Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good strategy game?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Dont get the new Rome Total war, its a disaster.

I haven't played it, but by all accounts weren't 90% of the issues ironed out about 6 months later? Such is par for the course with Creative Assembly. I will never get a day 1 purchase from them again, even the Warhammer Total War game

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

"weren't 90% of the issues ironed out about 6 months later? " no, its no good on vanilla. I did try it with 1 of the better mods and it was ok. Its just nothing compared to Rome 1....it looks better and more units but game just doesnt work the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

it looks better and more units but game just doesnt work the same.

Thats what makes Shogun 1 & 2 a better part of the series. You get about 10 units types and off you go. Much better than Medieval etc as a result.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Completely disagree on Rome 2. Turned out to be a fantastic game. Attila even more so. Have sunk so man hours into both. Very few issues remaining in Rome, Attila still needs some optimization, but shouldn't detract from your enjoyment.

If you even have a passing interest in the era, you will get great enjoyment from either.

Advertisement