Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The long wait until the next chapter (chapter 43) continues.

We are actually very close to the end of the series now ( Chapter 48 is the finale) and so much is either up in the air or just has been forgotten about/left unresolved.

Means everything from Mallers to Skittles to Ink to creatures to Datu to Randy to whatever Victor was meant to have done and a long list of other stuff that was just left hanging has to be crammed into 5 chapters.

Oh yeah and that stupid baby is still waiting to be born. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Anyone listen to the latest? Downloading now for the spin to work in the morning, the artwork looks like Datu so I'm guessing we'll get an end to that arc, one way or another

Downloading it myself at the mo.

Did not get back from the UK until a few hours ago, and was too busy to add the usual

NEW

EPISODE

DAY

:D

Meh

Another episode with lots and lots and lots of pretty pointless talking.

So now the colony is splitting up, and they finally remembered that they have a helicopter that they can use.

We have a mention of how Angel's log/diary suggested that the big creatures did not get along with the smaller ones (funny that as I remember Angel being part of the rescue crew that went to the arena and saw Behemoths hanging out with regular creatures, plys they (the original characters) have all seen behemoths arriving with regular creatures when the creatures attacked, and they have seen behemoths arrive with Ink as well in the past. So find it hard to swallow Michael and CJ mulling over stuff that they have both seen with their own eyes and making out that it is something new.

Plus they cannot be talking about the big creatures at the prison because it was made clear that they are a different type of giant creature and that prison episode was their first appearance.

The return of Scratch was done badly as well. Are we meant to accept that she and the guy with her were able to drive a truck up to the colony wall and then climb on top of the wall to watch the survivors? So CJ had no guards on duty in the guardian towers, and no spotters on duty to make sure the coast was clear for the convoy that was about to leave the colony let alone the regular guards that have been mentioned so many times in the past. And then Scratch and the guy were able to hop into their truck and motor away without being noticed.

And Datu? Still kicking and alive.

Lizzie? Still pregnant with the almost ready to arrive baby.

New Episode Day

• Advertisement

And today brings us a brand new and no doubt another very very EXCITING episode of Michael Cross, and the Going Nowhere band.

Just had a thought. Wonder if they will have a Dallas moment to end the series. Big climax, loads killed etc., then Michael wakes up and it turns out he had been in a car accident and the whole thing took place in his head whilst he was out cold/in a coma. :pac:

Dunno bout a Dallas moment, but I hope they go further with Datu's backseat moments and they find out they've been killing people who were aware the whole time!

Is there any point in going on about the " year pregnancy but because we never bothered to get the gear now we have to do an emergency surgery at the Hospital of the Dead?"

What I want to know is what happened to the creatures being attracted to sweat? I know it was touched on when Michael and the soldiers were attacked by a special one when they went to the building where they saw Randy, but the explanation given when they were hiding in the safehouse really opens up lots of questions about the colony/Dunbar etc as the same method of disguising sweat could not be done in an effective manner at those locations .

In seasons one and two, breaking a vial of sweat would have the creatures swarming from miles away, yet all the gardening, wall building, and other work being done at the colony does not seem to attract them at all. Surely all those people sweating would be sending creature attracting pheromones into the air.

As for having to bring Lizzie to the hospital. I hope they do not go down that route because it really would be a stupid thing for them to do. My own guess is that we are either going to see some sort of mutated baby, or more likely someone (maybe Victor?) sacrificing themself so that Lizzie and the baby can live.

Not listened to today's episode yet, but am in the process of downloading it on itunes.

Listened to the new episode last night.

Cannot believe that the hospital bit was true. Such a stupid storyline. And they blabbed where they were going over the unsecure landline (actually how do they have working landlines between the colony and all of the safehouses?), so no doubt that will bring Scratch into play at the very least. But the very idea of going to the hospital to have a noisey birth when they know that at least one behemoth hangs around the place makes little sense, especially when they will be bringing no real firepower of note with them. My guess is that Scratch arrives, maybe some creatures arrives, then Burt and Reily arrive. Still think someone is going to get killed saving Lizzie and the baby.

And isn't amazing how unprotected/unmanned the Colony is now? Yes they are leaving it, but there seems to be no guards (Scratch being able to stand looking over the wall a few episodes ago), nobody listening to the radio or phone ( The call from Dunbar going unanswered) and so on.

Also why do they bother to keep mentioning that the pump needs fixing if they are all leaving the Colony. Michael and Victor mentioned the pump at the start of the episode.

The writing thing I just don't like at all. Said it a few episodes back that I hoped they were not going to try and bring a supernatural element into it, and now it looks as if they are going down that route and if they do then it will be at odds with a lot of what we learned about the creatures in the opening seasons. Then again we have gone from the creatures being the humans who died but who returned, to the creatures being mutated humans who need to breath and who can bleed to death.

And the church with the hole in the ground that the creatures seem to be using as their new home? Meh just another sign for me that the writers don't know what they are trying to do with the creatures.

To date we have had LA as Ground Zero for the outbreak, we also have had the news reports on TV saying it was a worldwide outbreak, we have had Kalani confirm there was an outbreak in Hawaii, and at Irwin they found out the outbreak was all over the US as well as abroad.

I'm back to hoping the creatures kill everyone :D, but we know from seasons one and two that certain characters survive due to them recounting stuff from their diarys in a manner that suggests they were talking about it all as if it had all ended. The diary pieces for characters like Angel never had him talking as if he made it to the very end.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

So the zombies are coming out of the hellmouth below the abandoned church? I hope buffy can save the day!

Is it just me, or does everything hope says come out as a petulant whine?

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »
    So the zombies are coming out of the hellmouth below the abandoned church? I hope buffy can save the day!

Is it just me, or does everything hope says come out as a petulant whine?

I want Hope to get eaten by a behemoth. :D

Now that you have mentioned Buffy, maybe WA will have a musical episode. :D:D:D

Hark now

Hark now

Verily tis a NEW EPISODE DAY

Yeah, this hospital storyline isn't agreeing with me, seems a really stupid idea. If someone was critically injured and then Lizzy went into labour then that'd be somewhat okay.

And judging by the name of the chapter we're probably loosing someone and the child will finally be born. So who'll it be? Datu looks the obvious choice so I'd say not. Lizzy in childbirth? Or the Burt sacrifice? Scratch is making an appearance since they made a deal of saying the location over the radio.

muff03 wrote: »
    Yeah, this hospital storyline isn't agreeing with me, seems a really stupid idea. If someone was critically injured and then Lizzy went into labour then that'd be somewhat okay.

And judging by the name of the chapter we're probably loosing someone and the child will finally be born. So who'll it be? Datu looks the obvious choice so I'd say not. Lizzy in childbirth? Or the Burt sacrifice? Scratch is making an appearance since they made a deal of saying the location over the radio.

Yep they said the name of the location over the radio in yesterday's episode, but the also did it in the episode from two weeks ago and they gave out the location over the radio and over the landline (they left a message on the answering machine with the location) so not exactly the most security focused folk. :)

Funny how the supposed chain of communication is suddenly gone though. They made a big deal of saying that the comms would be still up and running despite the leaving of the Colony. The Scratch appearance I think they telegraphed thanks to them really overstating the fact they were leaving the address on the answering machine as well as constantly saying it over the radio.

Also the underground tunnel thing. If they only walked a mile in the tunnel to get to the Arena then how did they not know they were that close to the Arena when they first went to the church? Fair enough Vic might not be familar with the area, but Michael and Datu would have been on that side of the city before.

Also (but I will have to check an older episode to be sure) how is it they came up in the arena, albeit an arena with some damage and debris, when the arena was meant to have been blown to pieces in season two? Seem to recall that the Mallers (when they had Lizzie with them) brought a number of oil tankers rigged with explosives to the arena and BOOOOM!. Also seem to recall discussion between Michael & co saying the Arena had been flattened and that they had checked out the ruins of the place a number of times when searching for Ink. Surely a big entrance to a tunnel would have been something they would have found if they searched the ruins.

Am still thinking that Vic might be the one to bite the bullet though. Think the arena was not a massive distance from the hospital, and now that Vic, Michael and Datu are above ground their radio should be fine. Something about the speech Saul gave Vic about looking after Lizzie and the baby a month or so ago made me think that Vic will get it trying to save Saul/Lizzie/baby.

NEW EPISODE DAY

Will be baby finally be born? Will the behemoth be asked to be it's godfather?

What kind of property insurance did the arena have?

Will Datu ever just die?

Just how exactly did they manage to evacuate pretty much the entire colony so quickly with one helicopter and a supposed shortage of gas for the ground vehicles?

All these questions and many many more will* be answered in today's episode.

*Probably not :p

Better episode than normal. The pacing seemed improved, and some of the sound effects and musical cues actually added to the episode for a change.

Did laugh when the pile of bodies and body parts in the arena was still intact though. They were all uninfected humans and as such should really have decomposed quite a bit in the close to a year ( in series time rather than real time) that has passed since Angel and Riley hid there.

The behemoths puzzle me a little in how they are portrayed. In some past episodes they were able to keep pace with a moving truck, and in some they seem to move at closer to human speed.

Michael's comment at the end about Ink/Bill Roberts is another thing that went slightly against what we already know. If we are back to Ink being the creator of the creatures ( funnily enough they were referred to as zombies by Michael this week, after it long being established that they are actually air breathing, need food to survive and actually alive), then the nationwide and worldwide outbreaks that were reported on the TV channels could not have all happened at the same time.

Next week should see someone die though. The life and death name to the chapter does suggest that the baby is the life part. I think Kelly is now safe from dying because of the fact a passage from her diary describing the behemoth attack was played, and the only way she could have written that passage into her diary was if she survived the hospital saga.

Am expecting Scratch and her gang to arrive though and then Burt and Riley to arrive. But am now thinking that one group turns up at the arena and one group turns up at the hospital.

Still think that Victor is going to get it.

Another thing that crossed my mind was the possibility of Skittles showing up. Has been a loooooong time since he last showed up (season 2) and he would recognise Datu and Riley as being friendly because he has met both before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Kess73 wrote: »
    Next week should see someone die though. The life and death name to the chapter does suggest that the baby is the life part.
    Still think that Victor is going to get it.

Datu is on his way out, he's either gonna turn completely and join the hordes or Michael will go through with his promise at/before that point. I reckon that's the "death" in the chapter title.
    I don't see why we'd spend a huge chunk of the last chapter saying goodbye to him if he's only gonna end up hanging around for ages afterwards.

Not saying Victor mightn't go as well, but Datu's death is a given at this point.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Datu is on his way out, he's either gonna turn completely and join the hordes or Michael will go through with his promise at/before that point. I reckon that's the "death" in the chapter title.
    I don't see why we'd spend a huge chunk of the last chapter saying goodbye to him if he's only gonna end up hanging around for ages afterwards.

Not saying Victor mightn't go as well, but Datu's death is a given at this point.

Think they might drag out the Datu storyline a bit longer actually. He even seems to be getting stronger as time goes by. If we think back to a few days after he was bitten, he was weak and was having trouble standing.

Now he is walking about normally, and having less and less by way of weak spells.

Have a feeling that Datu is a red herring with regards to the chapter title. Given how close we are to the live chapter and then the series finale that will follow that chapter, I think Datu will be around a bit longer at the very least.

NEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEW

Yep it may be time for something new today :D

So is Datu actually dead? Is Lizzie actually dead?

Wil one or both come back?

Will Ink come after Saul's baby? My first thoughts were that Ink would want the baby to make a new little one, or that the baby would be different because of Saul's condition. Then the latter idea made no sense because Lizzie was pregnant long before the Mallers caused the tower to collapse, and Saul have the iv line attached to him when he and Burt were out searching for Lizzie, so she would have been pregnant before Saul was shot with the bullet that had Tommy's blood on it.

Biut still think the baby will be a target for Ink.

The behemoth in the hospital was a bit odd. Will have to listen back, but when the original hospital chase happened ( Burt, Kalani, Riley, and Angel) they were able to escape the big ones because only the regular sized ones could get to the roof after them, but last night the behemoth was able to get to the roof.

Michael's comment about Angel struck me as odd as well. Why would he ask Victor if Angel said when he was at the arena? None of them had even met Victor back then (they did not even know about the Colony at that point) and am pretty sure that Michael himself (was when Angel saw Michael for the first time after the Waterworks incident) was in one of the vehicles that came to rescue Angel & Co after the Arena stuff. Is the second time in the past few episodes that Michael has asked a question about Angel that he should have known himself. New writers on the show maybe?

All in all though it was still a decent episode, well compared to the majority of episodes from last season and this season it was.

• Advertisement

Yeah, enjoyed that. With this being the final season, the end has to start coming at some stage. KC has a blog up talking about the planning behind the episode where he makes it fairly clear that they are both dead, so there's that.

The baby and Ink thing seems like a definite now with the emphasis they put in finding the pregnant dead one in the arena. Maybe the sacrifice will happen with that so, cause there's obviously a sacrifice death going to happen. Just fits the character arcs of Burt and Vic with Saul.

Also, and its a small thing, but did anyone else feel that Datu just......died? Like he was grand, a little but spooked and sad about Samantha, and then......uh, crap, dead? For something that's being going on with 2 (?) chapters and roughly 2 hours of listening it happened all of a sudden. Like you said Kess, he was even getting stronger this whole time, then suddenly he's dead?

