Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema ennis road

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sioda wrote: »
    At avengers there last night have to day picture and sound quality and superior to any cinema in town

its not even comparable to Storm, which seems to be hellbent on showing every movie half out of focus. I'll never go there again, Showtime all the way for big movies, even the trailers look stunning picture quality wise. and no ads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭source

I also found it to be great, It was clean, it was comfortable, the picture quality was like nothing I've ever seen in a cinema before, and the sound was just right, oh and the screen was massive!! (screen 2).

I'm well impressed and will be making the trip over there more often, even though the omniplex is WAY closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Blazer wrote: »
    There last night for Avengers and loved the place...seats far more comfortable than the Omniplex..plenty of legroom.
    As someone said above the sound system was fantastic,,,really clean sounding and not blaring out ****e like in storm etc...picture quality was superb.
    krudler wrote: »
    its not even comparable to Storm, which seems to be hellbent on showing every movie half out of focus. I'll never go there again, Showtime all the way for big movies, even the trailers look stunning picture quality wise. and no ads! :D
    source wrote: »
    I also found it to be great, It was clean, it was comfortable, the picture quality was like nothing I've ever seen in a cinema before, and the sound was just right, oh and the screen was massive!! (screen 2).

I'm well impressed and will be making the trip over there more often, even though the omniplex is WAY closer.

I agree with all the above!
    Went there with my son, my baby brother and my Auld fella(His 1st 3d experience!) And I was very very happy with the place.
    The 3D glasses provided are excellent quality too...
    I have a passive 3D TV and test my glasses religiously for colour distortion and dimming and the 1euro a pair glasses there are now the best I own :)
    No yellowing and excellent brightness ;) even better than my AF-110s!
    The screen(Screen1) was huge and perfect focus :)
    Sound system is excellent!
    Seats are very comfortable and the tiering there is excellent too, no straining to see over the heads of the row in front for the kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Went to the 6:00 Avengers last night and was glad to see a good crowd there.

I saw by Screen 3 "luxury screen", ok colour me curious, what the hell is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Went to the 6:00 Avengers last night and was glad to see a good crowd there.

I saw by Screen 3 "luxury screen", ok colour me curious, what the hell is that?

leather recliners :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Went yesterday to Avengers on Screen 1. Picture quality was noticiably poor I have to say ... screen was cloudy (like as if glasses were fogged up which they weren't). Something wasn't right with it.

Had been a few weeks earlier (different 3D screen) and quality was excellent. Hopefully just a one-off problem as everything else about the place is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭menu14

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Went yesterday to Avengers on Screen 1. Picture quality was noticiably poor I have to say ... screen was cloudy (like as if glasses were fogged up which they weren't). Something wasn't right with it.

Had been a few weeks earlier (different 3D screen) and quality was excellent. Hopefully just a one-off problem as everything else about the place is great.

That is really strange as I saw the Avengers in Cork (Mahon Point) during the week and had the same problem. Wiped my glasses a few times and everything. I'm starting to think it was the film at the start was too dark, as I've heard a few people complain about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

keith_d99 wrote: »

Was there yesterday as well and thought the exact same. It didn't seem clear at all. It was first time seeing a 3D movie though so wasn't sure if that was just the way it was supposed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Voy wrote: »
    Was there yesterday as well and thought the exact same. It didn't seem clear at all. It was first time seeing a 3D movie though so wasn't sure if that was just the way it was supposed to be.

Nah definitely not ... was more noticable in the early darker scenes in the movie - couldn't make out detail at all.

It was same for the trailers before hand also.

Even without the glasses - screen was cloudy.

I was asking if The Raid is getting a release and they might get a print, hope they do, its getting rave reviews and audiences are going nuts for it, anyone with an interest in action movies should ask on Showtimes facebook and see if they get it, its gonna be amazing!

(redband trailer, NSFW)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Looks like a serious film.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LK KID

drove past the showtime cinema today and it looks unreal,LED's look savage.
    im going to see either American Pie Reunion or Dictator.which is better?both look hilarius

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

is that the cinema called showtime its open now

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LK KID

is that the cinema called showtime its open now
    ya showtime on the ennis road out by jetland.its been open a couple of weeks.im going tomorow,should be cool:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

im booking to see promentheous heard its one of the best films set for this year..

im booking to see promentheous heard its one of the best films set for this year..

should be fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Anyone else been to Showtime last couple nights? I wouldn't mind checking the place out, but a friend keeps coming across these bad reviews of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I was there Friday and have been there quite a few times since it opened.
    It is hands down the best of the cinemas in the Limerick area.
    Comfortable, clean, and with great sound/audio and decent nacho's!
    I'd like to know where your friend is finding those bad reviews...
    Cos even on this thread apart from a few people having issues with 'cloudy' 3D and some not liking the rocker seats(Personally I love 'em) I have yet to see one genuinely poor review of the venue.
    And even if I did....My personal experience of the venue says different :)
    It really is a great wee spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Went to showtime last thursday, no complaints.

Went at 6pm, quite enough.

Go for yourself and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ Devin Strong Sandbag

banie01 wrote: »
    It is hands down the best of the cinemas in the Limerick area.

+1

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Anyone else been to Showtime last couple nights? I wouldn't mind checking the place out, but a friend keeps coming across these bad reviews of the place.

I know one person who saw a movie where the screen was way too dark for a couple of minutes, and one of the times I was there the lights were left on until just after the movie started, other than that I cant recommend the place enough. all cinemas have minor issues occasionally but the sound and picture quality out there more than makes up for it, even the adverts before the movie look amazing.

they mentioned on their facebook page they're looking into doing an unlimited card, I'd get one in an instant if they did

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If your friend is finding these reviews on in the Internet, then it could be the shenanigans of people in rival cinemas. The manager of one cinema was recently site-banned after shilling on this forum, but there's every chance that kind of under-handed guerilla marketing is still happening elsewhere on-line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Thanks for the replies, all. It was some of the negative stuff posted here, and also on the showtime cinemas page on facebook. Something about the quality of the movie being bad.

They responded to two people with complaints saying the issue had been resolved, but wanted to get more feedback from people here. After all, it would be in the interest of a business to say they're not having issues any more. I guess a case could be made that its better they actually took the time to reply and didn't just delete comments. Anyway, Link.

Hoping to go see Prometheus in Showtime. Do want to give it a chance myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Miss Congeniality

I too have nothing but good things to say about this cinema. I've been a couple of times now and love it. The prices are grand, the seats soooo comfy, lots of leg room, and the staff are soooo friendly:) (and no I am not one of the employees). The only thing that I don't like is the price of the food but its about the usual as the other cinemas so can't complain really :rolleyes:

It is so much better than Storm or the omniplex - and I will not be going to either whilst Showtime is open. Long may it last :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Am I the only one who find the seats a bit odd that you have to push back pretty hard to keep it reclined or did I just have a dud ? :p

Am I the only one who find the seats a bit odd that you have to push back pretty hard to keep it reclined or did I just have a dud ? :p

nah they're like that, unless you keep pushing they just go back to their natural position, i tried to stay reclined and my feet started hurting lol

pity showtime didnt get The Raid, I saw it last night in the Omniplex and its amazing, everyone with an interest in action movies should go see it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ah, that really sucks, really annoyed me tbh.Had hopes they'd get Iron Sky in but alas, no luck.

Ah, that really sucks, really annoyed me tbh.Had hopes they'd get Iron Sky in but alas, no luck.

I think Iron Sky is getting an even more limited run, it'll probably be on dvd in a few months, pity it looks cool, Nazis in spaaaaaace

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

Thanks for the replies, all. It was some of the negative stuff posted here, and also on the showtime cinemas page on facebook. Something about the quality of the movie being bad.

They responded to two people with complaints saying the issue had been resolved, but wanted to get more feedback from people here. After all, it would be in the interest of a business to say they're not having issues any more. I guess a case could be made that its better they actually took the time to reply and didn't just delete comments. Anyway, Link.

Hoping to go see Prometheus in Showtime. Do want to give it a chance myself.

Aside from the issue I had with the screen being cloudy, couldn't fault anything else about the place. Might have just been a once-off or some specific problem with that movie. Definitely going to go back again though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Voy wrote: »
    Aside from the issue I had with the screen being cloudy, couldn't fault anything else about the place. Might have just been a once-off or some specific problem with that movie. Definitely going to go back again though.

that was the avengers 3-D?, i remember thinking the same, although i think someone else on this thread said they had the same in a different cinema.

Advertisement