Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC Alarm Secure Watch

Options
  • 25-07-2013 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I have 3 questions :
    Anybody knows how to turn up the volume of voice saying "System Arming/System Unset" ?
    I have 1 PIR Sensor installed on my upper hall. I have 3 dogs but i would like to arming alarm (from time to time when my dogs staiyng at home) without PIR Sensor. Is it possible to do that?
    and i need to change the time for leaving the house after arming for more 10 sec.

Thanks
    Dan

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have engineer access to the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 danwols

Yes the engineer installed alarm but not sure i have his code

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will need the engineer code to make the changes you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

danwols wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have 3 questions :
    Anybody knows how to turn up the volume of voice saying "System Arming/System Unset" ?
    I have 1 PIR Sensor installed on my upper hall. I have 3 dogs but i would like to arming alarm (from time to time when my dogs staiyng at home) without PIR Sensor. Is it possible to do that?
    and i need to change the time for leaving the house after arming for more 10 sec.

Thanks
    Dan

Hi Dan,

You need engineer access to the system to do all the above. You could try a default of the system if you don't have the engineer code. The system will only default if engineer lock is not on. Please be aware you will need to program the whole system if the default works.

Turn off the mains, open control panel. Disconnect the battery. Remove the JP1 factory link. Power the system back up on the battery. If the system is not engineer locked the keypad will indicate to default the system. Press yes. Replace the JP1 link. Close up control panel and turn back on the mains.

The system if defaulted user code will be 1111
    The engineer code will be 4567

You could set up one of the partsets with an entry/exit timer.
    This will allow you have the motions off plus give you the time to exit your premises.

The keypad volume is controlled in the keypad devices menu.
    The Keypad needs to be IDed on to the system to control this.

Default time for entry/exit is usually 30 seconds. This can be changed in the timers menu.

If you do decide to default the system, Enter 0#3 on the keypad and walk test the system. Make a list of zone names which are displayed on the keypad as you test each zone. This makes setting the system back up easier as you know what is what.

Any problems, let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

The voice can't be turned up or down on the secure watch . It can only be turned on or off .( adding another keypad will help get the voice sound throughout the house ) .
    It can be turned up/down on the newer secure wave .

You could set 0#8 (PGB) with an exit delay and exit buzzer and have the motion PIR set to off for PGB ( partguard B)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Yes it is....I leave my cat in a room with a PIR and I just arm it as normal and appends with * followed by the zone number of the PIR...i.e. "0#4*7 Yes" where 7 is the zone number.

fletch wrote: »
    Yes it is....I leave my cat in a room with a PIR and I just arm it as normal and appends with * followed by the zone number of the PIR...i.e. "0#4*7 Yes" where 7 is the zone number.

That is called inhibiting the zone. This means you are turning off that zone when you arm the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

altor wrote: »
    That is called inhibiting the zone. This means you are turning off that zone when you arm the system.
    Yes is that not what the original poster is looking to do....provided the PIR is its own zone, then it should work? :confused:
    I do it all the time when I leave my cat in.

fletch wrote: »
    Yes is that not what the original poster is looking to do....provided the PIR is its own zone, then it should work? :confused:
    I do it all the time when I leave my cat in.

Sorry Fletch, I was just pointing out what you where doing for the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 irishtris

Hiya ive recently brought a hse wit this alarm no1 seems to know the code or the master code got the company out that installed it and he said he could do nothin without the code, any ideas how I can reset this

• Advertisement

What???
    The guy that came out said he needed the code??:eek:
    This is a very basic job. If he couldn't do that for you he really hasn't a clue what he's at.
    You could try defaulting it yourself but you will need to programme up all setting on the system again.

To default the panel turn off the mains power open the panel and remove the leads from the back up battery sitting at the base of the panel.
    At this stage the external bell will ring, ignore it for now.
    Locate and remove the small factory link on the main PCB board.
    With this removed power up the panel & follow the instructions on the keypad asking to default panel.
    The default codes are 1111 & 4567
    If this does not work you will need an engineer to call out & default it for you.
    Don't accept this talk of they cant do it or it can't be reset . This is usually a ploy to sell you a new panel.
    Also don't accept the line that it needs to be sent to HKC to be reset. This may also be an excuse to charge you more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 irishtris

I know he basically looked at it for few mins and left ok ive the panel down what am I lookin for to take out?

It's a small plastic link on the main PCB.
    It's sitting on 2 pins. Just pull it off and then power up the system.

Hi lads i have another problem. I was moving up door sensor(i think is sensor) and now i cant set up alarm cos its says the door are open. What to do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Hi lads i have another problem. I was moving up door sensor(i think is sensor) and now i cant set up alarm cos its says the door are open. What to do now?

Did you also move the magnet to the corresponding position further up the door?
    Did you accidentally remove a cable from a terminal within the sensor?

Magnet was moved too. I checked cables everything looks ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Is the terminal connector with the reed switch within it on the correct side of the sensor? Ie close to the magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 truckinmad

Anyone know how to change the contact numbers on secure watch. I have eng code but need to edit contacts?

truckinmad wrote: »
    Anyone know how to change the contact numbers on secure watch. I have eng code but need to edit contacts?

Is this who the system contacts through a phone line?

Hi altor, yes the alarm is going through a eircom landline

• Advertisement

Hi altor, yes the alarm is going through a eircom landline

Put in engineer code, scroll to serial port menu, modem card menu, sms text menu. scroll to the phone number you want to change in there.

Please be aware that texting over land lines is to removed. No date has being given. Here is a link to the thread about it.

That worked perfect but just need to delete one as well but not letting me do that. Is there a different way to do that?

That worked perfect but just need to delete one as well but not letting me do that. Is there a different way to do that?

When you have the correct number you want to change press yes, no, yes.

Advertisement