Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Mc Love wrote: »
    my work is deciding whether to tell people to stay at home

My work couldn't care less if a trampoline blows through my window.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Considering most employers bosses are at home right now they've no way to contact people to tell them. I have a work phone so my boss has the number obviously but that's not the case for everyone.

Some people could easily drive to work tomorrow and be told, turn around and go home.

You know as well some people will ring work and say "hey boss, do I've to come in" and be told "obviously, why not?"

Now that the 26 counties are now RED maybe we'll hear more about the weather. It wasn't affecting Dublin so as per usual not as much coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Just saw a planning application for Clare Street & Lelia Place. According to Google Maps, Lelia Place is that lane that sort of back onto the park. The only land I can see there for houses is the part of the park?

Open to correction.

Planning link: http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/178012/0

(i) provision of 7 no. residential units (2 no. three-storey, 3 bedroom houses and 5 no. 2 bedroom apartments in two blocks; (ii) hard landscaping including adjustments to existing footpaths, entranceways, boundary treatments and boundary walls to public footpaths; (iii) new boundary treatments to adjacent lands; (iv) upgrading and re-routing of foul sewers and surface water drainage and (v) all associated site works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Is there not an empty tarmacked lot at the corner there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

It is where the apartments used to be on the corner of Clare Street and Lelia Street, is now just tarmac.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

dashoonage wrote: »
    Is there not an empty tarmacked lot at the corner there ?

You know looking at it again, I think Lelia Place is also that street between Clare Street and the canal. The tarmac place is on that.

So the new junction at Conlans/Northern Trust is really helping that roundabout BUT it's creating havoc on the approach to the flyover at rush hour. Most of the traffic wants to exit Southbound(Galway direction) onto the M7 so creates a massive backlog right to the roundabout. So, like me when you come off the roundabout and you want to be in the left lane to go Northbound(Dublin direction) you're trapped in the merging lanes.

So many people are now crossing the Chevrons from the left into the right lane making it even harder to get left. Now as I've seen it, to no surprise, people fly up the left lane and force their way into the right at the top. In my opinion people should either go out the old Ballysimon Road and come back towards the Flyover from the Tipperary side OR go all the way to the next roundabout and double back.

So we gained a better moving roundabout but just moved the traffic issues further up the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭ Liam Helpful Sash

Pure random waffle here: I went into Starbucks yesterday and when he asked for my name to put it on the cup I told him it was 'Liam Flag'. I'm not sure if he got the reference but he only put down Liam in the finish :D

• "Ted, you know the way your eyes sometimes play tricks on you?"

I posted here a few mins ago wondering why there was a sky spotlight (I'm sure they have a proper name) beaming from where I thought was town. After I posted I went and looked again. I ninja deleted my post.

It was a crane...

in the crescent..

across the road from my house.

I'm going insane or night shifts are starting to catch up with me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

i was looking @ a friends snapchat 5 fecking Grand to replace an Audi Chain Jesus christ, how the hell could it be that dear??. it is one of those 2 seater coupes. by the way it was Audi dublin road with the price .

• Advertisement

what-price-supercar-dom-2017-audi-r8-v10-pricing-released-photo-665534-s-450x274.jpg

Audi 2 seater coupe :)

:D:D:D more like this type.not exact model. a5_red_end-1.jpg

wtf type of belt is he getting done on an A5 for 5k ? is the car still under warranty ? if its outside warranty and there is no reason to go to audi a good inde is probably worth a shout.

Time to strip engine multiplied by the amount of hours it takes. I'd say a stealers charge a pretty penny for hourly labour to boot.

I returned to Starbucks and specifically asked for 'Tommy Bread' this time, success!
    I asked her had she seen the Bandits' prank calls but she hadn't :D

431135.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

dashoonage wrote: »
    wtf type of belt is he getting done on an A5 for 5k ? is the car still under warranty ? if its outside warranty and there is no reason to go to audi a good inde is probably worth a shout.

He does say chain , as opposed to belt , I thought the chain was basically maintenance free once the car was looked after .

it was just a female friend. i thought so too. you wouldnt know now days with cars.

Another thing Why do people drive jeeps/suvs if they live in town??? & the nearest thing to mud or dirt the jeeps will see is if they drive on their lawn.I seen a big increase in Suvs & some people then dont know how to drive them or park them as in size of vehicle.

Discuss ;);):P:P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Berty wrote: »
    So the new junction at Conlans/Northern Trust is really helping that roundabout BUT it's creating havoc on the approach to the flyover at rush hour. Most of the traffic wants to exit Southbound(Galway direction) onto the M7 so creates a massive backlog right to the roundabout. So, like me when you come off the roundabout and you want to be in the left lane to go Northbound(Dublin direction) you're trapped in the merging lanes.

So many people are now crossing the Chevrons from the left into the right lane making it even harder to get left. Now as I've seen it, to no surprise, people fly up the left lane and force their way into the right at the top. In my opinion people should either go out the old Ballysimon Road and come back towards the Flyover from the Tipperary side OR go all the way to the next roundabout and double back.

So we gained a better moving roundabout but just moved the traffic issues further up the road.

It's an awful pity 2 lanes outbound from the Ballysimon Road weren't retained with the Northern Trust traffic merging. The Northern Trust side is now freeflow
    but as you say it causes havoc in the right hand lane with everyone trying to turn right onto the M7 westbound.

They have adjusted the lights at the flyover also as there is now more of a queue on the M7 eastbound off ramp queueing to turn right onto the N24. The main issue with the junction is there's now direct conflict between 2 of the heavier movements (R527 -> M7W and M7E -> N24).

In fairness, for traffic coming outbound from UL towards the roundabout it's now much better. Overall I think the slip has given us a net benefit as outbound traffic from UL was chronic.

Long term the UL situation needs to be addressed, slip lanes aren't the solution. Mornings now @ 8:40 the traffic entering UL is backed up the Dublin Road beyond Aldi coming from town, and out the Groody road as far as Caislean na hAbhainn with a further queue from the M7 flyover down to the roundabout at Conlans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

anyone know where teresa mannion was situated when doing that report on friday night ??

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/rte-news-nine-oclock-30003250/10792400/

(11.00 min in)

Anyone on bbnet broadband down since last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

i was looking @ a friends snapchat 5 fecking Grand to replace an Audi Chain Jesus christ, how the hell could it be that dear??. it is one of those 2 seater coupes. by the way it was Audi dublin road with the price .

I wonder at what mileage that had to be done ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭adaminho

philstar wrote: »
    anyone know where teresa mannion was situated when doing that report on friday night ??

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/rte-news-nine-oclock-30003250/10792400/

(11.00 min in)

The roof of the cornmarket on the market side. Rte have studios there.

Any medical centres open today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭sioda

Any medical centres open today?

The walkin on parnell street should be

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

The one out by the regional should be open too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

**opinion** La Cucina need to f**k off with their stupid themed coffees. Supposed to be an authentic Italian restaurant yet they’re serving foamed sugar in a cup! :pac:

Times must be tough if they’re going for the social media “tag your mates about this gimmick” marketing technique.

I was in america recently and everyone was walking around with their frappachinos and now im home i really want to try one.

there....i said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

**opinion** La Cucina need to f**k off with their stupid themed coffees. Supposed to be an authentic Italian restaurant yet they’re serving foamed sugar in a cup! :pac:

Times must be tough if they’re going for the social media “tag your mates about this gimmick” marketing technique.

:D Whilst I agree with your sentiment, I doubt times are particularly tough for them. I pass their Castletroy premises most mornings & evenings and it's always busy. I've been in their premises in town a few times, and it's been a similar story there. Factor-in their extortionate prices (which I reluctantly pay if the better half is with me), and you'd have to imagine that they're doing alright for themselves. State of those "coffees" though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

They actually look disgusting. Who are they aimed at? I can't see anyone except teenagers wanting them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

They actually look disgusting. Who are they aimed at? I can't see anyone except teenagers wanting them.

Seen the cucina ad. Looks nice, intend taking my teenager. Id get her the Frappucino from Starbucks maybe once a month. Helluva lot of sugar I imagine but it's nice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement