Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus

Options

Comments

This is driving me nuts now, flashed with pistolpetes11 image and still the same, "timeout for tuner lock" message.

I checked both satellite feeds and they're working fine.

So I can't runscan Autoboquets or update EPG.

Dud box ?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Here you go lads another image to play around with Open Droid 4.3 7/3/2015

http://droidsat.org/image/index.php?dir=optimussos1/

http://droidsat.org/image/index.php?dir=optimussos2plus/

http://droidsat.org/image/index.php?dir=optimussos3plus/

And there a member of the the OE-Alliance team .

Has anyone got any idea why I can't get rid of the tuner lock error message when I dry update CoolEPG or Autobouquets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

When I press the media button on the remote it says media center plugin not installed. Theres no plugin called mediacenter listed for download. Anyone know which one it is and where I'll get it?

EDIT:- I changed the button to open the media player I do have installed so Ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭THE ALM

This is driving me nuts now, flashed with pistolpetes11 image and still the same, "timeout for tuner lock" message.

I checked both satellite feeds and they're working fine.

So I can't runscan Autoboquets or update EPG.

Dud box ?

This might help- http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29578-Time-out-for-tuner-lock

Are you getting a signal to both tuners?

• Advertisement

Here you go lads another image to play around with Open Droid 4.3 7/3/2015

http://droidsat.org/image/index.php?dir=optimussos1/

http://droidsat.org/image/index.php?dir=optimussos2plus/

http://droidsat.org/image/index.php?dir=optimussos3plus/

And there a member of the the OE-Alliance team .

Anybody try it out yet? Don't want to go messing when I have it running ok as is although I am tempted!

THE ALM wrote: »
    This might help- http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29578-Time-out-for-tuner-lock

Are you getting a signal to both tuners?

I have signal on both sat feeds.

The sat finder says I've signal on both tuners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Zardoz

superg wrote: »
    I would anyway but its all relative, you have to have the few bob :D. I like the Alien 2 but the slow EPG did my head in. This one opens way quicker so worth it for that alone in my book.

By slow epg you mean loading Cooltv guide when you press the epg button ?
    It can take 2-3 seconds to load on the Alien 2

Zardoz wrote: »

It can take much longer too !

There is no comparison between the Amiko Alien 2 and the Optimuss OS 3 + for speed.

I haven't found any lag at all, not even streaming to the Ipad while fiddling around with the box settings.

Playing recorded material is also much much faster, starts to play a lot faster. The Amiko used to hang for a long time sometimes before a recording would actually play, this is not the case with the Optimuss 3+.

However I can't get the EPG to download or Autobouquets to work, but will play around with it again when I get time.

Zardoz wrote: »
    By slow epg you mean loading Cooltv guide when you press the epg button ?

Yeah,It was taking far longer than that on mine, regardless of image. It's much quicker on this box.

• Advertisement

deleted

Anybody try it out yet? Don't want to go messing when I have it running ok as is although I am tempted!

Found this online it might help .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlYXcsEbqgs

you need to ajust the volume down for this vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

You can add whatever channels you like into one Bouquet, I have them all added to the Favourites. From memory, if you highlight the channel in the epg and hit the menu button it will give you an option to add the channel to a particular bouquet. Once they are added as you like then you can just set the epg to display the favourites.

An easier way would be to load up the webif on the computer/laptop and edit them from there. If you type the Optimus IP into your web browser it should bring up the webif page automatically as long as you have the webif plugin set up on the Optimus and that they are connected to the same network.

Hope this helps. At work and trying picture this from memory.
    For the life of me I cannot get all the channels I want onto the one bouquet. I have tried both Webif and the menu button to no avail. I know I will love this box once I get the channels sorted ...but it is wrecking my head at the moment. Is there any simple epg organizer I can use?

It says Optimuss OS1 in the title so I didn't want to risk it on the OS3.

Kalyke wrote: »
    For the life of me I cannot get all the channels I want onto the one bouquet. I have tried both Webif and the menu button to no avail. I know I will love this box once I get the channels sorted ...but it is wrecking my head at the moment. Is there any simple epg organizer I can use?

Download Dreamboxedit on your pc and use that, upload the bouquets from the box, rearrange them as you want and send them back to it.

Here another image lads OPEN HDF 11/3/2015 just to add to the collection of images if you want to try .

http://images.hdfreaks.cc/optimussos3plus/

if i find anymore will post a link if not already posted by members .

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭soram

Like to add my +1 for this box. I've had the Alien since Christmas. While it does the job - sort of - it is not friendly. No matter what image I used navigating to some part it would eventually crash either with a green screen or would need to be reflashed. Timeshift and recording were problematic and she just wasn't comfortable with it.

I've had the Optimuss for a week. Not had to do a thing with it except scan Saorview for Three Rock and mount my HDD. It is so fast and has not crashed once. Timeshift, recording and CrossEPG are perfect. Even the WebIF is worthwhile now. I came home yesterday to be told it was 'great' and 'I figured out the remote - it's so easy compared to the other one'!!!!!

The Alien is a project but if you want to watch TV and not be bothered the €100 extra is well worth it IMHO.

Has anyone tried a different image, do they offer anything over and above what is already there with openatv 4.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 paulkeano

gents, this may be a dumb question, but I still haven't figured out how to add channels to Favourites :-( . I'm v happy with the box, I downloaded image from this thread. I have the internal 1TB HDD....I can record two shows at same time, and watch another from alternative device in the house....there is buckets of functionality on this box that I have not as yet figured out. Great investment.

Can anyone assist with adding favorites?

Has anyone got any idea why I can't get rid of the tuner lock error message when I dry update CoolEPG or Autobouquets ?

Figured out what was going on and this maybe of interest to anyone with any E2 receiver.

I discovered that the EPG data comes form Transponder 11788 and I wasn't receiving a signal from this, so this was the problem !

It works perfectly form another dish !

So I have to get the ladder out. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Figured out what was going on and this maybe of interest to anyone with any E2 receiver.

I discovered that the EPG data comes form Transponder 11788 and I wasn't receiving a signal from this, so this was the problem !

It works perfectly form another dish !

So I have to get the ladder out. :(

I thought epg data comes from the internet side of things

paulkeano wrote: »
    gents, this may be a dumb question, but I still haven't figured out how to add channels to Favourites :-( . I'm v happy with the box, I downloaded image from this thread. I have the internal 1TB HDD....I can record two shows at same time, and watch another from alternative device in the house....there is buckets of functionality on this box that I have not as yet figured out. Great investment.

Can anyone assist with adding favorites?

The easiest way would be through webif on your pc or laptop. If your OS3 is connected to the network it should be a simple matter of putting the OS3's ip address into your browser on the pc which should load the webif. From here you can edit the bouquets anyway you want.

From the box itself, if you hit the up arrow to bring up the channel listings, scroll to the channel you require, hit the menu button, there should be an option here to add channel to bouquet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I thought epg data comes from the internet side of things
    It depends on how crossEPG is configured:
    OpenTV uses Slys data direct from the transponder.
    XMLTV is web based.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I am new to Linux receivers and purchased the Edision Optumus OS 3 last week. Overall I'm very happy with it but finding certain tasks fairly challenging.

After trawling the web I haven't yet figured out how to setup the on demand for RTE Player TV3 Player etc but am curious to know if there's an image available that would have on demand already pre-installed and if not is there one likely to become available?

I'm finding it difficult to work out the whole filezilla way of setting up the on demand as I'm totally new to that side of things as well. The image I'm currently using is the one that was pre-installed from freetv.ie when I purchased receiver. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

I just figured this out and managed to do it by transferring file with USB stick. I think I was on wrong track using filezilla.

newmark wrote: »
    I am new to Linux receivers and purchased the Edision Optumus OS 3 last week. Overall I'm very happy with it but finding certain tasks fairly challenging.

After trawling the web I haven't yet figured out how to setup the on demand for RTE Player TV3 Player etc but am curious to know if there's an image available that would have on demand already pre-installed and if not is there one likely to become available?

I'm finding it difficult to work out the whole filezilla way of setting up the on demand as I'm totally new to that side of things as well. The image I'm currently using is the one that was pre-installed from freetv.ie when I purchased receiver. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

I have that image and the On Demand plugin is available from the plugins menu on the box. Go to plugins, press green to download more and its in one of those menus, download it, restart the box and that should be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I'll be in the market for a combo box in the next few months? My dad has the Alien 2 and I was never overly impressed with it. Does this do all that it can but better? Where the best place to purchase this and can I do so with a HDDS preinstalled or will I have to purchase separately and put it in myself?

freetv.ie is the only irish seller at the moment as far as i know and they offer a option to buy with a HDD installed. It's the same basic thing as the Alien 2 but quicker and more stable I've found.

It's just a rebadged technomate so I've read on
    the Web.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

I'm struggling to resize the menus on screen. It looks as though the menus are stretched beyond the limits of the screen but it's set up as 16:9. Anyone know how to refit the image on screen?

Box bar setting up issues and no manual is impressive. Incredibly quick
    Having the same problem..Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

I was going to go with a vu solo 2, but based on the price of this receiver it looks like I may have found a better purchase, seems to be the ideal receiver at a decent price

Advertisement