Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

unknown13 wrote: »
    Dana is making an announcement on ESPN in the US shortly. Somehow I think this will revolve around Rousey / Tate and Silva / Weidman.

Yupp, silva weidman 2 with rousey tate co main event on dec 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp, silva weidman 2 with rousey tate co main event on dec 28th

That's going to do serious numbers on PPV I reckon. Silva Weidman II is a major draw and will be hyped beyond belief. Let's face it, if Silva loses again he may well retire, or at the least his status as the world's best will be well gone so the UFC will want to milk this for all it's worth.

On top of that, I'd expect Rousey vs Tate to draw well. They'll be coming off a historic TUF, one which I suspect will bring in major viewing figures too due to the mainstream Rousey factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

DrPhilG wrote: »
    On top of that, I'd expect Rousey vs Tate to draw well. They'll be coming off a historic TUF, one which I suspect will bring in major viewing figures too due to the mainstream Rousey factor.

And the fact that both can't bare the look of each other aswell.

The two fights could both have primetime on their own also. This is probably the first time that has happened since UFC started doing UFC primetime.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I didn't know that. Well he's a likeable guy and he's good on camera so he'll always be needed for stuff like that.
    And yeah he does seem like he'd be a good politician. He's a very good speaker.
    And I have to say, I always admired him for the work he does for army vets. He mentioned it a few times in post fight interviews. He seems to be doing it purely out of the goodness of his heart rather than for recognition.
    I wish him the best of luck anyway.

There's the link if you want to read it

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/07/ufcs-brian-stann-added-to-fox-sports-souths-acc-football-crew

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Jizzear

Bisping seems a very bad style matchup for munoz, he has theoritically better stand-up, is really hard to take/keep down and 5 rounder should also suit bisping from what people say about his cardio

• Advertisement

Conor McGregor posted a pic of himself beside dana whites ferrari and 'parking job' at UFC HQ haha. Some car though!

conn.jpg

Not MMA but fairly funny, Joe Rogan discovers Hurling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

Ha ha gas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Anyone else thinking of going over to the ufc in manchester? runoured to be 26thoct. Cant find flights much cheaper than 100e and 90e for the chepest ticket means it wont be cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

adamski8 wrote: »
    Anyone else thinking of going over to the ufc in manchester? runoured to be 26thoct. Cant find flights much cheaper than 100e and 90e for the chepest ticket means it wont be cheap!

I'm hoping Conor gets on the card it's a bit soon after Boston but I he mite get the call for it.
    Then ill be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Any idea what episode that's from? Is it the most recent one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtewc68ut8o

Before the half hour mark for the Hurling clip.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Can't find flights to Manchester any cheaper than €260. Not worth it for me. the whole weekend would cost me about €500-€600.

Still steaming about the Superbowl event being moved from Las Vegas to New Jersey for the first time in 10 years. They decide this after I've booked my flights :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Try flights to Liverpool and get the tain to Manchester, its only 40 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Gilbert Grape

I put that video up on Joe's forum a few weeks back,in an extreme sport thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Still really expensive for me (live in Malta). Cheapest I've found is €144 to Bournemouth but that's bloody miles away.

Not sure where youz all live, but last time I checked flights from Belfast to Manchester were about £70.

United are at home on the same day which is a pain. If I want to go to the match I'd have to leave before the final whistle and still miss a prelim or 2.

Liverpool is more expensive!

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Not sure where youz all live, but last time I checked flights from Belfast to Manchester were about £70.

United are at home on the same day which is a pain. If I want to go to the match I'd have to leave before the final whistle and still miss a prelim or 2.

You cant be sure if united will be on that day or at 3pm. Usually tv fixtures mean the game times are changed.

I think uniteds home games hike up the price big time.

You cant be sure if united will be on that day or at 3pm. Usually tv fixtures mean the game times are changed.

I think uniteds home games hike up the price big time.

TV fixtures are already set. United vs Stoke on the Saturday at 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

As Dr Phil says, flights will be stupid prices due to United being at home, cheapest and simplest way would be Rail and Sail, leaving Dublin Port at 08:05, getting into Holyhead around 11:25, train from Holyhead straight to Manchester, getting in there around 3pm.

Cost is 90Euro return, use R&S all the time, it's great

Conor bombing around Vegas with Dana in his Ferarri. Fair play to Conor, living the dream! The fight with Holloway is gonne be f*cking tense to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

Conor bombing around Vegas with Dana in his Ferarri. Fair play to Conor, living the dream! The fight with Holloway is gonne be f*cking tense to watch!

Mad as a brush :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jaysus, forgot that Robert Drysdale is making his debut. Should be an easy win for him

Not any more.

Staph.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,489 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mellor wrote: »
    Not any more.

Staph.

Saw that pop up on facebook. Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Was checkin out Saturdays card...

Cruikshank v Yves Edwards on Sat !
    It'll be like Street Fighter meets Mortal Kombat ..here's a highlight of Edwards I was watchin today.

Never quite made it at the very top but he's been part of the MMA fabric for a decade, everybody knows him and is still goin at 36 after 12 years and 61 Pro MMA fights.

42 wins including 16 finishes by strikes as well as 17 wins by submission. Has had 17 UFC fights. The Guys a legend.

He's 4 and 3 in his current UFC run right now so really needs this win to make a statement at the latter end of his career.. could be his last UFC fight if he loses I reckon considering his age etc
    Cruikshank was being hyped up no end and deservedly so, until his run was cut short in his last fight in which he looked pretty poor IMO, but the guys got serious skills when he's on form if he could just settle down and employ his strategy.

Good match up on an otherwise not great card.

Hope Jake knocks out McDondald big time, but Rory is THE beast of the 170's.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Little known fact:

Yves Edwards got his first fight when he turned up to a local fight show to meet Bas Rutten. One of Rutten's fighters pulled out at the last minute and, despite being severely undersized, Yves begged for the opportunity.

Bas let him fight and cornered him. He won.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

that is pretty fukin awesome to be fair !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Lads anyone know when tickets will be released for this Manchester show? Are they likely to be snapped up fairly quickly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Fcuk knows, is the event still 100% confirmed? Last i heard that idiot Zelaznik was telling people NOT to book hotels etc as it wasn't confirmed, and that's the first time he's ever taken fans into account.

And as for it selling out, i doubt it, if you get the presale password ya should be fine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement