Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Moving from Sky

• 27-07-2015 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

I've been a Sky customer for too many years now and finally want to get rid.

We have been on the Variety package for most of this time so no Sports or Movies.

Mainly use it for the kids channels, documentaries, RTE's etc.
    We also have a Netflix subscription.

I have and still am researching alternative options but would love some advice from people who have already moved away from Sky.

Is there an equivalent/cheaper alternative out there?
    Something maybe using a combination of saorview + others?

EDIT: I should add that the recording option is a must

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jumbo

A good Saorview box or Smart TV should have record function.

Saorview is fine, but you'll miss your UK channels.

I would advise though that for all its faults, Sky does have the best TV offering by a mile … you really won't appreciate it until you try out some of the alternatives on offer (-:

I have heard good reports about the Eircom box however!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

You won't lose UK channels. BBC, ITV, C4 and C5 are all FTA as are their sister channels. These will still be receivable on a Sky box even after you cancel along with other channels.

Advertisement