Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LF Low pop realm horde player

• 15-09-2014 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

So I've moved to a new server and have a new main. While I'm building up gold, obviously it can be a slow enough process when you've got fresh proffessions.

As a Warlock, I want to get a Sealed tome in order to complete the green fire quest before 6.0 (when I believe it will be removed)

The tome is farmed on Isle of Thunder, dropped by rare mobs. The tome is expensive where I am, and when I go to farm I notice there are farmers basically farming it to sell.

I'm looking for a Horde player that is on a low population realm. Doing cross-realm messing, want to join you in a part for a minute so it portals me to your realm, so I can farm in hoepfully a much less competitive environment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Add me on Battlenet. #Mindtrap2453 I'm on Terenas server usually dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Add me on Battlenet. #Mindtrap2453 I'm on Terenas server usually dead.

Sound.

I've never done this before to be honest, but from what I read if you invite me to a party, I get ported to your realm, and then you can leave the party and I'll still be there.

I plan to try do this around midnight to ensure there is as little people online as possible :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

TheDoc wrote: »
    Sound.

I've never done this before to be honest, but from what I read if you invite me to a party, I get ported to your realm, and then you can leave the party and I'll still be there.

I plan to try do this around midnight to ensure there is as little people online as possible :D

Yeh no problem even if I'm not in game I'll log and invite you just so you can get it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

TheDoc wrote: »
    Sound.

Little bit inaccurate, you need to keep both players in the party for you to stay on the realm you are transferred to. The only way you will stay on the realm is if you are in combat when the other person leaves the party.

If its a dead realm i wouldnt bother waiting just farm, the rare mobs that drop it respawn pretty fast. I spent allot of time on that isle when doing the dailies.

What i would do is have someone log on to a horde alt on a dead realm, invite you and then they can go and play their main. They dont have to be on the char but they do have to be in the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Calhoun wrote: »
    Little bit inaccurate, you need to keep both players in the party for you to stay on the realm you are transferred to. The only way you will stay on the realm is if you are in combat when the other person leaves the party.

If its a dead realm i wouldnt bother waiting just farm, the rare mobs that drop it respawn pretty fast. I spent allot of time on that isle when doing the dailies.

What i would do is have someone log on to a horde alt on a dead realm, invite you and then they can go and play their main. They dont have to be on the char but they do have to be in the group.

So I can get someone to inv me on a low level char, and they can just leave and do their normal business while I hve the party active with them showing offline?

That would be ideal.

I've tried farming on current realm which is a FULL realm. So many people camping the spots or doing routes around for them, like I said they seem to sell for big bucks on this realm and always groups around. Tried very early hours over last few days getting just two kills from three nights attempting

• Advertisement

Yes that is correct, i used to have to do it all the time for a buddy who played on a pvp realm and he was on the side that was vastly outnumbered. Just have them log on, invite you then they can log off once the group is up.

Its crazy its that full it must be because they are removing it as a feat of strength come WOD. I was on the isle doing dailies there about a month or so back n ragnaros and i would kill sat least 1 or 2 of the rare spawns a day.

How did the farming go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Green Fire won't be removed post-6.0, but if you complete prior to 6.0 you'll receive the title "Of the Black Harvest" and get a FOS, from what I understand.

I bought my tome for 5k on the AH and finished the quest in about two to three hours in total. It's just a mechanics fight. Thoroughly enjoyable though.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Green Fire won't be removed post-6.0, but if you complete prior to 6.0 you'll receive the title "Of the Black Harvest" and get a FOS, from what I understand.

I bought my tome for 5k on the AH and finished the quest in about two to three hours in total. It's just a mechanics fight. Thoroughly enjoyable though.

Nice what's the lore like I nearly bought a level 90 lock to just do it.

Advertisement