Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

10 month pup jealous of other dogs

• 11-04-2011 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

So I have four Cavaliers, 3 middle aged/old and 1 puppy - 10 months old. They get along great and are really close. But sometimes the puppy is jealous and will snap at the others or start fights. She only does it when I'm there, usually if she's sitting on my lap and one of the others comes over. But sometimes she's fine with them all sitting on my lap.

She's not aggressive to other dogs at all, just a handful of times in the past few months that she's started fights.

My vet thinks she'll grow out of it and it's just her age. She isn't spayed yet but the vet thought that wasn't the reason, just that it's her age. I guess she's trying to find her place in the pack? Oh and the others are all spayed, maybe that makes a difference.

She hasn't been spoiled at all, just given maybe slightly more attention than the others because she's a puppy and she wants attention and she was being given her food separate when she was on puppy food.

So what would you do? Should I be ignoring her and giving the other dogs more attention? I try to give them attention first, but she follows me around everywhere and is just more attention seeking. When she tries to start fights I just say no and put her in her run until she calms down and ignore her.

I noticed the other day that I'd been playing with them all day, they were probably tired, and she growled at two of the dogs and the cat for no reason, so I put her to bed, so maybe tiredness and being a teenager just makes her cranky . . .

She's normally very very sweet, honestly :D

Advertisement