Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New addition to Thomann.de

• 24-08-2006 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Epiphone Valve Jr. Heads are now in.

Mmmmmm....

Epiphone Valve Junior Head E-guitar Head, Tube, 5 Watt,Class A, 1x EL84 and 1x12AX7 Tube, 1 channel, 1 controlfor volume, 4,8 and 16ohm Speaker Out

195898.jpg

http://www.thomann.de/artikel-195898.html?iwid=6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Yeah! I'm still gassing over a totally unnecessary and completely unjustifiable purchase of a combo :o

Actually the head seems to be slightly worse value at €135 considering the combo is €145.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Jesus I would love one of those for practicing in my bedroom.
    You cant get the best noise out of a Deluxe at bedroom levels unfortunately.
    Was also considering a Microcube though..

fish-head wrote:
    Jesus I would love one of those for practicing in my bedroom.
    You cant get the best noise out of a Deluxe at bedroom levels unfortunately.
    Was also considering a Microcube though..

The only thing that has stopped me getting an EVJ combo is that I've read in several places including here that it's WAY too loud for the bedroom and it only gets the characteristic valve sound when its cranked.
    Sounds like a Microcube would suit you better.

Fair enough. Still, the Valve Junior has still got a hell of an appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I <3 my M1Cr0cy00b3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Everyone should own a microcube. Even if you don't play guitar.

They go well with salads, meat, soup and can even be worn as a fashionable accessory.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭JMArr

I was gassing over one of these last week and tried one in a cardiff guitar shop when I was there for the weekend. not a bad amp but I you really have to crank it loud to get it to break up..and it does get pretty dang loud! I couldnt get a useable rock sound even cranked to about 3oclock on the vol ..and it was way too loud for the shop.not sure it would suit as a bedroom practice amp really.microcube is the job imo..but now gassin for a vox valvetronix as well !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Naw, the only new addition to thomann that's exciting me is this. Man I would love to give one of those a go.

Oh, and I heartily endorse the Microcube. ;)

Naw, the only new addition to thomann that's exciting me is this.

I don't think it has enough knobs. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement