Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chisora slapped Vitali at the weigh-in

• 17-02-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

I have a feeling he might regret that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

It looked staged to me for hype imo.
    Anyone know what time this is meant to start and what channel its on?. Because its Germany im assuming its a reasonable time as usual for fights in Germany?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

any idea what station this fight will be live on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Yea big mistake by Chisora, he's going to be punished for that one!!
    Any predictions on this one? I reckon its going to be a late round stoppage
    (8-10) for Vitali, although he could be gunning for him early now after that slap.
    Derek-Chisora-slaps-Vitali-Klitschko-in-the-face-during-weigh-in-for-WBC-heavyweight-title-fight-in-Munich.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I don't think so, Vitali looked shocked and reacted very naturally.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Rastapitts wrote: »
    any idea what station this fight will be live on?

Box Nation if you only have Sky.

Also on RTL and Al Jazeera Sport +3 for anyone with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭lolie

Minstrel27 wrote: »

Is it on free to air on RTL? Have an old lidl dish might stick up for it if it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Yes it's FTA. All Klitschko fights are FTA on RTL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

cowzerp wrote: »

That is bad form! Hope Chisora gets knocked out tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Chisroa is a low life. Weirdo too. Hope Vit beats him real bad for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Anyone know what time this is meant to start and what channel its on?. Because its Germany im assuming its a reasonable time as usual for fights in Germany?.

No way was that staged.

The klitschkos are all about respect, no way would they let someone slap them for 'the hype'.

Chisora looks in very good shape for this, hopefully all this will make for an exciting fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭lolie

Yes it's FTA. All Klitschko fights are FTA on RTL

Cheers. Just after watchin the video, what a total plonker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Dead man walking...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

As a non-boxing fan, all an incident like this does is to make me think less of the sport, why would he do that? Klitschecko handled it well though (it would seem)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Its the only slap he's going to get at klitchko, saying he's not afraid then turns up at the weigh in with a bandana over his face. Then throws a slap, he is s**ting himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Total lack of class and respect shown by Chisora, hope Vitali batters the head of him tomorrow night now.

dulpit wrote: »
    As a non-boxing fan, all an incident like this does is to make me think less of the sport, why would he do that? Klitschecko handled it well though (it would seem)

Would hate to completely turn you off the sport, but Chisora's slap pales in comparison to Riddick Bowe nailing Larry Donald.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5LxagKJ1PA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Chisora is a scumbag, and I hope Vitali puts a beating on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Henno30

walshb wrote: »
    Would hate to completely turn you off the sport, but Chisora's slap pales in comparison to Riddick Bowe nailing Larry Donald.

My favourite is the Barrera-Morales press conference. The bitter rivalry and the epic trilogy they fought makes it more significant than any of those other stunts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The little smile Vitali had at the end of that video clip says it all; Derek is in for a tough night.

I hope some sanctions are brought against Chisora for this. No way should he be allowed get away with it; apart from Vit beating the crap out of him tomorrow, the authorities should definitely act and sanction him in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Let's hope Vitali will bring some entertainment to the ring after this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

maybe trying to provoke vitali into a dogfight

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I hope some sanctions are brought against Chisora for this. No way should he be allowed get away with it; apart from Vit beating the crap out of him tomorrow, the authorities should definitely act and sanction him in some way.

Do you know what happened Bowe for what he did? Never knew about that, it was quite sickening watching it there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭runboyrun

That slap brought more entertainment than all of Vitali's former fights put together !

Johner wrote: »
    Do you know what happened Bowe for what he did? Never knew about that, it was quite sickening watching it there!

I don't believe Bowe was sanctioned at all. Fight went the distance, with Bowe winning. Think Bowe flipped because Larry mocked him when he was speaking/stuttering; as one of the youtube comments alludes to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I was surprised for a second to see this match isn't on Sky. Makes sense though, they'd get a lot of flak for showing a murder live on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

cant view that as im on the phone walshb, but is that the 'beauty and the beast' fight as one boxer put it, 'and im the beast master'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

can we add these on our sky box???

Advertisement