Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Louis Theroux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

Missed it tonight? Any good? Will try catch it on repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

New Louis Theroux tomorrow night. BBC2 9pm

His lockdown podcast was really good too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I would dearly love to see him spend some more time with the Hamiltons. Televison gold. He should go back for a long weekend " catch up ".

For added nostalgia he could bring them a bottle of Black Tower as a pressie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Still Ill

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I would dearly love to see him spend some more time with the Hamiltons. Televison gold. He should go back for a long weekend " catch up ".

For added nostalgia he could bring them a bottle of Black Tower as a pressie.

I actually revisited that episode recently. TV gold alright and what timing for Louis to be filming with them in the midst of all that madness, where she seemed to be 'self medicating' on the vino. :pac:

Gave them a Google afterwards and it would appear that Neil has gone (or perhaps always was) quite far right in his politics. He's the Welsh UKIP leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

His shows are compelling.

Louis has a great knack of befriending people with his fake naivete and friendliness.

The recent Milwaukee violence and Appalachian drug addiction were top notch.

• Advertisement

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    His shows are compelling.

Louis has a great knack of befriending people with his fake naivete and friendliness.

The recent Milwaukee violence and Appalachian drug addiction were top notch.

He reels them in like trout squirming on a line without bait. A master at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The one in America with parents of kids with autism was really moving. He seemed quite affected by it.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    The one in America with parents of kids with autism was really moving. He seemed quite affected by it.

Oh he knows how to turn it on alright. Most sociopaths do.

Rewatched the one with the Hamilton’s recently too. Really top notch stuff.
    They really were dingbats.

Also amazing the power the press had back then compared to now.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Rewatched the one with the Hamilton’s recently too. Really top notch stuff.
    They really were dingbats.

Also amazing the power the press had back then compared to now.

Jaw dropping when you think about them. He was a responsible minister for parliament, thousands of people voted for him as a public representative. Mind boggling when you see it now.

But quality television all the same. The wife was an absolute hoot altogether. I loved it when she was half jarred and trying to corner Louis on the couch. Sublime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,820 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Anyone watching this now?

Mam of 4 wrote: »

The Nazi's are terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,820 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Am delighted those twins grew up with enough intelligence to move away from what was shoved down their throats as children , how many didn't though , that's scary .

Am enjoying this catch up .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Was there a new episode?

Was there a new episode?

Kind of. Did a nostalgic journey through his attic, opening up memorabilia from his early shows in the States. Video called some of the old freaks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

What was the one where he had an unsettling silent stare off with a weird smiling Buddhist or hare Krishna guy? It was a really strange tv moment. Think it was one of the early docs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

Forgot about watching or recording it. :(

nc6000 wrote: »
    Forgot about watching or recording it. :(

If you have SKY it's repeated tonight on BBC2 HD Ch.347 at 11:30pm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

New three part series tonight at 9pm on BBC 2. Blurb says it's about the role of the internet and social media.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

*Of course* he streams from his parents' basement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,567 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

How Louis keeps his cool while interviewing these lads is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 26,919 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Mother of God that was Grim.

One thing I found curious was Nick Fuentes Anti immigration views and yet, that Surname ?? Where did that come from exactly.

Apparently he's not heard of native American Indians either, whom I seem to recall lived in continental North America for thousands of years before an 'Italian" came across it out sailing one year 😁

Utterly bizzare , Moronic individuals and disturbingly there must be thousands of such cretins across the USA.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

According to this he is quarter Mexican so I guess that means one of his grandparents is Mexican. I'm surprised Louis didn't bring it up. It would have been interesting to see what he says about it.

Apparently his father is half Mexican

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Demonstrates how people can be taken in by nonsense.

The beardy weirdo guy was hilarious. Not the sharpest tool.

but yet you see people going on here about “Chad” and other American weirdo stuff, so maybe it’s more a generation thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,529 ✭✭✭✭briany

Because they stick so religiously to this whole thing of irony and "I'm just an edgy memester, pushing people's buttons", it's difficult to tell how many are fully indoctrinated into the poisonous worldview behind the 'jokes'. Not the people in the doc, whose views are pretty plain, I just mean in general. I think that's called 'hiding your power level'...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

They strike me as the same sort of person as a Covid denier, just an absolute loser who never mattered in life who has now found a cause they can cling to to bring some sort of meaning to their otherwise pathetic lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Really enjoyed his new documentary.

These Internet trolls live sad existences.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

He does keep his cool alright. Also, you just know he has to be smiling inside, like thinking, "that's it... this is tv gold.. this bit is making it into the episode... keep talking" lol. Then he'll ask a question (so calmly in his manner) to steer you into where he wants to go.

• Advertisement

Like that beard fella that lost it over that question about the nazi salute. Louis is good at what he does

Advertisement