Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Life is Strange

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Episode 4 release times
    CK7UVNTWIAAwzx0.jpg:large

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yes its out tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Man my sleep pattern is gonna be ****ed up staying up all night to play this :pac:

Episode 4 is on the PSN store now. 4.1 Gb download

11794498_437918566391213_5893499266822066495_o.jpg

Gonna wreck my sleep pattern with this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ah, precious Steam download speeds ;)

Nice mellow opening. Goes to show how poorly most cutscenes in gaming are directed. A little bit of thought and care makes such a difference.

Best episode so far

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've only played the opening third but so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Just finished it yesterday. I don't know if I'm just an unobservational idiot but I never suspected the twist ending! Just never saw it being that person. Trying not to spoil anything here.

Fbjm wrote: »
    Just finished it yesterday. I don't know if I'm just an unobservational idiot but I never suspected the twist ending! Just never saw it being that person. Trying not to spoil anything here.

Felt the same way, never saw that coming

• Advertisement

I wasn't surprised by the ending at all. There was always something off about said character I always thought. Picture here, spoils who the character in question is so spoilers

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/11741031_438663799650023_4726898145401699918_o.jpg

Alternate ending to Episode 4. Only watch if you have completed it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHUfwexpL5w

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Fbjm wrote: »
    When he handed out the winner of the award to Courtney at the Vortex Party I had my suspicions. i kept thinking that the winning picture would be of a tortured Kate.
    Still gutted Chloe is dead now shot in Rachel Amber's unmarked grave
    Great episode one of the best I played in any episodic series imo

Oh that was great again. I really hope the next episode isn't as long of a wait!
    Alternate ending to Episode 4. Only watch if you have completed it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHUfwexpL5w

I don't get it :(

tok9 wrote: »
    Oh that was great again. I really hope the next episode isn't as long of a wait!

I don't get it :(

That song has been used on a million teen dramas at similar points.

Yeah it got famous from a very similar scene in the oc which is over ten years old

Ah.. I'm out of the loop :p

Also, that episode really felt like something out of Twin Peaks with a lot of appearances from
    owls

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wow didnt see that coming!

Cool article that shows the design behind a key scene in the game
    http://venturebeat.com/2015/08/04/the-ridiculous-design-behind-a-key-scene-in-life-is-strange/

Cool article that shows the design behind a key scene in the game
    http://venturebeat.com/2015/08/04/the-ridiculous-design-behind-a-key-scene-in-life-is-strange/

Wow, looking at that there was no way that scene was going the way i wanted it 2 because of a choice I made in episode 2. So much time wasted rewinding and going through the options.

In the end I settled for
    stabbing him in the leg
    all other options led to
    him getting shot in the leg but not killed

• Advertisement

Man that is one ridiculously long decision tree!

Surprisingly I got through
    without harming anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Just finished the first episode there. Nice to have a more grounded game than Telltale's output of zombies, fairy tales, DRAGONZ and , er , whatever Borderlands is.

Very good overall. Some seriously good music at points. I love that Jose Gonzalez track that is on the hi-fi in Max's room (I think someone on the radio forum called it The Con Air Effect, deadly when it comes on at random). They use the rewind mechanic excellently, they make you feel guilt for every single choice, and the option to rewind is so tantalizing.

Was a bit weird with Chloe since I remembered her VA from another game, but it wasn't super obvious like say, Troy Baker or Nolan North. Turns out after a look at TV Tropes she was Cassie Cage in Mortal Kombat X.

Looking forward to playing the rest of the episodes that are out, then having a good cry when the wait is so long for the final episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just finished the second episode there.

Man, that is probably one of the best instances in gaming of making you feel powerless. For two episodes I've been rewinding and seeing how different decisions play out and then it's taken away from at a crucial point.
    Thankfully, I saved Kate though.

Edit: Nice touch too by the developers to mention support groups and how to contact them after the credits too.

Just finished episode 4. What the FÚCK?!

This game deals out gut-punch after gut-punch.

Looks like they are announcing Episode 5 release date today.

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/645923485596950528

If they do, I really hope it's on or before the 29th as that's my last day before I get rid of the PS4 and head off. I'd love to complete this story first.

Aiming for a October 20th release date so that's me out :(

Played the first 4 episodes over the space of a few days a couple of weeks ago. Waiting another month is painful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Confirmed for October 20th. Fingers crossed it doesn't get lost in its own plot (think the teaser at the end of the last episode fell back on an overfamiliar reveal) and manages to tie everything together sensibly and intelligently:

https://twitter.com/lifeisstrange/status/651417313166684160

Also the season finale for Tales from the Borderlands is out the same day as Episode 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

I never copped that this is from the Remember Me devs. Nice.
    Wasn't too gone on the first episode but I was sold by the second. Had the obligatory "WTF" moment at the end of the last one. Roll on the 20th!

Advertisement