Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Merc Estate conversion to van

• 28-02-2013 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

guy's, does anyone know if big Merc estates can be converted to commercial ?
    I know they would have a fairly massive load area.
    I am particularly interested in converting a W124 TE

thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭shooter88

Yep..rip out the back seats
    Put in a full length floor in back
    Remove seatbelts
    Weld up any seatbelt holes
    Get it weigjed
    Bring it in for a doe
    Go to tax office and tax it commercial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

As above but you have to have the vehicle examined by "A Suitably Qualified Individual" and have the following form filled out
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vrt/forms/index.html

and it goes to the Customs in Rosslare.

And I'd go for a 300D multi valve auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

trad wrote: »
    And I'd go for a 300D E300 Diesel multi valve auto.
    I would not rule out a manual one for a lot better fuel economy, however they are very hard to come by in RHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭shooter88

trad wrote: »
    As above but you have to have the vehicle examined by "A Suitably Qualified Individual" and have the following form filled out
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vrt/forms/index.html

and it goes to the Customs in Rosslare.

And I'd go for a 300D multi valve auto.
    Is that not just for imports?I'm pretty sure its different rules if it is a Irish car..
    If it is a import you will also have to take out rear windows(not rear window) and install either steel/plastic /fiberglass etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

shooter88 wrote: »
    Yep..rip out the back seats
    Put in a full length floor in back
    Remove seatbelts
    Weld up any seatbelt holes
    Get it weigjed
    Bring it in for a doe
    Go to tax office and tax it commercial

Sounds like a bit too much work to be fair. Better off with just a van !
    Seweryn wrote: »
    I would not rule out a manual

No No No - Merc and Manual is a total no no, the worst manual gearbox and clutch set up ever - it comes across being a total afterthought in development.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

shooter88 wrote: »
    Is that not just for imports?I'm pretty sure its different rules if it is a Irish car..
    If it is a import you will also have to take out rear windows(not rear window) and install either steel/plastic /fiberglass etc..

CONVERSION OF A REGISTERED VEHICLE, I.E. ONE WITH AN IRISH REGISTRATION NUMBER:- A vehicle owner, to declare the conversion of a registered vehicle, i.e. one with an Irish registration number, must post this Declaration of Conversion, together with the related Suitably Qualified Individual declaration, and other supporting documents (please see Notes), to FREEPOST, Central Vehicle Office, Revenue Commissioners, Rosslare Harbour, Co. Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Heres the actual form, you'll be going from AC to BB.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vrt/forms/vehicle-conversion-declaration.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

How much is one of these "Suitably Qualified Individual declaration" likely to charge for their time ?

Advertisement