Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

:D I want the puppy!! So adorable Lainy a total cutie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Kay_80 wrote: »
    :D I want the puppy!! So adorable Lainy a total cutie :)

motivation now to get out walking more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

kc83 wrote: »
    CAn anyone help me with the ww watchers calculator??? When it asks you to calculate and it asks for carbs, fat etc do you write in say per portion...carbs 21.6g or would I type in the carbs 1.4g of which sugars? Same with fat, just the fat or of which sats.
    JUst confused and did chicken Kiev using of which sats and sugars and came out as opts but the other comes out as 9 which I think is high.have I be doing this wrong all along!!!:eek:

say you have a yogurt ok , i use muller light for example , their 190g in weight , the nutritional content is usually based on 100g ( it will tell u above the content if its based on 100g or something diff ) imput whatever the protein is for 100g , carbs for 100g , fat ( total fat ) for 100g , fiber for 100g

so if ur item weights 500g then whatever you get for 100g you just multiply by 5 to get overall points

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

CAn anyone help me with the ww watchers calculator??? When it asks you to calculate and it asks for carbs, fat etc do you write in say per portion...carbs 21.6g or would I type in the carbs 1.4g of which sugars? Same with fat, just the fat or of which sats.
    JUst confused and did chicken Kiev using of which sats and sugars and came out as opts but the other comes out as 9 which I think is high.have I be doing this wrong all along!!!:eek:

You need to use the total carb & the total fat per serving. So ignore of which sugars & sat fat for pp calculation purposes & yes 9 is high but there is butter, bread crumbs etc. So that all adds up I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Put in total carbs and fat (ignore the 'of which sugars' and 'sat fat'). 9pp for chicken kiev sounds about right (Bernard Matthews is 9pp and M&S is 11pp)

• Advertisement

agrif06 wrote: »
    Put in total carbs and fat (ignore the 'of which sugars' and 'sat fat'). 9pp for chicken kiev sounds about right (Bernard Matthews is 9pp and M&S is 11pp)

You can put in per portion....if the details are on the pack.

if say you have 200g and the info is only given for 100g....then put in the 100g info and times by 2.

Chicken Kievs are about 9ish pp in general...

Its the over all Carbs figure :) dont need to input the sugars or sats numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Thanks a million for quick replies. think I've been using th which sats more often so probably have my pts wrong this week as only got calculator on sat.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    ugh i so havent drank enough water today! my eating been all over the place...its not that i've eaten anything bad....just havent eaten my regular food and normal times.

was on the road all day! But totally worth it! The new puppy is devine!

Carrig Rua :Dhttp://lainysplace.blogspot.com
    puppy is a dote,LL,ive 3 dogs,a labrador(the outside dog),a jack russell(the queen bee!)and a long haired terrier(a ball of loveable fluff),they def keep you busy!! best of luck with new addition!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Down 1.5 lbs this evening. Very happy with that considering my weekend away! Only 1lb away from my 3 stone now. Good luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

LinK3 wrote: »
    Hi all, i had my wi this morning and i too was up 2 pounds.. i'm gutted.. had my parents in law at the weekend as we were heading to a communion on sunday. I tracked all week, drove everyone to the pub and drank water fri and sat, had a boiled egg when they had fries.. i was saving my points for the dinner on sunday, and a few glasses of wine. I chose turkey and ham as all others had loads of sauce, and got gravy on the side..i did have baileys cheescake, 2 glasses of wine, and about 6 vodkas and cranberry, mixed with water the odd time to make it so further. Surely that wasn't enough to add 2 pounds!!! ..

Hi there, I understand you are gutted now, especially because you planned and tracked so well. But, really the reason could be anything. Sometimes even it can be that you didn't eat enough the other days ie:all your 29 points (if that's your daily allowance). Of course if it could be a physical thing and if so you will see a pattern. The fact that you've lost up to now is great, keep doing what you are doing, put it down to a bad week. Don't allow yourself to lose hope. Bet you it will be all fine next week.

• Advertisement

Well done on the losses everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Down 3.5 this evening!:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well after me being a negative Nora all week, I dragged myself to WW this evening, genuinely expecting to be up or to have sts, and I lost 1.5 lbs, 1lb of that is weight loss, as last week I was up .5lb. I also got my first stone!!!! Was chuffed with myself, its been a long time coming, or in a more postive way of putting it, its been slow and steady!!
    Anyway I am definitely gonna glug lots of water this week, I have really neglected that lately.

On another note, I just had the WW 'oat and wheat' crackers, 1pp for 4 crackers, and 30g of philly lite, so 2pp for a pretty tasty snack. The crackers are quite thin, and I can't imagine them filling anyone, unless they ate the whole box! however they are crunchy, and got stop u eating crisps!!

