Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 3 Thread

• 20-10-2011 7:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭

All conversation relating to Division Three will be held in here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Div 3 has been the quietest so far! i'm currently 3-3, so very mediocre, hopefully a trade will sort me out!!

how you all feeling about your games so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Div 3 has been the quietest so far! i'm currently 3-3, so very mediocre, hopefully a trade will sort me out!!

Lost my perfect record last week to go 5-1 & its looking dodgy for next week too, with various players on byes & Hillis with a hamstring problem, its going to seriously weaken me at RB.
    Fortunately my next opponent has both his QB's on byes too!

Woot forte is now mine, he better not fall off a cliff now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm 2-4 :( could be 4-2 :(

Avoiding relegation is my goal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Only just seen this thread...

Last week I had to play without the 3 RBs (Charles, Blount and Jacobs) I drafted and the punt I made a week early on Battle who was on a bye. Needless to say I lost but I expected to...

All in all I'm happy to be 3-3. I think I'll struggle to make the playoffs with the injuries I'm having with my RBs so avoiding relegation is my goal aswell :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

About to go 2-5, second win of the year. Hope to go on a bit of a run now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

5-1 - with Flacco to come for me tonight.
    I need him to come through with about 14-15 points in order to win and go 6-1 otherwise I drop to 5-2.

Overall my team has been excellent, however injuries are setting in. Andre Johnson out, Javid Best out. Ryan Matthews left yday's game.
    Even Jimmy Graham picked up a knock during the week and was questionable.
    I'm over the worst of the Bye weeks, but injuries mean I won't be full strenght most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭me89

My opponent never set his team this week and had 5 players on a bye so a much needed win to go 3-4

I won aswell so I'm now 4-3 :)

Next week is my worst for byes as I have 6 players missing (5 of which played this week). I'll patch together some form of lineup but I wont be expecting much...

guy i'm playing didnt replace Campbell as QB but had Foster :( so even though i had Cam, AP and Forte I'm gonna lose by 5...

• Advertisement

guy i'm playing didnt replace Campbell as QB but had Foster :( so even though i had Cam, AP and Forte I'm gonna lose by 5...
    Thats tough. I have Foster in my other 2 teams and both won by 40+ points. It was a beast of a performance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

just saw that i have had 25 deals for players already eek.gif, i'll have to cut back on that :o. was very lucky to win last weekend, the projected scores had me beat by 50 odd points, but i managed to sneak it by 3 and go 4-3, thanks mainly to steve breaston, tried to get preston parker in, in the last minute, could'nt and brought breaston up from the bench instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Look to be moving to 7-2 with the Dare Devils.
    Feel sorry for Inglorious Tight Ends, who left over 60 points on the bench, palmer, mcgahee and murray.
    I'm down to bear minimum each week!
    Hurry back Jahvid Best, Ryan Mathews and Andre Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Thanks man, them's the breaks I suppose. McGahee wasn't really an option for me as he was carrying that injury all week and it was fairly sketchy what part he'd play. Murray V Benson was a toss up but I went with Benson against a weaker defence off a 2 week break.

On that note, my WRs and TEs (apart from the amazingly boom or bust V-Jax) are a sick joke at this stage so if anyone is looking for a RB all offers for Benson, Murray and McGahee will be looked at seriously. I'll see if I can do up a few deals over the next couple of days myself.

Moved to 3-6 this week with a win over Division rival Henry le Cheat. The two other teams in my division lost this week so best result possible.

Still very unlikely to make the playoffs but will continue to fight to the end.

SSK - sent you through a trade offer there, let me know what you think

5-4 :D

The great escape into the play offs is on!! :pac:

Blured wrote: »
    Moved to 3-6 this week with a win over Division rival Henry le Cheat. The two other teams in my division lost this week so best result possible.
    Yes, a massive fail from my WRs including Heyward-Bey who got nothing :( The points I left on the bench wouldn't have mattered in the matchup so well done.

At 4-5 I guess I'll have to win my remaining games to make the playoffs. I doubt that will happen as my team has been way too inconsistent this season...

Look to be moving to 7-2 with the Dare Devils.
    Feel sorry for Inglorious Tight Ends, who left over 60 points on the bench, palmer, mcgahee and murray.
    I'm down to bear minimum each week!
    Hurry back Jahvid Best, Ryan Mathews and Andre Johnson.
    Up to 7-2 myself as well & in the same section as you.
    Should be a good battle to see who comes out on top. Looks like which ever ones of us finishes second though, should have a good enough record for a wild card (this all barring major collapses from our teams over the next few weeks!!).

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Up to 7-2 myself as well & in the same section as you.
    Should be a good battle to see who comes out on top. Looks like which ever ones of us finishes second though, should have a good enough record for a wild card (this all barring major collapses from our teams over the next few weeks!!).

I'm hoping to make my way into this predicament :pac: Start losing games lads ;)

Blured wrote: »

Still very unlikely to make the playoffs but will continue to fight to the end.

SSK - sent you through a trade offer there, let me know what you think

Thanks, it looks fair enough on paper, I just need to establish which RB I want to keep. I'll have a good think about it and get back to you.

I'm 4-5 and I still reckon there's everything to play for, at least for the wildcard spots.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm hoping to make my way into this predicament :pac: Start losing games lads ;)
    Would that make you Lockout Legends? If so, your on a bit of a roll alright, not too far behind.
    Funny thing is the 2 wild cards could easily come from our section of the division. If I'm not mistaken your only off that last wild card spot on points scored.

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Would that make you Lockout Legends? If so, your on a bit of a roll alright, not too far behind.
    Funny thing is the 2 wild cards could easily come from our section of the division. If I'm not mistaken your only off that last wild card spot on points scored.

Am indeed. Doubt I'll be catching you and the other team but a wildcard would be great. There was 5/6 teams on 4-4 before last week and only 2 won. Have 4 big games to finish and I need at least 3 wins to hope for the play offs. Love fantasy football!

Gotta feel for the Kilkenny Patriots. Moore on the bench with 24 points and now he has Jackson starting who's inactive today :pac:

Had my biggest performance of the season - 114 points. Should move me to 4-6 (I'm ahead by 60 odd points and he has AP still to play).

Only chance of the playoffs is to win my division. Two wins behind Scouting for Girls so need a miracle!

Pretty awful week for me:(
    Not only do they Lions lose to the Bears, due mainly to turnovers, but it has also handed my victory to my opponent with him having the Bears defense that scored a huge 36 points!
    Any other defense & I would have surely won this matchup, seeing as he's ahead by around 6 points with only Packers kicker left to play on his team.

I didn't have a great week but still got away with a win as I avoided all the big scores. I will be a middle of the field 5-5 after tonights game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭me89

SantryRed wrote: »
    Gotta feel for the Kilkenny Patriots. Moore on the bench with 24 points and now he has Jackson starting who's inactive today :pac:

Yeah wasnt to happy about that but still got away with a win..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i had a dire week again, last week my RB's could'nt run, and this week it was my recievers, Ford got injured after 1 catch thursday night and Breaston and Stevie Johnson got nothing after a good previous week.

me89 wrote: »
    Yeah wasnt to happy about that but still got away with a win..

You beat me so you did.

Amazing how tight the 6th seed is. 4 people on 5-5 I think with another 2 4-6. Gonna be a tight one. Someone will surely win out and take the place.

• Advertisement

Sick...I had real life issues which meant I couldn't access a computer from Thursday onwards, ended up losing by less than a point with Murray on the bench who I would have put in over Benson. Could cost me a potential playoff spot.

Blured, sorry I didn't get back to you on that trade. I don't think I would have taken it anyway, Murray just has too much value now.

Anyway, don't know who it is but I have proposed a trade to Warfield's Warriors, let me know what you think.

Advertisement