need to reverse hollow at a bonfire.

So I haven't seen any because I'm like level 7 :cool:

There's usually some outside the bonfire in undead burg, you can only see them if you're in human form though.

Guys I just hit demon ruins, Ceaseless Discharge ceased via the cheap method feels good to kick this game in the balls for once instead of the other way around. Just chatting to folks I've been cp-op with and they are a little higher than me in terms of levels I'm 42 at this point, is that about right?

Anyway, I got many good things in the swamp etc but I was wondering if I should press on through demon ruins or do something else, I've been given no clue as to what my objective is other than a cut scene
    of a door opening which I'm 100% was the one near the blacksmith
    it's a hell of a run back there.

Also I'm trying to get those maggots to infect me so I can get chatting to Eingyi but they keep killing me any clues?

Oh another question, re: covenants, I'm sure they have quests to be done for them had the chance to join the chaos servents but declined as I know this will aggro my current one and possible block me out of something, whats the best way to approach these?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Guys I just hit demon ruins, Ceaseless Discharge ceased via the cheap method feels good to kick this game in the balls for once instead of the other way around. Just chatting to folks I've been cp-op with and they are a little higher than me in terms of levels I'm 42 at this point, is that about right?

Anyway, I got many good things in the swamp etc but I was wondering if I should press on through demon ruins or do something else, I've been given no clue as to what my objective is other than a cut scene

Also I'm trying to get those maggots to infect me so I can get chatting to Eingyi but they keep killing me any clues?

Oh another question, re: covenants, I'm sure they have quests to be done for them had the chance to join the chaos servents but declined as I know this will aggro my current one and possible block me out of something, whats the best way to approach these?

dont bother pressing on until youve got to anor londo
    because their is fog gates (big red barrier) blocking any further progress into the demon ruins, so you wont get any further down their unless you kill
    the boss in anor lando

to get to anor lando you have to get through Sefs fortress , and GOODLUCK WITH THAT cause i hated that place :pac:

• Advertisement

Let your character get killed by one of those worms, then when you respawn leave him standing still. Go off and make a cup of tea and by the time you come back your head should have turned into an egg, you'll knows it's working if your character starts scratching his head after a little while.

The place the door opened is Sen's Fortress, it should be your next port of call in terms of story progression, you can get there from the bonfire above Andrei the blacksmith in Undead Parish.

You won't be able to complete the demon ruins at this point in the game as there will be a golden fog gate blocking your way.

With covenants, you can leave your current one by without any aggro if you go to the guy up by where you had to fight the gargoyles (can't remember his name. You'll have to join chao servant if you want to
    have Solaire survive and also if you want all the pyromancies

It's up to yourself which covenants to go with, some of them give you items which will let you invade. I joined the Blades of the Darkmoon for a good bit because you can invade without getting indicted.

Advertisement