Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tech Support for Aritech Alarm systems

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's more likely to be a faulty detection device.
    You need to see what's displayed when you disarm it after an alarm activation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pebs72

Thanks koolkid!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hi ya

Hi Koolkid wondering if you would know were .I could pick up a replacement transformer for a airtech cd 72 panel.
    transformer is buzzing a lot also have fault showing fuse 1/ low battery .I have replaced fuse a couple of times now.
    it's okay for a few days then error comes up again .battery was replaced just over 2 years now .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most suppliers could source one for you.
    Have you a meter to check the battery voltage & the battery charge voltage.
    If the transformer is struggling it may be the battery is not getting the correct charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JosephKavanagh

Hi All,

I have a Aritech CS-2012. I just got the phone line in and need to get the dialler setup. I have no idea... The phone line is connected with two wires. I dont know which connector I should put these into on the board. I have attached pictures of the connector for the phone line.

Also if you can give me step by step instructions how to setup the dialer on the keypad to call my mobile that would be a great help.

Thanks in advance

Joe

• Advertisement

Hi Joe.
    If you are settling that up to call your mobile you will need the plug on voice module.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JosephKavanagh

KoolKid wrote: »
    Hi Joe.
    If you are settling that up to call your mobile you will need the plug on voice module.

Ahhh that would explain it! Thanks a million for that.. Any idea what these cost or where I can get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jinni

Hi Guys (newbie poster here) found you when I googled "house alarm battery". My system is an Aritech cs350 is 18 years old and never had a battery change!

In the past few months, after it was unset each morning, it started to randomly go off after a couple of hours or so and would need to be unset again, which was ok when someone was there to unset again, but frustrating to arrive home and find it blaring.

Now after reading nearly all the posts on this thread last Monday and using the great advice given by KoolKid and Altor, I bought a new 12v 7.5ah battery in Radionics for €23.50 (Maplins quoted €63.99)! and installed very carefully using your instructions, but its still going off as before showing "cabinet tamper" why is this?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Could I please have a copy of Engineers Manuel, thanks.

Check that the panel lid is closed securely. Also check that the Aux tamper connections were not disturbed when you changed the battery.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Check that the panel lid is closed securely. Also check that the Aux tamper connections were not disturbed when you changed the battery.

Hi KooKid,

Just took panel lid off, no alarm bell went at all this time, unlike when I replaced battery, switched off main power and checked wires, all seem ok, cant see anything odd, replaced lid and heard spring click.

I reset alarm and tested it by opening front and back doors, alarm went off as it should.

But after 15 minutes alarm went off again at random showing "cabinet tamper".

Thanks for your response

Jinni wrote: »
    Hi KooKid,

Just took panel lid off, no alarm bell went at all this time, unlike when I replaced battery, switched off main power and checked wires, all seem ok, cant see anything odd, replaced lid and heard spring click.

I reset alarm and tested it by opening front and back doors, alarm went off as it should.

But after 15 minutes alarm went off again at random showing "cabinet tamper".

Thanks for your response

KoolKid,

Meant to ask, do you have any other reason or ideas as to why its still going off at random.

Thanks,

Jinni

Its either the aux tamper input or the spring for the panel lid tamper.
    Close off the AUX tamper input to eliminate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭altor

Jinni wrote: »
    Meant to ask, do you have any other reason or ideas as to why its still going off at random.

It sounds like the lid tamper is not closing properly when you close the lid.
    Is there any cables pushing against the spring when you close up the lid?

altor wrote: »
    It sounds like the lid tamper is not closing properly when you close the lid.
    Is there any cables pushing against the spring when you close up the lid?

Hi KoolKid & Altor,

I haven't yet had a chance to try out what you are suggesting.

It went off again at random this morning, unset at 6am, went off at 11am
    (5 hrs). I will try both your suggestions later this evening and keep you posted.

Thanks again for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stedeb

Hi Guys
    my Cs350 in the fast few weeks has randomly started to go off with Cabinet Tamper .
    It is now a Daily occurrence is the Cabinet tamper the cabinet where the battery is kept or could it be the sensors?

thanks
    Ste

It could be either if the sensor tampers are wired into the aux tamper connections. Terminals 18 + 19.

stedeb wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    my Cs350 in the fast few weeks has randomly started to go off with Cabinet Tamper .
    It is now a Daily occurrence is the Cabinet tamper the cabinet where the battery is kept or could it be the sensors?

thanks
    Ste

If you press down arrow twice does it show anything open?

Hi altor thanks for replying no the zones are all closed
    It happened a few weeks ago when the 2 year old was swinging out of the spring like wire on the back door but i opened it up and put the loose wire back in and all was ok.
    Untill about 2 weeks ago when it becomes a daily or twice daily thing .
    I opened all the sensors in the house ( i have eng code ) to see if there were loose wires but there wasn't.
    Then at the dining window (2 sensors) 1 was filled with expand foam, i took it out of 1 sensor and took the alarm out of eng mode and the bell rang .
    Then i did the 2nd sensor and tried again bell did not ring this time , so Hopefully i will see if this stops it randomly setting off as tamper . (wife always had suspicion of that sensor ).
    if it still happens ill stick it up here.
    do you think it is within the main box where Battery is?
    thanks
    ste

Hi altor thanks for replying no the zones are all closed
    It happened a few weeks ago when the 2 year old was swinging out of the spring like wire on the back door but i opened it up and put the loose wire back in and all was ok.
    Untill about 2 weeks ago when it becomes a daily or twice daily thing .
    I opened all the sensors in the house ( i have eng code ) to see if there were loose wires but there wasn't.
    Then at the dining window (2 sensors) 1 was filled with expand foam, i took it out of 1 sensor and took the alarm out of eng mode and the bell rang .
    Then i did the 2nd sensor and tried again bell did not ring this time , so Hopefully i will see if this stops it randomly setting off as tamper . (wife always had suspicion of that sensor ).
    if it still happens ill stick it up here.
    do you think it is within the main box where Battery is?
    thanks
    ste

If you did not open the control panel then I would not suspect it is there the issue is. If you wanted to you could close of the tamper cable in the sensor that you think has the issue. This will rule out if it is the sensor or not causing the alarm activation.

• Advertisement

thanks for the reply but im a complete diy looking for step by step
    i know there are 4 diff colour wires in the sensors any idea which one it would be aand also how would i close off do you mean just leave it loose?

thanks for the reply but im a complete diy looking for step by step
    i know there are 4 diff colour wires in the sensors any idea which one it would be aand also how would i close off do you mean just leave it loose?

Any pictures of inside the sensor?

will try to get it tomorrow
    I know there is a little diagram on the inside should this tell me which is tamper wire?
    will it have abbreviated code i wil need to look out for ?
    thanks
    ste

will try to get it tomorrow
    I know there is a little diagram on the inside should this tell me which is tamper wire?
    will it have abbreviated code i wil need to look out for ?
    thanks
    ste

All you need do is disconnect the two tamper wires and join them together.
    This will rule out an issue with the tamper on that device.

It sounds like the zone tampers may be all wired into the aux tamper input on the panel.
    If you have a multi meter you could check the resistance on those tamper loops and see if its erratic. You could also identify the tamer loop from that zone & remove if from the aux tamper loop to confirm or eliminate that zone as the problem.

ok thanks guys i will have a look tomorrow and see what the sensors are like if it goes off .
    by the way it is going off with the alarm is not set if that makes a difference and nobody is near any sensors

And when it goes off it shows "Cabinet Tamper"?
    It has to be whats wired into Aux Tamper or the lid tamper spring.
    Close off terminals 19 & 19 to confirm .
    If its ok after that then add back in the zone tampers one by one untill the problem reappears.
    The quicker solution is to get a multi meter & check the resistance on everything connected to that input.

ok thanks guys i will have a look tomorrow and see what the sensors are like if it goes off .
    by the way it is going off with the alarm is not set if that makes a difference and nobody is near any sensors

Where is the control panel located? Have seen this a few times where the control panel was in the hotpress and got a bang causing the spring to move. By what you are saying it is more than likely the tamper on the device so if thats the case then try close off the temper on the device to see if that solves the issue.

thanks guys
    KK yes it says cabinet tamper . Noted try to find it through elimination thanks

altor
    it is under the stairs i will try even to open this and arefully put it back in case spring moved .

at the moment it ha not gone off i will keep an eye tomorrow and try the above
    thanks
    ste

• Advertisement

thanks guys
    KK yes it says cabinet tamper . Noted try to find it through elimination thanks

altor
    it is under the stairs i will try even to open this and arefully put it back in case spring moved .

at the moment it ha not gone off i will keep an eye tomorrow and try the above
    thanks
    ste

No worries ste, let us know how you get on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement