Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HDMI switch problem

Options
  • 24-09-2014 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I have an unusual problem and can't find the answer online or from the supplier of the HDMI switch. Hopefully, someone can help.
    I have just put in place the following. I have a wall mounted Philips LED TV with a Sky 2 terabyte HD box in a press. I also have an Apple TV and a Philips Blu Ray player in the press. At the moment, the TV is connected to the Sky Box directly by a 3 metre HDMI cable. The TV is controlled via a 'magic eye' connected to the RF out on the Sky box. There is no problem with this setup.

I bought a 4 way HDMI switch to allow me to connect the Sky box, Apple TV and Blu Ray to the TV with only one cable running up the back of the box. I also have a Sonos Playbar and needed the Digital out on the switch to connect this to the system (there is no digital out on the TV). The Sonos Playbar isn't connected yet because the switch doesn't work the way I need it to.
    So, here's the problem. Starting from standby on all devices, I turn on the TV and then turn on the Sky box. This should then activate the HDMI switch and send the picture through to the TV. This works fine when I select Sky by pointing the remote directly at the Sky box (that is, when the Sky box is turned on using the IR control). However, the switch does not activate if I select Sky using the magic eye (which is connected via RF out to the Sky box).

In summary, HDMI switch activates when Sky box turned on by IR but does not work when Sky box turned on by Magic Eye through RF.

Advertisement