Only thing I hope doesn't happen is we get a whole chapter of grieving. I know its two main characters but time is of the essence now, they need to keep things moving.

Given how few chapters are left, I get the feeling that a hell of a lot of stuff from the earlier seasons are going to go unanswered/unresolved.

Am never going to find out more about the aquatic creatures that popped up for one epsiode :mad:

And we are still waiting for the "take the fight to them" stuff that ended season three to actually happen. Am guessing that special bomb that they still have from season three will be set off in the final chapter. Maybe someone has to stay behind to set it off manually and that will be the big sacrifice play

NEW EPISODE DAY.

Chapter 45 should be starting today.

Might be some big gaps between episodes in the coming weeks/months.

July 19th will see the premiere of the series finale (chapter 48), and going by their website the broadcasting of the live episode (chapter 47) will be on the same day. The Itunes etc download versions will come out on the 21st July.

So that possibly means we only have two chapters between now, 21st April, and the finale event on the 19th July. So if there is an episode today, and they stick to three episodes per chapter, then after today we will only have five episodes during the the 13 weeks until the finale event.

So any thoughts on the latest episode?

Felt it was a bit meh after the recent improvements in episode quality.

Getting bored of Ink being some sort of mastermind Bond villan style baddie. The tunnel already being sealed up was a bit of an OTT moment for me. Ink can be that much ahead of the lads, yet takes the time/effort to fill in a tunnel rather than just taking them out when there were only two of them.

Was half expecting him to be waiting there sitting on a chair with a white cat on his lap, just eager to explain his evil masterplan to the two lads.

The Burt/Riley bit felt a bit tacked on, especially seeing as it was set before the deaths of Datu and Lizzie. Just felt like a very very long way to explain why they did not respond to the radio calls for help, and also to work Scratch into the picture again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Awful episode. If they're not gearing up for a proper face-off with Scratch in this chapter, I'll be really disappointed.

At least it was confirmed by Bert that Lizzie and Datu are both properly dead, no lingering storylines there.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Awful episode. If they're not gearing up for a proper face-off with Scratch in this chapter, I'll be really disappointed.

At least it was confirmed by Bert that Lizzie and Datu are both properly dead, no lingering storylines there.

I wonder if they are, because the Burt/Riley bits in the first episode are from Burt's diary of what happened, and they often use these flashbacks heavily in bridging chapters.

Have a feeling that Scratch will be alive until at least the live chapter (chapter 47), but think it more likely that she will make the finale and that they will try to neatly end it all then. Still am of the thinking that the "special" creature killing bomb that they have had since they fled Fort Irwin in season three will be the great leveller and that someone will have to stay with the bomb to activate it manually after something goes wrong with the controls.

Very much a set up episode, but gladly not dwelling on the deaths. Hopefully the fact that Burt is talking a bit ahead of things means we might catch up with everyone else after things have moved on a small bit, maybe meet back up with Saul at Lizzy's grave, rather than actually going through the whole burial bit.

One thing lads, don't rule out Scratch surviving yet! The 'her reading the diaries after the end' theory is still in play! Although with Datu gone, and Hope's eyes having been worked on in season 3, I feel it might be her reading about everything, and not Scratch.

NEW EPISODE DAY

I think :)

Edit: It is. The latest episode is on itunes now.

Another set up episode after last week's "cliffhanger" gets sorted out with a few lines from CJ.

Funny how they had plenty of "microwave" communication devices for all the convoys, but a number of episodes back they were saying that CJ would not be contactable due to being with the convoy.

No attacks on the convoys by any of the creatures either. Pretty handy that convoys making noise attracted no creature attention, or how an undefended colony attracts no attention.

And why the hell are people working on the well/water pump if they are all leaving the convoy? When Datu was infected they had him working on it (and saying he was the only one who could figure it out), so now we have others back working on a well/pump that will get to sit idle even if it gets done?

Leaving Dunbar empty seems a pretty stupid move too. Am assuming when CJ said they would hear it if anyone got in means the places was rigged with explosives rather than it being alarmed. Nice of her to not mention anything before to those that went there to live after she kicked then out of the Colony.

Also seems a dumb move to stay in the undefended Colony, complete with it's wide open spaces, when a fortified base like Dunbar exists. What odds that Ink or Scratch have been there since and taken it over and maybe the robot bomb and CJ's never before mentioned explosives blow them all up neatly?

• Advertisement

So another new episode and yet another dull attempt at a set up episode.

Seems the last three episodes all built towards a cliffhanger only for the next episode to go nowhere.

Only three chapters left in the entire series now, and we are back to limping towards the end again.

Advertisement