Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

hey is it just me or do peoples mentality's change at the weekend ??? mine does once friday eve sets in , my head goes into " i can't be arsed mode "

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

bubbaloo wrote: »
    On a brighter note, I was at a family event on Sunday and saw a lot of family I haven't seen in a long time. My sister (who was there too) has always been a size 8/10 and always looks fantastic. Anyway, 2 people (yes 2!) thought I was her!!! :D:D:D Now, before you get carried away, I'm a size 14 but I was a size 20/22 so I look very different to how I used to look. If they thought I was my sister, they must have thought my sister had put on a lot of weight (ha ha!) but when they realised it was me they were full of compliments. It was great - loads of people were commenting on my weight loss so I felt great.

It's lovely to read about all your compliments. No wonder you were feeling great - you deserve to, you're doing brilliantly. Hope you get to the 3 stone off soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

Oh definitely, once the weekend arrives i think 'sre its the weekend i can have a treat' and then sabotage the good effort that i made during the week!! plus, theres always things going on at the weekend, drinks or lunch with friends, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    have you seen losses in other area, are clothes looser? jewelary looser?

Jewellery looser is something I'm not happy about. I have some beautiful, expensive rings that are getting quite lose on me now. They keep spinning around on my finger - it's very annoying :mad: It's the only thing about WW that I'm not happy about - weird huh?
    On a brighter note, I was at a family event on Sunday and saw a lot of family I haven't seen in a long time. My sister (who was there too) has always been a size 8/10 and always looks fantastic. Anyway, 2 people (yes 2!) thought I was her!!! :D:D:D Now, before you get carried away, I'm a size 14 but I was a size 20/22 so I look very different to how I used to look. If they thought I was my sister, they must have thought my sister had put on a lot of weight (ha ha!) but when they realised it was me they were full of compliments. It was great - loads of people were commenting on my weight loss so I felt great.

Congrats on your compliments, bubbaloo! Delighted for you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Jewellery looser is something I'm not happy about. I have some beautiful, expensive rings that are getting quite lose on me now. They keep spinning around on my finger - it's very annoying :mad: It's the only thing about WW that I'm not happy about - weird huh?

Yeah i am the same about the jewelry thing! My Pandora has all genuine charms on it and is worth over 600 euro and it is swinging off my arm! I have to be so careful with it. I think i will get the smaller chain though and transfer the charms onto it! That and my shoe size shrinking 2 sizes are the downsides to loosing 6 stone!! I have loads of cool shoes and they are too big.... And you think there are no downsides!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

have you seen losses in other area, are clothes looser? jewelary looser?
    I know its incredible frustrating, maybe you need to start eating some of your weeklies, like track your activity points, and what ever they are...use that many of your weeklies, maybe go more protein and less carbs, change it up and give your system a bit of a shock and a wake up call. You might also need to drink about another 1/2 litre of water the day your excercising. Especially over the next few days, we're due to get a bit SUN SUN SUN from from tomorrow....

Thanks for the advice lainy.. will def take into account what you have said.. I have my WI tonight so hopefully will be down some... yeah some of my jewelary is loose will soon have to get one of my rings resized:D... My clothes down from size 28 to 24 which is great:D. I really have to stop complaining and be happy that im loosing weight slowely as i no that way it will stay off for good... I just really wanted 3 and half stone gone before my holidays in 4 weeks and would have 11.5 lbs to go before i reach that... At this rate its looking more like 3stone which is still great i no... And i want 4 stone gone before summer is over so i can go back horse riding:D.. Im getting there just have to realise that i cant loose this over night.. It takes time and alot of work but the rewards are HUGE:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Shoe Lover wrote: »

well the fact they are looser means you ARE losing in general, less bloated, losing water, inches.

your body might just be too used to what you eating, jazz it up a little, more protein in the breakfast maybe, add a boiled egg to your breakfast, boil it up and deshell it the night before and keep it in the fridge :P that way you cant say...ah i dont have time this morning...

Micki wrote: »
    Yeah i am the same about the jewelry thing! My Pandora has all genuine charms on it and is worth over 600 euro and it is swinging off my arm! I have to be so careful with it. I think i will get the smaller chain though and transfer the charms onto it! That and my shoe size shrinking 2 sizes are the downsides to loosing 6 stone!! I have loads of cool shoes and they are too big.... And you think there are no downsides!!! :D

same here! my pandora bracelet is real, and i have alot of REALLY nice rare b*tch to find charms...some real, some...high end alternatives to pandora, and its like a freaking hoolahoop around my wrist. Going to keep the charms, and try and sell the base bracelet and get a smaller one....

LOL A friend of my mums called up yesterday, it was her dog I was grooming. She paid me....and then handed me a chocolate cake! :O I had one slice....thats my story and i'm sticking to it...i swear i dont know what happened to the other two slices of it LMAO

Well today....i'm getting rid of it! I've it cut into slices...along with the apple tart thats been in the fridge screaming at me all weekend. We have a guy working on the patio today with my brother....hopefully they'll demolish all the cake and apple tart!

LMAO!

(hmmm this is kinda a funny post...might rob it for my blog)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

hi
    just back from my WI and down 2lb taught it would more as i walked 5km for 7 days straight,its a loss and thats the main thing and i got to my 10% loss this morning.Going to the west for a few days holidays next week so am a little worried how i will cope when i wont be cooking my own food and the lack of exercise:(

• Advertisement

harr wrote: »
    hi
    just back from my WI and down 2lb taught it would more as i walked 5km for 7 days straight,its a loss and thats the main thing and i got to my 10% loss this morning.Going to the west for a few days holidays next week so am a little worried how i will cope when i wont be cooking my own food and the lack of exercise:(

you wont be able to point things 100% thats just a fact. So just use common sense and eat healthy,drink loads of extra water as naturally on hols you will prob be having a few more drinks than usual :p

Munu Lingo:
    A: Translating dish descriptions is half the battle when you're trying to eat healthily out on the town. Read the description carefully, and be on the lookout for terms that may indicate more caloric preparations. Phrases like battered, breaded, buttered, creamed, crispy and fried are clear red flags. But some other, not so obvious unhealthy terms include:

Au Gratin - topped with cheese or a combination of breadcrumbs and butter.

Bolognaise - a meat sauce often made with full fat milk or cream.

Flambé - small quantities of hot liquid containing alcohol are poured over the food and then set alight.

Glacé - coat with a thin sugar or syrup.

Hollandaise - a rich, creamy sauce made from egg yolks, butter and lemon juice.

Roux - melted butter or fat combined with an equal amount of flour, used for thickening sauces, soups or gravies.

Sauté - food is cooked gently in a little hot fat, shaking the pan to prevent sticking or browning.

Scalloped - usually refers to a potato-based dish made with cream or a creamy sauce.

Healthier Options
    On the other hand, dish descriptions that usually indicate healthier preparations include:

Au jus (in its own juice)
    Baked
    Boiled
    Grilled
    En papillote (food cooked in a foil or greaseproof parcel)
    Pared (thinly peeled vegetables or fruit)
    Poached
    Roasted
    Seared
    Steamed

Mean Greens
    Salads are supposed to be light choices, right? Here are some things you need to know if you want to go green:

Goat's Cheese Salad
    Whether it's ordered from a restaurant menu or supermarket bought, this salad can carry a ProPoints value of up 20! You'd be better off ordering a plain grilled steak with green salad or steamed veggies on the side.

Caesar Salad
    This dish is often higher in ProPoints values than you may expect. Ask for the dressing on the side so you can add just a little, to taste. Or opt for a Greek Salad, with the dressing served separately.

Tomato and Mozarella Salad
    The mozarella cheese can make this simple side salad high in ProPoints values. Try a mixed or vegetable side salad instead if you'd prefer to keep the ProPointsvalues down.

Tip:
    Don't pour it on When possible, order salad dressings and sauces on the side. Dip your fork in, instead of pouring it on, and you'll consume far less without noticing much of a difference in flavour.

2lbs....half of us literly would give up our right arm and first born to lose 2lbs at the moment THATS A BIG LOSS!

I always get ceasar salad out...then again i'm rarely ever eating out....but i ask for it without bacon or crutons, and dressing on side (say please and thank you...and staff are more likely to accommodate you) so its just a chicken salad with dressing by the time i get it LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

Congrats on the loss and the compliments.....I always love it when people notice that I have lossed weight!!!

hehehehe lainy, hate it when people come to visit with yummies.....its hard to resist!!! hope your brother helps remove temptation for you :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

you wont be able to point things 100% thats just a fact. So just use common sense and eat healthy,drink loads of extra water as naturally on hols you will prob be having a few more drinks than usual :p

Munu Lingo:
    A: Translating dish descriptions is half the battle when you're trying to eat healthily out on the town. Read the description carefully, and be on the lookout for terms that may indicate more caloric preparations. Phrases like battered, breaded, buttered, creamed, crispy and fried are clear red flags. But some other, not so obvious unhealthy terms include:

Au Gratin - topped with cheese or a combination of breadcrumbs and butter.

Bolognaise - a meat sauce often made with full fat milk or cream.

Flambé - small quantities of hot liquid containing alcohol are poured over the food and then set alight.

Glacé - coat with a thin sugar or syrup.

Hollandaise - a rich, creamy sauce made from egg yolks, butter and lemon juice.

Roux - melted butter or fat combined with an equal amount of flour, used for thickening sauces, soups or gravies.

Sauté - food is cooked gently in a little hot fat, shaking the pan to prevent sticking or browning.

Scalloped - usually refers to a potato-based dish made with cream or a creamy sauce.

Healthier Options
    On the other hand, dish descriptions that usually indicate healthier preparations include:

Au jus (in its own juice)
    Baked
    Boiled
    Grilled
    En papillote (food cooked in a foil or greaseproof parcel)
    Pared (thinly peeled vegetables or fruit)
    Poached
    Roasted
    Seared
    Steamed

Mean Greens
    Salads are supposed to be light choices, right? Here are some things you need to know if you want to go green:

Goat's Cheese Salad
    Whether it's ordered from a restaurant menu or supermarket bought, this salad can carry a ProPoints value of up 20! You'd be better off ordering a plain grilled steak with green salad or steamed veggies on the side.

Caesar Salad
    This dish is often higher in ProPoints values than you may expect. Ask for the dressing on the side so you can add just a little, to taste. Or opt for a Greek Salad, with the dressing served separately.

Tomato and Mozarella Salad
    The mozarella cheese can make this simple side salad high in ProPoints values. Try a mixed or vegetable side salad instead if you'd prefer to keep the ProPointsvalues down.

Tip:
    Don't pour it on When possible, order salad dressings and sauces on the side. Dip your fork in, instead of pouring it on, and you'll consume far less without noticing much of a difference in flavour.

2lbs....half of us literly would give up our right arm and first born to lose 2lbs at the moment THATS A BIG LOSS!

I always get ceasar salad out...then again i'm rarely ever eating out....but i ask for it without bacon or crutons, and dressing on side (say please and thank you...and staff are more likely to accommodate you) so its just a chicken salad with dressing by the time i get it LOL
    Wow thanks a lot for this i am going to print it and keep it my wallet it will be a big help,i am going to try and get out for a walk for a few of the mornings which might help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

The two best feelings in the world - seeing a minus on the scales at WI and genuine compliments from people.
    My best friend always tells me I look great, love that dress etc. But sometimes I feel very patronised by it - like she's just saying it but doesn't actually mean it. But at the weekend, I was wearing a new top and trousers and she was genuinely shocked that I looked so well.
    I was never one for keeping up with the latest trends, whereas she is and she passed some comment about my outfit being so on trend, which I know she meant as a compliment, but my heart sank a little when she said it. It was like she was saying she didn't think I cld wear those clothes or dress 'on trend'.
    Micki wrote: »

My OH gave me a 'promise' ring last Christmas 12 months and I had to stop wearing it last summer, it was gone so tight. But now it fits me perfectly. He said he will get it resized when I get to goal.
    One of my reasons for wanting to loose weight is because we want to get married in the future and I want to look my absolute best. I don't think we will even get engaged until I get to goal! (I'm so shallow sometimes!)
    We had loads of weddings last year and I look back on the pics now and absolutely hate them because I look so huge in them. Don't want to be feeling like that forever.
    hi

Like Lainy said 2lbs is brilliant...don't be so hard on yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

LinK3 wrote: »
    Hi all, happy Monday:) I'm feeling a bit miserable today.have a killer of a sore throat and I ache everywhere. I've pointed all this week, like last week.. I used all my dailies and weeklies but last week I put up 2, so I'm worried for tomorrow.. I need to see a loss and even a half will do..I'm off to trabolgan next week with family so I want to stay focussed.... So nervous about Wi..

Yeahhhhhhh... Had my weigh in and was 1 down, I know it's not the two I gained last week but it's a start.. I got chatting to my leader this week, last week it was the assistant, and we were trying to pin point how I gained 2... I was taking difene!! I pulled a muscle in my shoulder, and it was killing me.. Apparently painkillers make you retain fluid.. I nearly cried with joy! At least all my efforts weren't in vain.. She maintains that I need to keep downing the water and it will show soon.. Off on hols on Friday but determined to keep following the plan;) oooohhhhhh so happy now.. And bought digital scales today so will definitely get my food spot on;)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

Off on Holiday on Sunday so excited! Only one more wi left which is tomorrow night.

My aim was to get 2 stone off before the Holiday and I've managed 21.5lbs I know it's going to be impossible to get the rest off in such a short space of time but I'm delighted with what I've managed.

Went out on Saturday Night in a brand new figure hugging dress that I have been putting off for a while. All my friends were commenting on how amazing I looked it really does make it all worth while when other people start to notice.

Once I'm back from my Holiday I'm going to get back on track and my aim is to be a size 12 for my Birthday, I need goals to keep me going or else I fall off the wagon.

Sorry about the long post, I'm just super excited about the Holiday and I need to work out some energy somehow as I just can't concentrate in work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

hi

2lbs is fab! Go into a shop and pick up 2 x 1lbs of butter and see what you think! It's brilliant - well done!
    kildareash wrote: »
    The two best feelings in the world - seeing a minus on the scales at WI and genuine compliments from people.
    My best friend always tells me I look great, love that dress etc. But sometimes I feel very patronised by it - like she's just saying it but doesn't actually mean it. But at the weekend, I was wearing a new top and trousers and she was genuinely shocked that I looked so well.
    I was never one for keeping up with the latest trends, whereas she is and she passed some comment about my outfit being so on trend, which I know she meant as a compliment, but my heart sank a little when she said it. It was like she was saying she didn't think I cld wear those clothes or dress 'on trend'.

Thanks. I know what you mean. I have a neighbour (who's a bit of a self-absorbed cow tbh!!) and she looked genuinely shocked last week when I met her on the road. She kept saying how "different" I looked and how obvious my weight loss was. I felt like she was only short of saying "god, you were such a fatso, I can't believe you lost weight!!".

Anyway, well done to all those with losses this week. And thanks Lainy for the tips on menu lingo! Very handy to have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

kildareash wrote: »
    My OH gave me a 'promise' ring last Christmas 12 months and I had to stop wearing it last summer, it was gone so tight. But now it fits me perfectly. He said he will get it resized when I get to goal.
    One of my reasons for wanting to loose weight is because we want to get married in the future and I want to look my absolute best. I don't think we will even get engaged until I get to goal! (I'm so shallow sometimes!)
    We had loads of weddings last year and I look back on the pics now and absolutely hate them because I look so huge in them. Don't want to be feeling like that forever.

I'm on the same page as you Kildareash! We want to get married in the next few years and I don't want to be the size of a house walking up the aisle! We're not even engaged yet so it's kinda silly for me to even think of that - but we did have a quick (very quick) look in the window of the Jewellers the other weekend! :D:D:D:D:D I was on a high for the whole week :D:D:D:D

Wow thanks a lot for this i am going to print it and keep it my wallet it will be a big help,i am going to try and get out for a walk for a few of the mornings which might help :)

Good Idea! I'm putting together my own ww guide book at the moment, just for my self, cos ww online, i dont have any little book i can flick thru. and i constantly losing recipes...so printing them out and having them together in my own Handy WW Guide :)

Going to print my self a copy of that Menu lingo aswell..

I'm sure there is an app i can get to scan documents things into my phone....that would be SO freaking handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Good Idea! I'm putting together my own ww guide book at the moment, just for my self, cos ww online, i dont have any little book i can flick thru. and i constantly losing recipes...so printing them out and having them together in my own Handy WW Guide :)

Going to print my self a copy of that Menu lingo aswell..

I'm sure there is an app i can get to scan documents things into my phone....that would be SO freaking handy!

I have started a book Lainy - just a hard cover book and in there I am writing down tips on which brands have the best points value, points on various items that have been posted on the forum and of course some of the recipes that I have tried and liked! I need to go and get some stuff for my healthy eating and when I go into tesco or aldi I go blank and can't always remember what sausages or rice etc is the lowest point option.Hopefully this will help!

I just need the time to trawl through the old forum before they remove it!!!

Went for my WI this morning , down 2 1/2 lb which I am happy about although my home scale showed more!
    this week is going to be a challenge as I am going to my sister for the weekend and there will be lots of cups of tea and (normally cake!) so will have to be prepared!

• Advertisement

I have a couple of things pointed and printed in a little binder now

Baking ingredients,
    Cheese/Dairy/Creams,
    Eating out - Eddie Rockets, Subway, Dominos, 4 Star Pizza, Nandos,
    Chocolate Bars
    Alcohol (nights out...which are rare)
    Desserts/Ice Creams
    Dressings/Sauces/gravys
    Coffees ie starbucks, costa coffee, gloria jeans, M&S

I'm including less healthy stuff....so that I cant be tempted to say "ah i'll just take it from my weeklies"...i'll have the list printed...and hopefully the horrendious high pp value of some "treats" will put me off them. It'll be there in black and white IN THE KITCHEN...so there is no denying it...or "oh god i didnt think it would be that high"

I'm never really eat out. but I do have a friend who when visits we end up eating OUT for every single meal...really annoying....and expensive. She's due to visit soon, so at least I'm prepared. I actually <3 subway but she loves eddie rockets.

And anyone who knows me....knows I love my coffee....i dont care if its 28 degrees...i still want a tall skinny vanilla latte :P 4pp! better than a pint of kopperberg at 8pp :O

I'm prepared to eat/drink right
    I'm prepared to work hard
    I'm prepared to lose weight
    I'm prepared to live my life

ooooooh mum is going baking fruit cake (gross) but means we got MOUNTAINS of cooking apples! NOM NOM NOM Srewed apple with spoon of brown sugar done in the oven! 1pp dessert for after dinner! and these apples ARE HUGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

A nutrional kina ? Can anyone help me out is it best to have a protein rich meal before exercise?

Would this be ok from a nutritional point of view or am I way off does it seem unbalanced?
    251g turkey breast
    Romaine lettuce, onion, tomato, cucumber
    15ml sweet chilli salad dressing
    1 dunnes wholemeal pitta
    300g baby potatoes made into Cajun wedges

And another thing I've 3pp left over now and by the time I get back from Zumba it's 10.30 so kinda late to be eating but my ? Is what's best to eat after exercise is it a banana?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

SAexpat wrote: »
    Love Merengues! I normally make Rachel Allen recipe ( have not pointed it as I have not made them lately., what recipe do you use? You have made me want meremgues!! LOL!!

one I found online:

Making Meringues

Kitchen Utensils Required

1. Large glass mixing bowl
    2 Electric mixer
    3. Grease-free Tablespoon
    4. Baking Trays
    5. Greaseproof paper

To make 12-15 meringues, all you need is:

3 large egg whites
    175g (6oz) caster sugar
    A pinch of salt

Method:

1. Heat the oven to gas mark 2 (150C-300F). Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.

2. Place the egg whites and a pinch of salt in the bowl of an electric mixer with a whisk attachment. Whisk on a low speed for 1 minute, then increase the speed to medium and whisk for another 2-3 minutes, or until the egg whites form stiff peaks. If you lift the whiskattachment out of the bowl, the mixture should look fluffy and cling to them, while the peaks remain stiff and moist-looking.

3. Thengradually add the sugar a tablespoon at a time,whisk on fast speed, until you have a stiff and glossy mixture.

4. Using a large,grease-free metal spoon, place freeform shapes on to the prepared baking trays.

5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the meringues are pale and dry. Turn off the oven and allow the meringues to cool in the oven.

Top tip:
    Oven pre-heated to gas mark 2 (150C-300F)

Temp is then reduced to mark 1 (140C-275F). for baking.

Once meringues are baked,oven is turned fully off,leaving meringues to cool until oven is completely cold.

Layla0509 wrote: »
    A nutrional kina ? Can anyone help me out is it best to have a protein rich meal before exercise?

Would this be ok from a nutritional point of view or am I way off does it seem unbalanced?
    251g turkey breast
    Romaine lettuce, onion, tomato, cucumber
    15ml sweet chilli salad dressing
    1 dunnes wholemeal pitta
    300g baby potatoes made into Cajun wedges

And another thing I've 3pp left over now and by the time I get back from Zumba it's 10.30 so kinda late to be eating but my ? Is what's best to eat after exercise is it a banana?

Dont know where I picked it up might have been from a gym instructor, but to leave an hour after eating before exercising... just to let the food settle. and for the same after wards, cos your body can still be burning calories after excercising after you've actually stopped.

even the turkey breast on its own would be enough for a protein snack. the potatoes might be a bit heavy on the stomach if your going to be bouncing around the place to zumba :) I know i cant excercise on a full full tummy....cos my body just wants to get rid of the food....if you know what i mean....

maybe ditch the pitta bread...you have tonnes of carbs in the potatoes. so to as you said. balance it out. maybe have another bit of turkey cooked for when you get home for protein recovery, help your muscles mend over night
    Maybe have a banana smoothie with your dinner, skimmed milk, banana (i must get back into smoothies...our blender is just a bitch to clean) there is some protein even in skimmed milk, and banana is a energy boost.

PS LOVE LOVE LOVE your wedges :P just had some tonight with some yellow fin sole!

Can someone smack me round the head and tell me to COP ON! I've been very lazy and ah sure...its about Xpp.

TRACK TRACK TRACK! I need to take my own freaking advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Dont know where I picked it up might have been from a gym instructor, but to leave an hour after eating before exercising... just to let the food settle. and for the same after wards, cos your body can still be burning calories after excercising after you've actually stopped.

even the turkey breast on its own would be enough for a protein snack. the potatoes might be a bit heavy on the stomach if your going to be bouncing around the place to zumba :) I know i cant excercise on a full full tummy....cos my body just wants to get rid of the food....if you know what i mean....

maybe ditch the pitta bread...you have tonnes of carbs in the potatoes. so to as you said. balance it out. maybe have another bit of turkey cooked for when you get home for protein recovery, help your muscles mend over night
    Maybe have a banana smoothie with your dinner, skimmed milk, banana (i must get back into smoothies...our blender is just a bitch to clean) there is some protein even in skimmed milk, and banana is a energy boost.

PS LOVE LOVE LOVE your wedges :P just had some tonight with some yellow fin sole!

Can someone smack me round the head and tell me to COP ON! I've been very lazy and ah sure...its about Xpp.

TRACK TRACK TRACK! I need to take my own freaking advice!

Thanks Lainy I ate that at 7 and zumbas at 9.15 I'm the same a full stomach and I'd be sick!
    I added the pitta out of habit I think, thinking it would keep me fuller for longer iykwim

So if I finish Zumba at 10.15 I should wait till 11.15 ish to eat something yikes that's very late will a glass of milk (full fat) do me afterwards it being protein n all for repair

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Thanks Lainy I ate that at 7 and zumbas at 9.15 I'm the same a full stomach and I'd be sick!
    I added the pitta out of habit I think, thinking it would keep me fuller for longer iykwim

So if I finish Zumba at 10.15 I should wait till 11.15 ish to eat something yikes that's very late will a glass of milk (full fat) do me afterwards it being protein n all for repair

if its just a snack and not a full dinner, then straight afterwards wont do any harm....you gotta do what suits your schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hi everyone.
    I took the plunge and joined WW tonight. I have a lot of work to do!! Hopefully I will get there, this is really the first time I've made much of a move to lose weight. I'm about 6st away from my goal weight so I know I have a long journey ahead of me....
    The pro points plan is very realistic before, any other time I've tried to eat healthy I've just thought about cutting out all junk food. It doesn't work for me as when I give in to the junk food, I feel like a failure and just go back to the comfort of junk food. I like that I can have little treats here and there, it's more sustainable for me! I look forward to getting to know you all, and hearing about your weight loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

evening all :)

had a yummy dinner of fresh haddock fillet, veg and boiled spuddies.....it was simple and very yummy for 8 pp, then was out and about in my garden watering my new trees.

Thanks for the Meringue recipe GT, that looks nice and easy, might give it a go tomorrow after the little people are in bed .... they love to 'help' when I am baking.....bless their little cotton socks .... its usually a disaster :D though that might just be my baking skills :o

hey Lizt.....welcome, I am a newbie too.....this thread is BRILLIANT....loads of hints and tips!!!

The book thing is a great idea Lainy.....I have bits written all over the place and end up having to re-point things I have already done, would be handy to have it all in one place!!!

right tis fruit salad and yougurt time, i feel a snack attack coming on

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lass74

Hi all, just home after joining Weight Watchers this evening, so looking for lots of advice from the professionals. Its all a bit daunting but i am going to give it a shot. Have a lot of weight to lose but im going to do it in stages. looking forward to being able to buy straight off the rail rather that going home empty handed.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Down 2lb :p

Only 1.5lb to goal weight. I'm off on hols next Tuesday so was not going to have a WI but I thought better of it. I researched to find a meeting close to the airport at lunchtime and when I said this to my leader she said ah no!
    She has been there for me from day 1 and so is coming early next Tuesday so I can have a WI before I go. I am praying for 1.5lb :o

I am so lucky to have such a supportive leader, not to mention all my 'online' support! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement