Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just recently got myself the HTC One, don't have much of an interest in games really but I'd like to download something to test out the display on the One. Any recommendations? Free ideally because I'll probably uninstall it almost immediately.

Would 3dMark do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Yeah thats ideal cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Angry Birds: Star Wars 2 is out now. Good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ill never touch another Angry Birds, interesting for 5 mins when touchscreens were a novelty, nowadays pure sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Thargor wrote: »
    Ill never touch another Angry Birds, interesting for 5 mins when touchscreens were a novelty, nowadays pure sh1te.

Opinions are like Arsehloles, everybody's got one and most are full of sh1te!

I don't really mean that, I just love that saying.

Angry Birds has got a little stale and they are trying to make it better with in app purchases which just makes it more cumbersome.

That said the nostalgia hit from Angry Birds Star Wars when it first came out was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

jonski wrote: »
    Quick Office is free now and if you sign up with your google a/c you get an extra 10gig allowance bringing it to 15g in total , only until the end of the month it seems , the offer not the extra 10g , I think that lasts for 2 years or something like that . ( sorry , read about it while I was almost asleep last night )

Did it say this when you signed in? I don't seem to remember it saying anything about the extra 10GB!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

madmoe wrote: »
    Did it say this when you signed in? I don't seem to remember it saying anything about the extra 10GB!?

Yup and when I check my google drive it now says 15GB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Yup and when I check my google drive it now says 15GB

It was 15 GB before you signed up. The extra 10 GB will be added in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

It was 15 for me before as well!? Will be nice to see it go to 25GB :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

25GB? That'd be nice for free!

• Advertisement

It was 15 GB before you signed up. The extra 10 GB will be added in the coming weeks.

Didn't realize it went up to 15Gb in May

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

Best keyboard for htc one? Paid or free, whatever it takes. The stock keyboard is breaking my heart and due to some fault the google keyboard won't install on htc one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

HeadPig wrote: »
    Best keyboard for htc one? Paid or free, whatever it takes. The stock keyboard is breaking my heart and due to some fault the google keyboard won't install on htc one

SwiftKey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

SwiftKey.

+1 for SwiftKey.

I tried 3 or 4 in the early days of having an android, and I found SwiftKey to be ahead of the field. Swype had the edge on speed, but now that SwiftKey has Flow, it's the class leader imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I like swype and the beta version is free

• Registered Users Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

SwiftKey by a long long shot...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

SwiftKey.
    +1 for SwiftKey.

I tried 3 or 4 in the early days of having an android, and I found SwiftKey to be ahead of the field. Swype had the edge on speed, but now that SwiftKey has Flow, it's the class leader imo
    dulpit wrote: »

No contest. I've tried them all and Swiftkey is the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

+1 for SwiftKey.

I use Swiftkey, and the word predictions are very effective, but I couldn't quite get the hang of the flow. Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Swype for me.

It didn't seem to go well with next browser for some reason, but I'm using it now on stock, and it's flawless.
    It's edit function, with navigation arrows, copy, cut and paste options is the biz.

Horses for courses though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Used swype for ages, but then suddenly the swipe function just seemed to be getting less and less accurate and typing on it was pointless. Just using swipe Google keyboard now. Does the same job. Just works better for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

RainyDay wrote: »
    I use Swiftkey, and the word predictions are very effective, but I couldn't quite get the hang of the flow. Any advice?

Hard to advise, really, other than to say keep trying it and it will just click for you.

Make sure you don't take your finger off in the middle of spelling a word, though. When you start using it first and you're used to traditional typing, it might be awkward to keep yr finger on the screen , but that's the way to do it. If you lift your finger in the middle of a word, swiftkey will think you're on the next word.

Also, I find it helps if you know your way around a keyboard layout pretty well. That way your finger is heading for the next letter almost on autopilot. If you're not sure where the next letter is, and you're finger heads off in the wrong direction, sometimes it's too late and even if you double back you'll end up with a different word.

It's like anything, practice is key. I use an iPad and the standard keyboard on that does my head in after getting used to swiftkey on my One.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Slightly off topic, but where are the Smileys on Google Keyboard? I think I found them before but now I can't figure out how to get them up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Slightly off topic, but where are the Smileys on Google Keyboard? I think I found them before but now I can't figure out how to get them up again?

I think they removed them - fairly sure I remember them from the first time I used it but they don't seem to be there now.

Bottom right hand corner , there is one smiley face , press and hold it and the rest pop up .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Bottom right hand corner , there is one smiley face , press and hold it and the rest pop up .

Not on my keyboard and hasnt been for awhile either.

I started using the google kb swipe but lately it started to wreck my head not swiping what I wanted so I'm back on the swype beta which works much better.

---edit---

I think they want you to use the emoji keyboard instead

• Registered Users Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Not on mine. Bottom right is a return/paragraph symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

dulpit wrote: »

Hi all, I've been a Swype fan for a very long time but also like SwftKey apart from the fact I can't figure out how to add words to the custom dictionary and delete words from the regular/custom dictionary.

Help??

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

BenThere wrote: »
    Hi all, I've been a Swype fan for a very long time but also like SwftKey apart from the fact I can't figure out how to add words to the custom dictionary and delete words from the regular/custom dictionary.

Help??

Ben

You cannot see the dictionary as such but when you type a word & it's not in the dictionary it appears on the left. Tap it & it usually remembers it. To remove a word, press on the word in the prediction list & it will ask if you want to forget the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Anyone else not able to download Fifa 14 on their device? Says its incompatible.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.fifa14_row

Im using a nexus 4 by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to download Fifa 14 on their device? Says its incompatible.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.fifa14_row

Im using a nexus 4 by the way.

Same as, incompatible with my SGS II, Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 (Original)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement