Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I am going warlock, was thinking of druid but after 2x shaman's and 2x pallies i dont need another.

Brilliant initiative by blizz but they may want to revise their price as 60 euro is a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

its 50 for one. if i do get another it may be a warlock

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭silverbolt

so do you get the 90 boost straight away or do you have to wait until expansion comes out?

I have all the other expansions so i might as well get this one. Plus if it means i can skip Pandaria completely (i hated that expansion) then suits me even better.

silverbolt wrote: »
    so do you get the 90 boost straight away or do you have to wait until expansion comes out?

I have all the other expansions so i might as well get this one. Plus if it means i can skip Pandaria completely (i hated that expansion) then suits me even better.

You get it straight away but I would recommend only using it on a level 60 char as you get capped professions. Remember to select them or they get randomly assigned.

Calhoun wrote: »
    You get it straight away but I would recommend only using it on a level 60 char as you get capped professions. Remember to select them or they get randomly assigned.

oh right cheers, i stick to gathering professions, i could deal with making stuff

• Advertisement

the amount of people complaining about 90 boosts on the wow forums is crazy.

Sometimes I think people just play this game to complain. I actually saw someone say they preordered but aren't going to use the boost out of principle.

Haha wow talk about being arrogant.
    the people on them forums are so blind and stupid

i knew that would happen soon as i heard about the 90 boost the other day.

Course they will and from one point its understandable. People dedicate weeks to leveling and now they can get to 90 with a one off payment. Some of them still complain about the glory days of vanilla wow being gone

On the other hand its a game. And as always happens yes it will bring in an influx of new people but on the other many of them will die out. But this also means that random raids will become very frustrating.

i knew that would happen soon as i heard about the 90 boost the other day.

Course they will and from one point its understandable. People dedicate weeks to leveling and now they can get to 90 with a one off payment. Some of them still complain about the glory days of vanilla wow being gone

On the other hand its a game. And as always happens yes it will bring in an influx of new people but on the other many of them will die out. But this also means that random raids will become very frustrating.

I don't know what they are complaining about, its 50 euro which is fairly steep and to take advantage of it at its best running 1-60 is recommended first (capped professions). Its as simple as, not everyone has time to dedicate to wow because they are working so if they can afford it why not

Random raids are already very frustrating, it became frustrating when they added LFR. I dont see it changing much to be honest.

• Advertisement

finding a group of people or a guild to do pve and pvp with is impossible. either my item lvl is too low or people dont want to do rbgs or even premades for bgs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Could care less about a Level 90 boost. There are bigger problems, like the menace that is bots in BG's.

finding a group of people or a guild to do pve and pvp with is impossible. either my item lvl is too low or people dont want to do rbgs or even premades for bgs.

Talk to me when your online tonight, doing pugs for bg or Rbg is a pain you need a guild to be focused on it to do it .

Most of this game is pve and randoms on normal server cater to it .

any of you guys currently raiding or pvping?
    looking to join a normal or flex guild/group to do soo on my prot warrior (a)

Ive finished raiding for now, got garrosh down and dont have the motivation to raid at the moment so taking a break.

At this stage i recommend getting OQ and pugging it, allot of raiding guilds unless they started it late have it on farm or are doing HC's. Officially in the wind down until WOD is released.

im tempted to get back into wow, feeling the urge to do so, maybe buy some mounts plus the new pack (and ill probs avail of the 90 boost despite having a 92 warrior on horde side)

my question is - how are retri paladins these days? I remember when they were ludicrously good then got nerfed to hell and back to the point where it was better to be a tank for doing dps

also with the 90 boost if i boost from 1 does that mean i get all my primary professions set to 600

ah ok. im loving pvp atm myself.

also with the 90 boost if i boost from 1 does that mean i get all my primary professions set to 600

No, only lvl 60 + gets the 600 professions. If you dont set the professions it picks what is most relevant to your class.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

I'd also highly recommend Open Raid for finding flex groups, CM groups and all the unconventional stuff from vanilla upwards. http://openraid.eu/ A great benefit it has over the OQ addon is that you can use it to plan ahead.

Also, not forum whinging about it, but I'm less than impressed with the newborn 90s. I thought it was a fine idea for WoD launch as its a step right into current content, but releasing them in the middle of a content lull has made all of the random group stuff basically unplayable. My server is very small, it recently hit low population and while we are next in line for a merge, its with another tiny realm. Without the likes of OR I'd find certain elements of the game unplayable (legendary quest chain of a million item drops that never drop, I'm looking at you!) as its filled with fresh 90s with a few Timeless pieces to hit min ilvl (no glyphs, no reforge for basic stat caps, sockets full of fresh air) who are then AFKing or plain failing in LFR. (hint to Mr 15kDps Muti-Rogue - you neeeeeed poisons damnit, you also need to hit cap!) I believe some OQ Flex groups are as bad, so its worth being selective if at all possible.

I'd hoped to complete the legendary cloak on at least a second character before WoD, but now I'm queasy at the very idea of going into the unwashed newb90 masses. /gawk

KGLady wrote: »
    I'd also highly recommend Open Raid for finding flex groups, CM groups and all the unconventional stuff from vanilla upwards. http://openraid.eu/ A great benefit it has over the OQ addon is that you can use it to plan ahead.

Also, not forum whinging about it, but I'm less than impressed with the newborn 90s. I thought it was a fine idea for WoD launch as its a step right into current content, but releasing them in the middle of a content lull has made all of the random group stuff basically unplayable. My server is very small, it recently hit low population and while we are next in line for a merge, its with another tiny realm. Without the likes of OR I'd find certain elements of the game unplayable (legendary quest chain of a million item drops that never drop, I'm looking at you!) as its filled with fresh 90s with a few Timeless pieces to hit min ilvl (no glyphs, no reforge for basic stat caps, sockets full of fresh air) who are then AFKing or plain failing in LFR. (hint to Mr 15kDps Muti-Rogue - you neeeeeed poisons damnit, you also need to hit cap!) I believe some OQ Flex groups are as bad, so its worth being selective if at all possible.

I'd hoped to complete the legendary cloak on at least a second character before WoD, but now I'm queasy at the very idea of going into the unwashed newb90 masses. /gawk

Im not a raider (ive never considered myself a good enough player to do so), never have been but i do dungeons and some of the people who go in there with random groups is cringeworthy.

I can only imagine how frustrating it is going in with a raid and having some total newbie not having a clue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Can be ok if they willing to learn or read up on their class at least beforehand. Have seen people that aint hit/expertise capped, have loada pvp gear, aint gemmed (at all or correctly) or enchanted at all, maybe not even reforged. Them ya just wonder why ya bother :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Berns wrote: »
    Can be ok if they willing to learn or read up on their class at least beforehand. Have seen people that aint hit/expertise capped, have loada pvp gear, aint gemmed (at all or correctly) or enchanted at all, maybe not even reforged. Them ya just wonder why ya bother :/

I have seen paladin healers in LFR nicely kitted out in full ungemmed strength gear. You would lose faith in humanity when you see the likes of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Right here's the story. I never played world of warcraft. The whole 'elves and magic' thing never appealed to me. Then skyrim was released (a friend gave it to me even though I didn't want it too much). After 500 gameplay hours it's safe to say I'm addicted to it more than any game ever.
    I've been told world of warcraft is similar to skyrim but bigger (a lot said better).
    So basically what I'm asking is, is it worth getting into? Is it too late? Any advice would be really appreciated.
    Nice one...

The elders scroll online would be allot similar to Skyrim than WoW would be. Its not to late to get into it thought its just a much different experience than skyrim in many ways.

Have you checked out ESO?

Calhoun wrote: »
    The elders scroll online would be allot similar to Skyrim than WoW would be. Its not to late to get into it thought its just a much different experience than skyrim in many ways.

Have you checked out ESO?

Not yet. I heard so much about warcraft that I thought I might give it a go. Is world of warcraft on consoles or on pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

GerB40 wrote: »
    Is world of warcraft on consoles or on pc?

It's on PC only. If you're looking for a more Skyrim sort of feeling to a game ESO is the choice for you, it's also releasing on Consoles in June.

It's on PC only. If you're looking for a more Skyrim sort of feeling to a game ESO is the choice for you, it's also releasing on Consoles in June.

Yeah I think I was headin towards ESO anyway. I'd just love to try warcraft.. Ah shur, what can ya do??. Nice one for the advice.

just reactivated and logged into azjol nerub - damn this servers dead. And i dont want to pay 30usd to move by alli and horde to a bigger server

• Registered Users Posts: 15,235 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

just reactivated and logged into azjol nerub - damn this servers dead. And i dont want to pay 30usd to move by alli and horde to a bigger server

I would suggest maybe making a new toon on a better server, migrations will be happening before the expansion I reckon.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    I would suggest maybe making a new toon on a better server, migrations will be happening before the expansion I reckon.

yeah thats what i did, is not the toons so much - its the gold thats gone

Advertisement