Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order to play?

• 25-10-2006 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

So I'm getting the complete universe... :)

If I were to show the lot to someone who never saw it, what would be the 'correct' order?

TheGathering, Season1, Season2, Season3, Season4, Season5, CallToArms, Crusade

Left to fill in are:
    • InTheBeginning
    • LegendOfTheRangers
    • RiverOfSouls
    • ThirdSpace
    Indeed, I didn't fill in "InTheBeginning" since I'm not sure if its correct to see it first as it gives away a lot.

jacQues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think Thirdspace takes place at some point towards the end of season 4 I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

in order of watching i would say
    TheGathering,
    Season1,
    Season2,
    Season3,
    Season4,
    Season5,
    InTheBeginning
    ThirdSpace
    RiverOfSouls
    CallToArms,
    Crusade
    LegendOfTheRangers (if ever :))

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jacQues

jacQues wrote:
    So I'm getting the complete universe... :)
    Got it and driving my wife mad by watching it all the time. :)
    jacQues wrote:
    If I were to show the lot to someone who never saw it, what would be the 'correct' order?
    TheGathering, Season1, InTheBeginning, Season2, Season3, Season4, Thirdspace (*), Season5, CallToArms, Crusade

Left to fill in are:
    • LegendOfTheRangers
    • RiverOfSouls
    Season 1 is all about the "hole" in the captain's mind. However, with season 2 we get a new captain and the hole is explained in the last episode of season 1. Therefore I believe that the film "In the beginning" would work best between season 1 and season 2. It is a much better introduction of Sherridan and explains some things that aren't explained elsewhere (but this explanation doesn't affect the storyline for the series ).

Agree / disagree / other comments or additions??

jacQues

(*) = according to monkeyfudge, but sounds correct.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Disagree on when to watch "In the Beginning" - should be post S3 I believe because
    it mentions that Delenn gave the order that started the Earth/Minbari war which we don't find out until then IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I'm inclined to watch seasons 1 through 5 before watching the films, mostly because I found that I preferred the seasons to the films that I have seen and also because that's the way they're boxed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

you could look at them in their release date together with a movement of two eps so it makes more sence:,the gathering Series 1-3, in the beguinning, first half of season 4, thirdspace, rest of season four (bur not deconstruction of falling stars), river of souls, season 5 (but not sleeping in light), call to arms, sleeping in light, deconstruction of falling stars.

Or in the timeline order, which simply moves in the beguinning before the gathering. By moving ITB it actually adds a lot more to Delenns Character as you get a clearer idea of her motivation be the time we get to B5 declaring independance from Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I've seen seasons 1-5 and cried yes cried(I did the ugly cry) when it was over cause I didn't want it to end. What are the movies and how many of them are there i'd like to see them before the new ones come out i know that could be a while 2 years since cgi has come on in leaps and bounds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

there are 5 movies
    The gathering - B5's pilot
    In the beginning - About the earth mimbari war
    Thirdspace - About a strange artifact found in hyperspace
    River of souls - About soulhunters
    Call to arms - Crusades pilot

ok there is a 6th one called Legend of the rangers but its rather crap & kinda disregards the previous history

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Or in the timeline order, which simply moves in the beguinning before the gathering. By moving ITB it actually adds a lot more to Delenns Character as you get a clearer idea of her motivation be the time we get to B5 declaring independance from Earth.
    Yeah but it also spoils major revelations later on in that show, removing an element of surprise and spoils elements from S1 which are a central plot arc.

Update:

TheGathering, Season1all, InTheBeginning, Season2all, Season3all, Season4upto12, Thirdspace, Season4from13, Season5upto??, RiverOfSouls, Season5from??, LegendOfTheRangers(?), CallToArms, Crusade

Thirdspace position
    Zack Allen is wearing his "independant suit", Lyta Alexander is not wearing the PSI corps badge/gloves. Zack gets the suit measured in episode 9, Lyta starts wearing the PSI gear in episode 14. Dr. Franklin and Delenn are both in Thirdspace. Dr. Franklin left for Mars during episode 9 and came back during episode 12. Delenn left for her homeworld during episode 13 and came back during episode 14
    . Therefore, logically, Thirdspace must be in between episodes 12 and 13, so after disc 3 and before disc 4 from the boxset.

I will update about RiverOfSouls and LegendOfTheRangers after I've seen all of Season 5 and LegendOfTheRangers (yes I know its supposed to be bad but I'm still gonna watch it :)).

jacQues

• Advertisement

Update:

TheGathering, Season1all, InTheBeginning, Season2all, Season3all, Season4upto12, Thirdspace, Season4from13, Season5upto8, RiverOfSouls, Season5from9upto21, LegendOfTheRangers, CallToArms, Crusade, Season5episode22.

RiverOfSouls position
    An actual date is given, making it easy. Its a few days before episode 10. However, episode 9 is one day before episode 10.
    . Therefore, logically, RiverOfSouls must be in between episodes 8 and 9, so after disc 2 and before disc 3 from the boxset.

LegendOfTheRangers position
    G'Kar tells us that he's just back from his journey with Lyta.
    Thus this happens after all of B5 and before CallToArms/Crusade.

Season4episode22 is weird but no spoiler. We here all the time what the actual future will bring. This does NOT say anything as to how/why. For example, we know how Londo dies from season 1, but this doesn't happen any time soon. Thus, this episode is fine where it is. Season5episode22 is different. It actually happens after everything else.

jacQues

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I mkust get all these and watch them! Thanks for the order.

Advertisement