Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

It takes a brave soul to have 2 defensive players from Denmark, who have to compete with the German, Dutch, and Portuguese strike-forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'd wouldnt consider Kroos, Gotze or Llorente likely to start many games either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

carlcon wrote: »
    It takes a brave soul to have 2 defensive players from Denmark, who have to compete with the German, Dutch, and Portuguese strike-forces.
    Even braver to pick a player who's actually come out and said he doesn't expect to make the first team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

swoody wrote: »
    Maniatis wont play Greeces defence is: V Moras / K Papadopoulos / S Papastathopoulos / A Papadopoulos / J Holebas

Maniatis will start in midfield for Greece.

~BKC~

BKC wrote: »
    Maniatis will start in midfield for Greece.

~BKC~

How sure are you of that? He's played in friendlies recently, but didn't start a single game in qualifiers (came on as a sub in 3).

Then in the 3 friendlies he's played in 2012, he was subbed in 2.

Would be a great bargain at 4m if he plays, but I'm not sure how certain he is to play.

• Advertisement

How sure are you of that? He's played in friendlies recently, but didn't start a single game in qualifiers (came on as a sub in 3).

Can't say I'm an expert on Greece but the following is from Zonal Marking:
    In an ideal world, Ninis would be in a position to take up a permanent midfield slot alongside them, making an all-Panathinaikos midfield trio, but the position will almost certainly go to Giannis Maniatis, a versatile player who often plays at right-back. He’s more of a hard worker than a creative player, but his stamina and speed will be vital in the midfield zone.

~BKC~

Being playing around with my team for the last few hours, no closer to a squad than I was then despite reading alot of articles about possible lineups and injury concerns. The pricing of players in this competition is really well done, finding the value for money players will be the key to this imo as opposed to sticking captaincy on RVP or Benzema and riding it all the way through.

Alot of teams will be setup "not to lose" so the recovered balls and clean sheets bonuses could be vital imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

lads i've decided.....i'm putting Torres in my team!

lads i've decided.....i'm putting Torres in my team!

I have him too! More of a personal thing really rather than thinking he will do well. He's my favourite player...

:o

~BKC~

I've basically gone 3 ways when finalising my team:
    • All my bargains come from group A
    • Monster midfield
    • Little or no players from Group D, because they always play on the final day of the round, meaning there's no respite if their players don't perform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

fkAPC.png

All advice/opinions welcome.

I can't imagine Pepe or Agger are likely to see many point come their way considering the group they're in. I'd find cheaper alternatives, then upgrade De Jong to a more attacking player.

I can't imagine Pepe or Agger are likely to see many point come their way considering the group they're in. I'd find cheaper alternatives, then upgrade De Jong to a more attacking player.
    i think Alonso will differ on your attacking opinion.....

9whz5u.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Andersen/Given
    M. Olsson/Ward/Debuchy/Piszczek/Vlaar
    Ozil/Iniesta/Shirokov/Sneijder/Pirlo
    Ronaldo/Jelavic/Lewandowski

thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Quite liking the look of my team now. Got in Parker instead of Zimling. No more changes i promise :pac:

Why change a deep lying midfielder for another?

Going to sit down shortly and finalise my team. Buzzing for tomorrow!

~BKC~

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Why change a deep lying midfielder for another?

Figured he might be good for that recovered balls thing. Also an extra point for a clean sheet, but a point's a point. Now don't get sent off Scott :pac:

manual_man wrote: »
    Figured he might be good for that recovered balls thing. Also an extra point for a clean sheet, but a point's a point. Now don't get sent off Scott :pac:
    Will be interesting to see if he can rack up a few points this way but I'd be cautious for now.

I'll be sticking with midfielders who are likely to assist/score until I see otherwise.

Will be interesting to see if he can rack up a few points this way but I'd be cautious for now.

I'll be sticking with midfielders who are likely to assist/score until I see otherwise.

Actually just realized i can get Shirokov for the same price. Might change. Ah decisions

• Advertisement

208062.png

I welcome all the criticism and advice ye can muster! :D

Actually just realized i can get Shirokov for the same price. Might change. Ah decisions
    That's exactly who I would have suggested you replace him with.

That's exactly who I would have suggested you replace him with.

Feck it. Done. I have 6 players starting tomorrow now :pac:

fkAPC.png

My 2 Cent

I expect Russia to beat Czech Rep easily enough.

Polanski De Jong & Andrews will be heavily dependant on ball recovery points, I wouldnt be expecting alot from them which leaves alot asked of Ozil & Iniesta

Portugese defenders dont offer any value for money imo as I see them struggling to get out of the group

A very weak bench tbh, at least have all cheap regular starters.

Hope that helps

Dempsey wrote: »
    208062.png

I welcome all the criticism and advice ye can muster! :D

Anderson is rumoured to be starting ahead of Lindegaard, but i wouldnt touch either of them. otherwise your team appears solid

Also (re. above), there's no point in having two keepers that play on the same day

• Monster midfield
    • Little or no players from Group D, because they always play on the final day of the round, meaning there's no respite if their players don't perform.
    Does this not mean that your Group C players become your irremovable players and you're stuck with them if they fail to perform?

Seems like you're restricting yourself to two sets of potential inner-gameweek changes as opposed to three. You're also losing the potential to change captaincy 4 times in a single gameweek.

Anderson is rumoured to be starting ahead of Lindegaard, but i wouldnt touch either of them. otherwise your team appears solid

Only the 1st game I thought?
    Also (re. above), there's no point in having two keepers that play on the same day

What difference does that make?

• Monster midfield
    Does this not mean that your Group C players become your irremovable players and you're stuck with them if they fail to perform?

Seems like you're restricting yourself to two sets of potential inner-gameweek changes as opposed to three. You're also losing the potential to change captaincy 4 times in a single gameweek.

I actually have 4 players from Group D. I'll have 6 going in to Matchday2

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »

Only the 1st game I thought?

What difference does that make?

No option to sub should your first-choice underperform...

Advertisement