Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards league round 4 19/2/2012 8.30ish

• 14-02-2012 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

............. P W L
    TIG....... 3 3 0
    Alpha.... 2 1 1
    Delta.... 2 1 1
    Craggy.. 3 0 3

Fixtures
    Week 1
    Alpha vs Delta PP
    TIG vs CI

Week 2
    Delta vs TIG
    Alpha vs CI

Week 3
    Alpha vs TIG
    Delta vs CI

Week 4
    Alpha vs Delta
    CI vs TIG

Week 5
    TIG vs Delta
    Alpha vs CI

Week 6
    Delta vs CI
    Tig vs Alpha

Alpha vs Delta TBC

Sunday 19th 8.30ish

TIG vs CI
    TIG Match Server

Boards Alpha vs Delta
    Boards server hopefully?

Settings:

SHOW HUD On
    TEAM BALANCE On
    BULLET DAMAGE MODIFIER IN % 100
    SHOW MINIMAP On
    3P VEHICLE CAM On
    VEHICLES On
    REGENERATIVE HEALTH OFF
    OF TK BEFORE PLAYER IS KICKED 10
    KILL CAM OFF
    USE MINIMAP SPOTTING On
    PLAYER HEALTH IN % 100
    PLAYER MAN DOWN TIME IN % 100
    FRIENDLY FIRE On
    USE 3D SPOTTING On
    SHOW ENEMY NAME TAGS On
    KICK IDLE PLAYER AFTER SECONDS 300
    BAN PLAYER AFTER OF KICKS 5
    PLAYER RESPAWN TIME IN % 5
    ONLY SQUAD LEADER SPAWN ON

If a team short, its the gentlemanly thing for the other team to drop players. Subs allowed at any time. This is for fun so no need for any shíte ie spawn raping(unless a team is pushed back). Noob tubning constantly MAV whoring etc:

Squad leaders can sort out TS Mumble with the team beforehand and tactics, pick squads etc: We have numerous servers on offer so ensure your team know which one. For the boards teams i suggest they open a thread with any details required in.

Maps:

Karkand Conquest 200 tickets 32 man mode
    Karkand Rush Default Tickets

Both Squad leaders must confirm ticket totals after the match. Be it in screenshot form or a post, screenshot prefered. The tickets will be combined and the winners are the one with the most tickets COMBINED from all 4 rounds.

Teams:

Boards Alpha Squad

1. Squad Leader: mick-fitz8585 (mickfitz-Irish)
    2. Kefa (Kweeveen)
    3. Creature (DrNeptunious)
    4. Dublin_Gunner (Dublin_Gunner)
    5. Dazza (DazaStrike_IRL)
    6. ... (stoned2dabone)

Boards Delta Squad
    1. Squad Leader Ktulu123 (imawesome1987)
    2. Dreamers75 (kdjac)
    3. Igster
    4. AnCapaillMor
    5. EIRELEGEND
    6. Seantheman
    7. Kittenrescue
    8. DOW
    9. DOW
    10. Jigsaw124
    11. Shiminay
    12. Soul Assassin IRE
    13. Umpsfar

The Irish Guard
    1. Squad Leader Fairy
    2. Balloon Spider
    3. Syco
    4. Jim
    5. Ark
    6. Lucutus
    7. Fran
    8. Abe
    9. Karma
    10. Wagg
    11. Bratprince
    12. d22ontour
    13.Spacedog
    14.James74
    15.Woden

Craggy Island
    1. Squad Leader Airblazer
    2. Yanklink
    3. Joeface
    4. Excalibur
    5. Mr Daz
    6. Zeke
    7. Dr Astro
    8. Sniperpaddy
    9. Bluedraz
    10. Plaguemarine
    11. Krysaenaar
    12.ShamrockOverlord

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Cool..I'll configure the craggy server for our match..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Blazer wrote: »
    Cool..I'll configure the craggy server for our match..
    Wait til Sunday will ya! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Who has control over the boards server?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kefa

This is Boards Alpha Squad. Most of those listed played in the two fixtures that we've played so far.

Boards Alpha Squad

1. Squad Leader: mick-fitz8585 (mickfitz-Irish)
    2. Kefa (Kweeveen)
    3. Creature (DrNeptunious)
    4. djrichard (djrichardgrant)
    5. ... (stoned2dabone)
    6. ... (razercoku)
    7. ... (1Rottweiler)
    8. ... (tOMMy1207)

Anyone who can play on Sunday is welcome to join. Be on Teamspeak for 8.30 on Sunday.

Boards.ie Teamspeak server details

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Who has control over the boards server?

Shiminay and Cherryghost I think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Shiminay and Cherryghost I think

Just Shim I'm afraid :o Think I'm actually around all Sunday evening this week. My usual Sunday night activity has been pushed back to Saturday night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Just Shim I'm afraid :o Think I'm actually around all Sunday evening this week. My usual Sunday night activity has been pushed back to Saturday night :P

If you can make it jump boards ts between 8-830 more the merrier :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

If you can make it jump boards ts between 8-830 more the merrier :D

Yep no bother! Will be around most of the week (except tonight ;)) if anyone wants a messabout on an empty-ish server

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Add ZBCH to TiG please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

cani ask how the maps are picked?

only wondering as the same teams are playin the same maps against each other again from the first round.

well conquest map anyway..

im sure people wont mind, but think some may prefer a different map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Was wondering the same, craggy and tig only played the 1st round. Shouldn't it be the bazaar\kharg combo. We still have to play the karkand combo with alpha.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Good friendly match with Craggy. They almost got the fabled win in the last round but it wasn't to be :P

Good friendly match with Craggy. They almost got the fabled win in the last round but it wasn't to be :P
    I was waiting to snipe mick-fitz if he so decided to get out and repair his tank, but it wasn't to be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    cani ask how the maps are picked?

only wondering as the same teams are playin the same maps against each other again from the first round.

well conquest map anyway..

im sure people wont mind, but think some may prefer a different map.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056528652

We didn't get to attack Kharg, I was disappointed.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    We didn't get to attack Kharg, I was disappointed.

tonight dude :)

Blazer wrote: »
    tonight dude :)
    I won't be around until probably 10 or possibly later...not sure yet. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

I was wondering, when this leaderboard is going to man-up and start using hardcore settings such as 60% players health and no gay crosshairs! I mean really, why do we use crosshairs at all? If you really need aiming assistance other than looking down the scope, use a red dot sight.

I think the game is MUCH better with 60% health, having to almost empty an entire magazine into someone to kill them is a bit much. Ive strughgled because Im so used to hardcore settings, so I am able to usually kill 3 people before reloading, now, unless Im good enough to get a headshot, Im finding Im having to reload ALL the time, and thats usually just when the enemy pops around the corner and wipes me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

I can kill 3 people with one clip in "softcore as they say" easy enough and then theres your hand gun for when you run out mid fight which again can kill up to 3 people so thats 6 at most in softcore without reloading.

If you come up against 6 people your going to die so no need to worry about reloading lol.

I find with hardcore its just a load of people camping and spraying or tones of sniper's which just gets annoying when you try move from flag to flag

I can kill 3 people with one clip in "softcore as they say" easy enough and then theres your hand gun for when you run out mid fight which again can kill up to 3 people so thats 6 at most in softcore without reloading.

If you come up against 6 people your going to die so no need to worry about reloading lol.

I find with hardcore its just a load of people camping and spraying or tones of sniper's which just gets annoying when you try move from flag to flag

You dont count Mick. Your stats speak for themselves and I saw you play in the Boards games. You play way above average,so you must be better at accurately aiming than myself.

I very very rarely ever switch to pistol, I dont know why not. I often struggle because Im left handed and have the keyboard over to the side. So much so, that I bought a set of Scythe foot switches which Ive used to duplicate my numbers 1-3. That way I could switch quickly between pistol etc, but Ive found I just use it for using turbo in vehicles (I changed default for this purpose) and switching weapons in ground and air vehicles.

How do I train my mind to change something Im now used to? As soon as Im out of ammo, I instinctively go for reload, rather than selecting pistol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

djrichard wrote: »
    I was wondering, when this leaderboard is going to man-up and start using hardcore settings such as 60% players health and no gay crosshairs! I mean really, why do we use crosshairs at all? If you really need aiming assistance other than looking down the scope, use a red dot sight.

I think the game is MUCH better with 60% health, having to almost empty an entire magazine into someone to kill them is a bit much. Ive strughgled because Im so used to hardcore settings, so I am able to usually kill 3 people before reloading, now, unless Im good enough to get a headshot, Im finding Im having to reload ALL the time, and thats usually just when the enemy pops around the corner and wipes me out.

You need to play Arma 2 :p

I use a logitech g9x as my mouse and have the tilt left and tilt right functions of the wheel set to pistol and rifle which allows me to switch weapons swiftly..
    Have about 600 kills or so with pistols as I love using them and depending how near the enemy are to me will switch to pistol rather than reload...
    Practise using your pistol and you'll notice a big difference.

Hardcore is really for people that can't aim properly and I find that I really hate it in Battlefield as it means everyone just camps and snipes or take potshots at each other.
    I wouldn't mind but I loved hardcore mode in COD...probably for the easy kills it brought me I suppose :D

Plus I'm left handed but play right handed..funny but it's just the way I saw people using the keyboard and mouse and just did the same..

Your opinion, and it's not a leaderboard, not like clanbase or anything.
    Tryin to keep it as close to vanilla as possible.
    Everyone has their own personal preferences.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

You dont count Mick. Your stats speak for themselves and I saw you play in the Boards games. You play way above average,so you must be better at accurately aiming than myself.

I very very rarely ever switch to pistol, I dont know why not. I often struggle because Im left handed and have the keyboard over to the side. So much so, that I bought a set of Scythe foot switches which Ive used to duplicate my numbers 1-3. That way I could switch quickly between pistol etc, but Ive found I just use it for using turbo in vehicles (I changed default for this purpose) and switching weapons in ground and air vehicles.

How do I train my mind to change something Im now used to? As soon as Im out of ammo, I instinctively go for reload, rather than selecting pistol!

Battlefield has no home for hardcore mode, devs should just have left it out. BF games used to be special, but each release dilutes whatever it was that made the franchise so great.

So meh!

DJRichard we get it that you dig hardcore, you've told us enough times :p !

If I'm honest I'd like something in between, ie more bullet damage and no 3d spotting, oh and 6 man squads. The rest is fairly spot on imo.

TheFairy wrote: »
    DJRichard we get it that you dig hardcore, you've told us enough times :p !

If I'm honest I'd like something in between, ie more bullet damage and no 3d spotting, oh and 6 man squads. The rest is fairly spot on imo.

Can you imagine 6 man squads? Would be utterly amazing. Does anyone know if there is a way in TS where it would be possible that the squad leader could use a different push to talk button and be able to communicate with either the squad leader of another channel, or the entire other channel? It would be a great way to reduce confusion with everyone talking at once and shouting "behind you" and the entire squad turn around. It would mean that the team is still all in touch with each other if required.

Can you imagine 6 man squads? Would be utterly amazing. Does anyone know if there is a way in TS where it would be possible that the squad leader could use a different push to talk button and be able to communicate with either the squad leader of another channel, or the entire other channel? It would be a great way to reduce confusion with everyone talking at once and shouting "behind you" and the entire squad turn around. It would mean that the team is still all in touch with each other if required.

it's called whispering in TS...check it out on their site..I'll post link later on when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

yeah able to set something like that up in ventrilo.
    you able to set a push to talk button that will only speak a a particular person, or people i think.

not too sure about cross channel though.

so i would say teamspeak can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

In TS just set up different channels for every squad, then have two buttons. One to talk to channel and one to talk to whole server. It's can work pretty well actually, especially if you good squad leaders and limit talk to whole server to just them.

• Advertisement

If you play enough with the same peeps then TS starts to get organised itself, ie peeps start to only communicate what they need too. I never liked moving peeps to different channels, if everyone hears what someone has to say then there are far more people who can act on it.

Advertisement