Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The bible is bullsh1t

Options
  • 09-11-2009 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I think its time for this forum to close. We are wasting our time posting here, and any dialogue we have with believers is a waste of time.

Our message to you believers is that there is no God, divine being, or a creator. We cannot have any type of conversation with you any more, because trying to have a debate where you quote bible passages as proof is preposterous.

I am an Atheist, the bible is a complete work of fiction.
    If the bible is a complete work of fiction then religion is too.

So Far this is what I have concluded.

The Old testament is Jewish - Muslim (Abe) in origin and is around 5,500 years old, and has stemmed from superstition.

It was rewritten as NT by men?? (women?) as Gospels between 1,000BC and 450AD, and they interpreted themselves what God really meant to say.

The church destroyed the majority of these gospels as they contradicted each other or they were heretical, and kept just 4. These 4 were written about a guy who had 4 brothers and 2 sisters, 90 to 300+ years after he was alive and quoted as fact.

They were translated from many different languages where so called experts today are still arguing over word meanings. The 4 gospels they kept completely contradict each other and this has resulted in over 35,000 types of christianity that exists now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

*Needs 2 do Moar Studyz*

In before the locks..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I think its time for this forum to close.
    Maybe we can start by closing this thread?

Ahh Gawdammit was this moved, or have I mixed the forums up?
    yet again:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Ok OP. Whatever you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

talkingdog wrote: »
    I think its time for this forum to close. We are wasting our time posting here, and any dialogue we have with believers is a waste of time.

The forum is an atheist forum. Which means a gathering of people who lack belief in God/gods. Which doesn't mean you don't believe in something else. So go discuss the 'something else'. Or are you suggesting that the raison d'etre for an atheist forum is countering others belief in God/gods.

Isn't that a rather negative thing? Is there no positive reason for atheists to discuss with each other?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

Our message to you believers is that there is no God, divine being, or a creator. We cannot have any type of conversation with you any more, because trying to have a debate where you quote bible passages as proof is preposterous.

I am an Atheist, the bible is a complete work of fiction.

If the bible is a complete work of fiction then religion is too.

So Far this is what I have concluded.

The Old testament is Jewish - Muslim (Abe) in origin and is around 5,500 years old, and has stemmed from superstition.

It was rewritten as NT by men?? (women?) as Gospels between 1,000BC and 450AD, and they interpreted themselves what God really meant to say.

The church destroyed the majority of these gospels as they contradicted each other or they were heretical, and kept just 4. These 4 were written about a guy who had 4 brothers and 2 sisters, 90 to 300+ years after he was alive and quoted as fact.

They were translated from many different languages where so called experts today are still arguing over word meanings. The 4 gospels they kept completely contradict each other and this has resulted in over 35,000 types of christianity that exists now.

Yeah, that's telling them. Let's have Bible burning day to celebrate this great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 talkingdog

The forum is an atheist forum. Which means a gathering of people who lack belief in God/gods.

To paraphrase Bill Bailey

Welcome to Atheism class

There is no god,

see you next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Can this thread be stickied?

PDN wrote: »
    Can this thread be stickied?

Only if you sticky it in your forum too:p

Seriously, wasn't this posted in Christianity??:confused:

Yeah, that's telling them. Let's have Bible burning day to celebrate this great news.

Great that way, we'll not only piss off some Christians, but we'll also piss off some nutty environmentalists.
    Two for the price of one.
    Sounds like a good deal to me.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I really hope you have a newsletter. Sign me up, NOW!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I think its time for this forum to close.
    What, and lose my exalted position as moderator?

Nuts to that!

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement