Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dynavin in car Sat Nav etc

• 22-12-2011 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My current car doesn't have an Aux in for music and despite having a 6 disc I just cannot get used to not having my own music.

I'm toying with the idea of changing the whole car ( I always am ) but think maybe a Dynavin DVD/NAV etc unit might make the car more liveable with.
    I emailed some bloke on ebay selling them with 0 response ( what customer service ! ). Has anyone here any experience of these ?

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I quite fancy the android OS versions. They look OEM but have better graphics and UIs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,574 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hi Rob,

unsure of what you are driving at the moment but can only comment on what ive seen in the BMW E46 models.

dynavin have x2 Operating systems on these units presently. one is Windows OS the other Android.

The windows has been operating for quite a while very successfully and has functions like ipod integration, bluetooth, sat nav cd video etc. Quite a stable platform by all accounts.

The Android is younger at around 12 months old now. Theyre have been some updated models of this lately depending on vehicle but the platform has come of age compared to original beta testing. however i would think it is for more the technical user. someone who is not afraid to reset the OS and address firmware updates and roms. Its not the same stable level of the Windows above but has a lot more to give in the long run (depending on what you want)

E46fanatics.com has a registered supplier 'Jeff' who knows the units inside and out and is a pleasure to deal with but he may only deal with BMW heads. Im not totally sure. But if you looking to buy i would start with him.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Pro parts are selling both the android and windows CE versions. I'm not sure if he stocks just the BMW version, but its probably worth a try.

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showpost.php?p=389818&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Does your car have bluetooth ? You could stream your own music from a phone or iPod that way ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 33,574 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Pro parts are selling both the android and windows CE versions. I'm not sure if he stocks just the BMW version, but its probably worth a try.

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showpost.php?p=389818&postcount=1

Yeah just noticed they are doing a group buy on them, so id drop richie a line there and see if they have model for you car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

thanks lads

the Android one looks good - it really does play into my theory that one day we'll all be Android or iOS families with pretty much everything from computer, tv, microwave as well as car and phone being all either one or the other.

anyway thanks for the info lads - I will contact that lad about the units ( its a 2008 W211 Merc by the way ) I think the price may well add to the cars value as its the kind of thing people expect in such a car imo

Advertisement