Congrats to all those who lost, and those who haven't keep at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

Hi all, have been absent for a while. Lost the plot food wise, ate before me and behind me during the exams and overloaded on carbs. I feel toxic. Anyway, I probably have all the weight back on but im taking the plunge and starting again in the morning and attending a new class.

DEEP BREATH! looking forward to getting back on track and back on the treadmill.

Can I ask, what happened the other thread? If someone could update me in three sentences id really appreciate it! :)

Ill keep ye posted...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Great to see all the losses on here tonight. Your puppy is gorgeous Lainy - that'll keep you busy, but you know what you're letting yourself in for! Our dogs are both 11 years old now, so we're well past the puppy stage. Love the blog too, you're so positive about everything & I look forward to reading more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 katmcl

Hi,

Just joined the Boards and delighted to see this thread. I started WW 2 weeks ago, 1st week down 7.5lbs and 2nd week down 4lbs...week 3 weigh in tomorrow morning so tracker crossed:D

Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences and tips.

fofany wrote: »
    Great to see all the losses on here tonight. Your puppy is gorgeous Lainy - that'll keep you busy, but you know what you're letting yourself in for! Our dogs are both 11 years old now, so we're well past the puppy stage. Love the blog too, you're so positive about everything & I look forward to reading more.

awww thanks! Its just my little corner to vent...share....put out into the world...and my way of holding my self accountable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

How may points in golden syrup does any one know please just made a pudding will post the recipe in the thread for it! but I was meant to use whole eggs and only used the whites so working out the points now!

right....i'm about as hydrated as i can get! I'll prob be up all night peeing! But its gotta be done! Need 3 perfect days!

So on that note me and Rua are off to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

If anyone is feeling the urge to binge or have any desire for junk food, please let me describe how I feel first:

I ate so much bread and crap today that I feel bloated and horrible, its totally not worth it. I feel a stone heavier and totally regret falling off the wagon. Anymore when I feel a craving for junk I'll have to have something to distract me. Keeping on track is such a great rewarding feeling, its definitely not worth wasting points on rubbish! Good Luck to everyone this week, I hope ye get the losses ye deserve! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I went through my wardrobe yesterday ...

Trousers:
    11 pairs(some 42s, some 40's, some 38s) are too big => charity shop!cool.gif
    have only 3 pairs(all 36s)(and 2 trackies) that fit me righteek.gif
    have 2 work trousers and a pair of jeans that wont close on me just yetrolleyes.gif

Shirts:
    many a pair sent to the local boat yards so they can fit numerous sailboats with new sails ... some were huge!!

Jumpers+TShirts:
    I sorted through them a while ago and like the ones I'm left with too much to throw any more outbiggrin.gif

wooohoooo, my weight can now be expressed in numbers begining with 14st!!! 14st12.5:D:D:D:D to be precise.

another 2.5lbs down, 32.5lbs in total:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    wooohoooo, my weight can now be expressed in numbers begining with 14st!!! 14st12.5:D:D:D:D to be precise.

Well done that's brilliant fair play to ya I'm dying to get into the 14's not too long to wait now I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

hubby's off sick all wk so he's minding our LO so all I'd to worry about this morning was getting myself up and out of the house (can make a bit of time on my clock too!) so made up my lunch & breakie last night and I actually made the 51D today is gonna be a great day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Great news. I love going down a stone bracket. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

congrats thats brilliant!!! :cool:

loving your new puppy Lainey.....we don't have any doggies at the moment, ours died at the end of last year and I can't face replacing him yet :(

had a good night last night, got up on the treadmill and did 2.5km walk which after years of no exercise felt really good......managed to do about 8km so far this week and am hoping to squeeze another walk in before I face the scales on Thursday :P have a headache this morning but me thinks I didn't drink enough water after my walk last night!!!

can someone tell me how to point a portion of avocado??? I know the book says its 8pp for a 'medium' one but I always find that my idea of medium often is vastly different from theirs??? I ate an 80g portion last night but am not sure what points to give it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Was down 2 and half pounds last night:D...

So thats 2st and 9.5 lbs since february... Hoping to get over the 3stone mark for my holidays so 4 more WIs to go Cant wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭harr

well done on the loss and getting under the 15 stone mark,can just ask what kind of exercises you do?

harr wrote: »
    well done on the loss and getting under the 15 stone mark,can just ask what kind of exercises you do?

I was walking round 10-12miles a week and running 3-9 miles a week but have hurt my ankle and did no excersise what so ever in the last 3 weeks( and lost +6lbs in those 3weeks). The only think is I dont eat my weeklies

• Advertisement

Oh and BMI say .... I no longer obese!!!!!!!!:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement