Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭frankoreagan

Got the same. Fair auld whack of stuff to get your head around!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sunnyrays

Anybody do the practice tests yet? I found them really hard. 1 minute isn't enough time especially seeing as you can only do them once. The time ran out just as I was getting the hang of what I was doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭frankoreagan

Can you only do the practice tests once? like the practice for the online assessment ? I'll leave it til closer to the assessment day if so.

From what I can see you can only do the call center simulation test and the audio typing test once. I tried to go back in and do them again but it said that they were completed so I couldn't click on them again. They were only 1 minute each and it felt to me like 10 seconds. Not much of a practice. You basically get a chance to see the format of the test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

I got 10 am for Fri 12th. Might leave the practice tests until a bit closer the time. Best of luck to ye all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 NASHSE1

Just tried them there . Ive done a few before. My stupid computer speakers arent working so basically ive forfeited my test damn.

Ok guys for anybody who wants to do the test again the call center one you need a diffferent email to do it again

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

lmb2015 wrote: »
    Just got one with time to attend and links to sample test

Same here.

On a slightly different note does anyone know the shift patterns that call takers work? Obviously there's a 24/7 attendance requirement but are they 8 hour, 12 hour, etc shifts? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Same here.

On a slightly different note does anyone know the shift patterns that call takers work? Obviously there's a 24/7 attendance requirement but are they 8 hour, 12 hour, etc shifts? Thanks
    12 hour shifts, days nights, weekends and holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

12 hour shifts, days nights, weekends and holidays

Thanks for that

12hr shifts. If therr anything like my last job there 8am-8pm 8pm-8am . As far as im aware ambulance service shift and control service shifts are like that .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭alphaecho92

Might do the same leave them until closer to the time. Anyone know of any websites you can practice audio / typing? Had a look but can't find any decent ones.

I don't know of any websites but you could maybe try reading a page from a book etc. aloud and record it on your phone. Then play it back and try to type it.

Thanks sunny rays good idea might even get someone to talk to me and see.

Hey folks. I've been practicing audio typing online. I'm feckin' terrible:-(. I didn't realise it was this hard:-(

Try not to get disheartened RoadhouseBlues. I'm finding it hard too and I'm sure a lot of others are aswell. All we can do is keep practising!

Cheers Sunny. I thought I was fairly good at typing, but this audio thing is completely different. I wonder what wpm they will expect on this. Feck.

I would say 25wpm is still the passing speed and then those that pass will be ranked according to how well they do overall in the 3 tests. That's what I would think anyway.

I will just have to do as well as I can. Best of luck to you Sunny.

Best of luck to you too and everybody else! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Good luck to you all, you will find the tests okay, don't panic too much, keeping calm is all part of it and an important quality on the job!

Although naturally it's tough at times it can be a really rewarding job, was one of my favourite positions!

Best of luck to you all

• Advertisement

Just try your best everybody thats all you can give to this . Best of luck to us all. See you all in dublin . Did everyone check their email ? . An application form has been sent and needs to be filled out and returned so that those who are successful will be going through to the next round which is interview stage .

Right folks jusy under 48hrs to go now .

Best advice i can give is ...

Dont let your anxiety take over . Deep breathing exercises all the way to and in the center at which we'll all do these tests .

try your best its all you can ask of yourself dont put yourself under pressyre those around you are feeling what you are your all one here no better than the rest .

Positivity all the way .

Focus on YOUR job you have to do dont get distracted by others and what they all have to do as a group vecause of why your here focusing on your own thing will help you to give it yoyr all .

Finally .

Best of luck. I will say a prayer and light a candle for each and every one of us doing it . Give it your all and you wont go wrong

We have this guys and gals we have this :-)

Also finding some of the assessments hard, all we can do now is try our best :)

Had to pull out folks, but I intend to apply again in the future. Best of luck to you all and I will be popping back to see how you all done:-). Take care. RB.

Well that was an eye opener .

Best of luck folks we'll get through to the interviews . Lord knows we all tried our best at it .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

How long was the test in total? Many no shows?

About an hour . I dont know to be honest . I wonder how many did it in total

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

How big was the class size? Id heard rumors of 400 in total but again that may well be just hear say

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Royal82

5500 wrote: »
    How big was the class size? Id heard rumors of 400 in total but again that may well be just hear say

Hi, I did my assessment today, there were about 20 of us in there.

I would guess that I didn't qualify anyway!!! Had a disaster!! Panicked big time!!!

I thought the test itself was actually fine.
    It was me that was the problem!!!

Best of luck to everyone anyway!!

• Advertisement

Ah they were doing them all day bout 20-30in each class .

Ah dont be worrying you tried it . Everyone is in the same boat as you so dont feel bad. Just wait to hear and see how it goes.

Advertisement